What was the first algorithm you had problem understanding?

What was the first algorithm you had problem understanding?

Attached: 1546988058350.jpg (437x437, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/DQN
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Quicksort with those feggin pivots
Goddit nao tho.

Pretty much all of the general purpose prime factorization algorithm.

Attached: 1548256588531.gif (750x1186, 233K)

Most of them.
Fuck algorithms. I don't need that knowledge to make six figures.

Is social interaction an algorithm?

Attached: 1545295732694.png (500x366, 92K)

t. designated web shitter

I never learned algorithms because they all seemed boring and I couldn't figure out how to code.
I just know crypto

merge sort
I understood all the way up until you get a bunch of arrays of length 1
I didn't understand where you go from there. I remember struggling to figure out how to write the code for merging the arrays (especially the big ones) that didn't fuck up my time complexity

recursive

>Jews smarter than goys
Ha yes, yes. Good goy.

crypto is algorithms you stupid shit

AVL trees
MCT Search

You sound like a nigger

>he doesn't know
you're in for a surprise

That's what I said .

You can't be a cryptographer without algo knowledge faggot

currently having really hard time implementing double DQN algorithm
same
randomized quick sort made it worse
AVL trees fucked me good

fizzbuzz

Ashkenazi are smarter by a pretty slim margin than actual European whites (when you try to lump half the fucking world into the white category, the difference looks larger), but most people of Hebraic origin are no smarter than camel jockeys.

I before E except after C

dijkstra's algorithm was kind of confusing at first

Attached: Dijkstra_Animation.gif (283x222, 9K)

ur mom

Underrated post.

fastICA.
To this day I still don't undestand how this shit works but I don't do signla processing anymore so I don't give a shit

Understanding the theory, none.
Implementing them, probably all lmao.
Thank god stack overflow exists.

how to fuck femalies

>doesn't know how to code
>doesn't get algorithms
>says he knows cryptography
knowing names like AES, key lengths and how many billion years it takes to crack doesn't mean you know encryption, faggot

inb4
>i meant i know how to mine/buy/sell cryptocurrency

Probably something recursive. I didn't really understand recursion until I took a course in Prolog and Scheme.

Merge sort.

I had a hard time learning recursion

Attached: 1.jpg (138x347, 12K)

max-fag/min-cunt

Fast Fourier Transform

>he thinks iq is a monotonic, transitive """measure""
peak söy

Attached: 1525170688555.jpg (2928x922, 588K)

This:

I still don't get this. It was a no brainier to me. Just one function calling a function, itself in this context.
I just don't understand what is difficult in this concept. Many times it seems to me like a running joke, like install gentoo or something, that I didn't get.

singular value decomposition
shieeet

It took me 3 months to implement Djisktras algorithm in Python 3

Attached: Computer.gif (640x480, 1.26M)

fuck any linear algebra algorithms

It was introduced to me in a program before i learned the concept, in my first programming class. Teacher didn't present it in the best way for a newcomer

what's wrong with those who say recursion? recursifivity is generally the natural and easier way to express the solution.

The concept of a function calling itself is trivial. The function stack frame, and how variables are passed across them and shit is not if you're a beginner. Yeah obviously the fibonacci recursive example as easy as shit to understand. Some backtracking algo often isn't.

Also, your answer is like saying "writing a back is just arranging a series of words". Well yeah, but to actually do it well is not trivial. You need a deeper understanding of recursion than "a function calling itself" if you need to write a non trivial recursive algorithm.

>writing a book
I am retard

who wants to know the secret to understanding recursion?

This and PCA. I wrote them in code but still don't really know what the fuck it's doing.

Same. Got everything else though.

the secret to understanding recursion is to understand recursion

You can say that again!

>currently having really hard time implementing double DQN algorithm

I would have trouble with that simply because DQN is a Japanese insult.
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/DQN
What you are talking about is apparently linked at the end of the article.

I actually studied this in a linear algebra class. I remember spending hours solving proofs of various properties. Can't remember a fucking thing now 12 months later. That was worth it.

nope. that's infinitely wrong.

My first? Knuth-Morris-Pratt string search, probably. I had to sit for an hour before it clicked. Even graph and parsing algorithms weren't that bad for me.
Now that I totally forgot it, I can relive that experience once again if I for whatever reason will need to search for a substring very quickly.

Gradient in 2D Cartesian coordinate, no joke. In that time my brain just keep brain farting all the time

Well, it was no algorithm, but I had one of those learning computers, and mine had a built-in BASIC interpreter.

Not a whole lot you could do with that. There wasn't really any teaching material and I was basically simply copying code from the instruction booklet.
Didn't understand a single bit of what I was doing, but the programs worked.

Dijkstra.

recursion isnt used much but its more legible then almost all itterative code, its sometimes hard to see that its required in a solution thought.
It also runs slower then itterative even for the same exponent solution and fibonacci

English grammar.

Either quicksort or minimax.

I feel like I could get minimax if my first fucking experience with it wasn't my grad school, kazakhstani professor who spreaks broken english and explains nothing while referencing a book we didn't use.

true unsupervised AI
great thing about it is you only have to do it once.

lul

>Ashkenazi are smarter by a pretty slim margin
Meanwhile Israel has a lower IQ than most western states (though pretty close to western states regardless)

>le based semite defending kike bankers who "couldn't possibly have forseen," their toxic mortgage scams sold to poverty stricken mud people blowing up - muh blek swan
Hello Chaim.

Asians are to whites as whites are to blacks. The differences in IQ are decidedly not the reason that Africa and the US are fucked.
Africa is fucked because it's a terrible continent which it's hard to farm anything on.
The US is fucked because of its education system and systemized racism.

how to fuck femalies

How to separate digits in a number.

asians aren't significantly smarter than whites and africa is fucked because of africans not because of the enviornment

turn into a string, hon

lel I'm not even a CS fag and I wrote 3D A* in Matlab in an afternoon

bubblesort bump

you are a good guy

Look up Jewish scientists and mathematicians. Be very surprised.

for loop

Isn’t the sieve or erostothenes a relatively easy way to go about this?

I’m godawful at CS stuff (trying to improve) so correct me if wrong.

using the jacob method to diagonalize a 3x3 rotation matrix
And I gave up on it

Prime factorization and prime finding algorithms are two different things, besides, sieve of eratosthenes is the least efficient method of finding prime numbers.

I thought that nested for loops were weird, this book I was reading made a chess board game with multidimensional arrays and nested for loops in order to display it in the terminal

Attached: 1545680983336.jpg (1280x960, 260K)

I once tried to write a small chess engine and it fucked me up.

No, the least efficient is trial division, sieve is fast but not space efficient.

:(

Dont remember the first one but recently Paxos and Kademlia were kind of a doozy

Attached: 1546183389546.gif (190x300, 1.54M)

>Systemized racism
Lol almost had me.