This is where Microsoft peaked. Productivity doesn't get better than this

This is where Microsoft peaked. Productivity doesn't get better than this.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 21K)

back when normies are not programmers.. now everybody and their mom wanted to learn python

97 was the best

Attached: smugclippy.png (400x350, 99K)

>97
I wasn't even born then. For word it could be, doubt, just use wordpad if that's all you need. Excel, no. Not even a chance that it peaked in nostalgia year.
>no ribbon
Do you get confused by it?

based

3D Word Art & Clip Art

Unironically this

Libreoffice pretty much looks like this

I hate Jow Forums but I might start posting here’s because it’s basically the last hold out of old internet

Attached: 7EB57E04-8D1B-4B21-9155-8B1F85EABFC8.jpg (179x407, 14K)

>no ribbon
the ribbon is just an inconsistent, cluttered mess
it's just a tabbed set of assorted buttons and menus

as for Word, the vast majority of features people used already existed in Word 95, while WordPad is missing a bunch of shit (mostly because WordPad is kinda gimped and lacks features found in Windows 3's built in word processor, Write)
it doesn't even really make things easier, Word really hasn't gotten much in ages
PowerPoint isn't much better either, although it does have nicer templates and transitions.

I will maybe concede Excel, simply because Excel has added a good bit of quality-of-life shit over the years.
like, I could reasonably do whatever I need to in say, Excel 97, but it's just a good bit less effort in a recent version

Kek

Ahem

>the ribbon is just an inconsistent, cluttered mess
t. brainlet
Ribbons are objectively superior to 1-D toolbars, just for the fact that they group similar actions closer together

>PowerPoint isn't much better either, although it does have nicer templates and transitions.
It's like you never did a worthy presentation. New PowerPoint has some nice functions for time-tracking and interactivity. And I don't think PowerPoint 97 had the Presenter View.

Also, not any individual applications but the whole Office suite is just overall better.

Attached: 1546905670942.png (752x585, 49K)

if only we could get back

I hate the ribbon design so I memorize as many keyboard shortcuts as I can. It sucks because I constantly have to show coworkers how to do things in Office and I only know how to tell them the shortcut. No 55+ year old will memorize shortcuts.

>Productivity doesn't get better than this.
>no way to stay in contact with your coworkers

as soon as they started autohiding the top menu items with that greyout look and you had to click the double arrow to show them... that's when i knew things were going downhill
when ribbons arrived... i just gave up on office... too difficult to get real work done with it

to be fair the keyboard shortcuts pop up when you use the ribbon. i should memorize more of the alt+whatever ones in the ribbon instead of just the "classic office" ones

outlook or pic related

Attached: Microsoft-Outlook-98.png (640x428, 111K)

Zoomer

No, it's mostly just reddit. Just more aggressive and even bigger circlejerks.

reddit is only 2 years younger

The Office 97 "coolbar" will always be my favorite UI element.

And facebook is one year older than reddit.
Does that also count as "old internet" by your definition.

1910-1997: KYS
1998-1999: Boomer God Chad
1999+: Zoomer KYS