Behold! The first anime release to use AV1+Opus! And 10bit while at it!

Behold! The first anime release to use AV1+Opus! And 10bit while at it!
>Encode: 851 kb/s, libaom 1.0.0-969-gfe996504f 10bit, 1080p
>Encode: 292 kb/s (Jap), 282 kb/s (Eng), libopus 1.3, 5.1

nyaa.si/view/1100805

Everything Haswell and after is good to go according to SmilingWolf.

Attached: ohayou seiba.jpg (594x483, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si
aomedia.org/membership/members/
my.mixtape.moe/geldpa.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>38 GB

> nyaa.si
Give the nyaa.pantsu link.

>it's File size: 1.2 GiB
Why spread disinfo?

comparisons where?

my bad, I was looking at the source video

Reading the comments seems to imply that Google is behind AV1. What did they intend to gain from that? Another monopoly where you're hooked to Google system?

Why would you want something inferior?

yes, google makes a protocol, shills it like no tomorrow, now everyone uses it, but google's implementations are good from the beginning and they start making interesting changes to the protocols

Fucking hell another pedo poster

?

>Yeah I forgot to set sane keyframe intervals when encoding and used aomenc’s insane defaults. In action sequences that shouldn’t be a problem because KFs are automatically placed close enough to each other, but static scenes are fucked up. Don’t even try skipping the final credits unless you’re using the chapters, or you’ll be in for a world of pain.

>I’ll keep this in mind for my next encode.

so this is the power of AV1

Colors are good, sharpness is good, detail is good. Audio is punchy and clear. This is 2h movie so 1.2GB is not too shabby. Uses 3% of Ryzen 1600.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-01-30-17h02m26s499.jpg (1920x1080, 365K)

>Reading the comments seems to imply that Google is behind AV1.
AOM is behind AV1. That includes Google, but it's far from being the only member.
aomedia.org/membership/members/

This is the power of stupid encoders.

wtf

its still fucked 38gb cartoons exist FFS and i thought i was autistic with my DSD music collecting

>laptop will work burning hot to play the file
No thanks, I'll stick with h264 8bit

I use Windows, so don't ask stupid questions.

>some new shitty codec smelly placebophile madVR kike weebs can jerk themselves off to over how incompatible it is with non-autistic devices now that h.265 is getting hardware support and most things can play h.264 hi10p

Attached: 1520475070006.jpg (1920x1080, 370K)

h264 8bit is literally good enough anyway. I'm guessing AV1 will be actually relevant somewhere around 2024 when encode/decode hardware is widespread, but h264 fallback on streaming services is going to be around for a long time.

>hi10
I've had only mediocre luck with getting this to play everywhere. It's surprising how many devices only support up to main profile level 4.0 with a yuv420p pixel format.

>2024
It works right now, even in browsers, and doesn't require miracle PC. Problem is encoding speed and lack of ARM SoCs capable of decoding it. By 2022 latest it shold be defacto.

I will try to watch it on my 6300HQ. Lately I've been compressing my lossy school projects to h265 and even my professor was impressed. Usually it's a 1000x decrease in size.

It won’t be

I'm gonna check it out only to see my old laptops melt trying to decode a movie I don't give half a shit about
Thanks man

>cartoons
Who cares. Encode some real footage and try again

i bet we wont have wayland either. calling it.

>Heaven's feel
fuck off wormcuck.

Why do people care about hardware decoding? Just use a fast CPU.

I'll just wait till he encoded the PROPER.

Attached: 2cbt5y.jpg (496x360, 32K)

IT drops frames like crazy in action scenes. quad@3,5GHz

>What did they intend to gain from that?
save money on video hosting and streaming

My chink TV can play it

Already lost on encode time

Maybe if you're still using a sandy vagina cpu

>CPUs that should be fine as-is at stock clockrates
>(1st gen) Core i7 870 / 940 / Xeon X3470 (4c/8t Nehalem @ 2.93GHz)
Shit's already 10 years old at this point, based

People still use pantsu? Cartel a shit, but when pantsu was so behind even when scrapping, I had no choice but to fall for nyaa again.

Based weebs pushing bleeding edge codecs.

Attached: 1544045738461.jpg (1331x998, 321K)

>pic
>more detail in background than foreground
fug animu sux

based anime

>be netflix
>same billions of dollars in bandwidth cost for better quality content
>same millions of dollars in codec patents
>be isp
>save millions of dollars in bandwidth costs
>be you
>your neighbors don't saturate the city bandwidth anymore
>4g now work even in peak use times if needed

av1 has literally no downside, h265 is already dead as mpeg is working on VVC (probably named h266).
By the time it's out everyone and even your mother will have a hw-accelerated av1 decoder device.

>literally no downside
Maybe to people who like to tightwad and timesink their shitty riced media players. I have a 6 core i7, but if your codec can't play on my 2 year old smartphone it is garbage made for retarded autists and I refuse to use it out of principle.

How long did it take to encode that shit into AV1? I have a 2700x but even that looks like it would take plenty of time.
On another note, can't wait for AV1 to take off, I'd like to convert my entire 10TB animu library to it and save some nice space.

Attached: Slightly_smug_Filicia.jpg (1920x1080, 210K)

Cool! Someone please upload a short sample to mixtape.moe.

Attached: taiga.gif (223x396, 35K)

Only secondaries hate HF.

Attached: you know it.png (925x583, 113K)

so did h264 and h265 at launch, there is only one working reference(not optimized) encoder and only two decoders (one ref and one opti).
by the end of the year you can expect decoders for low-end pcs and smartphones.

Just buy another hdd already. You're not saving money but saving lots of time to re-encoded it.

By the time it's available to the mainstream autistic weeb ricer encoder kikes will have moved on to some even more autistic faggy codec, probably something that requires 2x the processing power for a 0.0001% reduction in file size.

>but if your codec can't play on my 2 year old smartphone
kek, people consuming any type of media on a smartphone. I am a fucking boomer in that sense, I can't understand how anyone can watch entire series or read mango on such a tiny fucking screen.

I don't you retard. I consume media on my desktop with a TV. It's a matter of not caving to the power trip autism that weeb ricer codec placebophiles get when they release something in a format that has zero compatibility, like h.264 hi10p. Utter garbage, only adopted to make cringeworthy beta fags like daiz feel better.

It's been a while since I made some test encodes, but here are my last results from an old thread:
>23 Nov 2018
>For 1080p anime footage (lots of movement) encoded at 1Mbps with aomenc on a Ryzen 7 2700x
>cpu-used 0: 0.02 fps
>cpu-used 0 + tile-columns 2: 0.05 fps
>cpu-used 0 + tile-columns/rows to use all 16 threads: 0.12 fps
>cpu-used 8 + tile-columns/rows to use all 16 threads: 0.66 fps
>The last one is about as fast as x265 with preset placebo, but the quality of course suffers from such a fast preset and this many independently encoded columns/rows.

>By the time it's available to the mainstream autistic weeb ricer encoder kikes will have moved on to some even more autistic faggy codec, probably something that requires 2x the processing power for a 0.0001% reduction in file size.
wrong. h265 is not used that much, h264 is still king even with hw accel decoding.
av1 sounds promising especially given how bus speeds are not increasing that much each year in contrast to resolutions.
We NEED lower bitrate codecs

h.264 only has longevity because no hardware supports the shitty hi10p profile that weeb ricers love to use. Obviously less support is better right?

You're complaining about 10-bit? As in, it's a matter of principle to you to watch 8-bit anime?

Holy fuck that is slow.

It's a matter of principal to shit on autistic 10bit cartel shills.

waste of time, literally

I'd like to see the results with noised source files
with that shit about prediction, at the borders where the frame is sectioned up into blocks, I wonder if it would make a perceptible grid

Attached: VOE.jpg (1440x1080, 804K)

Yes.
rav1e is somewhat faster, but the quality doesn't match aomenc's even with roughly the same encoding speed.

>smelly placebophile madVR kike weebs
>tightwad
>shitty riced
>timesink
>retarded autists
>power trip autism
>weeb ricer codec placebophiles
>cringeworthy beta fags
>principal
>cartel shills
If you are not trolling, you are subhuman. No wonder /a/ is trash.

Fuck off Daiz

he died.

Good

Fast CPUs don't exist on anything that isn't a desktop/high power laptop
Most ARM devices live and die by there hardware decoders, once you get outside of what can be HW decoded there is a good chance your CPU might not be able to software decode whatever new format your trying to play

Doesn't run on my thinkpad.

>Someone please upload a short sample
here
my.mixtape.moe/geldpa.webm

based

I want know more about this new codec.

EX-CARIBA

Attached: 6016828c9fb048ab74e136bec45e07ed.jpg (1228x1736, 922K)

It has always been that way. It was weeb who pushed patch to make aom encoder work with multiple threads.

Attached: 1455834744041.png (1280x720, 974K)

>No mention of based Ivy Bridge

who hurt you

thanks desu

Attached: DxyIic8V4AAhPKu.jpg (847x1200, 117K)

Based weeb

Yeah but who uses ARM devices for that? I understand maybe someone might want to watch anime on their phones but that sucks compared to a comfy large screen display.

>to make aom encoder work with multiple threads.
Wait. What?

Most people at this point use an ARM device to watch shit on there TV, whether it be on there smart TV or a set-top box or a streaming stick, it's all arm devices that can barely do jack shit outside of the HW decoder
People who use there PC on there TV or just use a PC for there video consumption don't really have to worry about new formats but those people are a minority

>no gpu capable of decoding other than vega
>literally 5 arm soc capable of decoding

>sandy bridge too slow
My i3 m370 can do it

Attached: 1543365662517.png (301x267, 37K)

Where does one find the codec installer for AV1?

look it up in your distro's repositiories or build it yourself
code.videolan.org/videolan/dav1d

CPUs that are just too slow
>Any Sandy/Ivy Bridge Pentium

CPUs that should be fine as-is at stock clockrates
>(1st gen) Core i7 870 / 940 / Xeon X3470 (4c/8t Nehalem @ 2.93GHz)
>Pentium G3250 (2c/2t Haswell @ 3.2GHz)
(4th gen)
>Core i3 4340TE (2c/4t Haswell @ 2.6GHz)

the fuck am i reading?, rip 2500k, 2600k, 3750k, 3770k users BTFO LMAO

>written in C
old shit

I'm gonna do it

Attached: screenshot.41.jpg (902x647, 519K)

thx for heating my house.

It specifically mentions Pentium CPUs which are below i3 CPUs in the product stack

>old shit
>doesn't provide alternative.
Its dav1d or aomdec, both of which are written in C.

lets not forget that it's weebs who made mpv.

Attached: 139525469904.gif (400x224, 2.02M)

Most en-/decoders are written in C and Assembly.

your potato can't play, buy a new goy.
!
|>
|

>Jow Forums of all places calling any board trash
But yeah, even /a/ is on decline. I hate it.

What do you think the ratio is for YouTube?

>a 1000x decrease in size.
What were they encoded as before? Mjpeg?

take reading 101 again you imbecile

>Failed to initialize a decoder for codec 'av1'.

Attached: monkey.jpg (750x563, 56K)

implying AV1 is the sole output

it literally says sandy bridge, any!

wow, you genuinely can't read, how the fuck do you even use the internet on daily basis
>Any Sandy/Ivy Bridge Pentium
>Any mobile Sandy Bridge i3
MOBILE, you daft cunt

the desktop ones arent in the can run it fine part so they obviously cant keep up

OLD CPU FAGS BTFO!!11

do you get off to purposedly making yourself dumb on the internet and having people scold you?

im right and hes wrong

Daiz will put a stop to this