PS5 devkits

tweaktown.com/news/64659/ps5-devkits-wild-analyst/index.html

Devkits match the performance of the future console so we can expect the PS5 to have an 8core Zen 2 equivalent which would be about as powerful as 9900k and a Navi GPU which will probably be somewhere around 1070TI/Vega56 level performance.

Attached: DYSJUHM.png (781x754, 451K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CWYTOOtplY8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checkerboard_rendering
extremetech.com/gaming/235274-how-sonys-playstation-4-pro-does-4k-without-delivering-4k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

OY VEY
ANTI-SEMITIC THREAD AGAIN

>tweaktown

they're literally worse than currytech

Attached: 1537007644566.png (213x202, 54K)

Attached: 1kqm080rjfd21.png (854x666, 28K)

>t. toilets are technology poster

All information in that article are false.
Microsoft already announced they will be doing "Cloud" console for the next gen with AMD,I assume the PS5 will be the same.

What? They may do a streambox but I seriously doubt they won't have a traditional console as well

They were pretty clear that they are moving away from the standard consoles.
They have to use Azure for something and AMD is having a mini revolution with MI60 gpus and epyc processors in the server market.

this current generation was soo disappointing
I don't give a shit anymore

Nigger are you 12? Do you not remember the always online Xbone debacle??

If Microsoft went full streambox all Sony woukd have to do is offer a traditional console and they would instantly win the console wars.

The reality is BOTH Microsoft and Sony will release BOTH traditional consoles and streamboxes.

doubt it but ok

it's already confirmed that Microsoft are working on two consoles, Lockhart and anaconda, the cloud box/s and x successors, respectively

Is Microsoft's cloud technology there? I'm aware PS Now exists for the Playstation but nothing else for the Xbone.

What's even the point of making a console with actual hardware inside it if you're just gonna stream video from the cloud?

take me back to days of psone and n64 bros

I wish amd would just man up and sell a fat as fuck APU to the masses finally. I would love to design a custom chassis around a 600000 watt APU with a full GPU and 8 core(ONE CCX NIGGER) CPU. Your APU doesn't need to be some shitty 75 watt chip.
Intel pussied out too. Little bitch ass GPU on a 4/8. Give us a 6/12+1800mhz 45-55 CU navi.

>What's even the point of making a console with actual hardware inside it if you're just gonna stream video from the cloud?
Kek you are dense

>PS5 won't be modifiable
They should be nervous, because the next gen of potential buyers seem to be far more tech savvy than current buyers... which leads me to think that unless they score unique games this console will become obsolete VERY quickly. I've noticed that many of my non gamer friends are now using steam. That wasn't so when the PS4 came out.

>Vega 56 level

Called this forever ago. Anyone expecting more than upper-midrange years old PC level was delusional.

what is this cloud gaming bullshit? Are you seriously implying that there is a way to play games remotely without any delay? Even a goddamn 10ms (that's assuming the servers are next to your home) will be noticable. Is someone kidding everyone?

How are they going to market a new console that's barely any faster than the last one with games that look and run pretty much exactly the same?

Nips don't want cloud gaymen

The only question I care about is whether the PS5 and XboxOneXoneBoxX are using chiplets or not, for the implications that usage would have on AMD's capacity to speed bin Ryzen 3000 cpus.

>barely any faster

except piledriver to zen 2 is at least 60% improvement while shitty apu GPU to navi will also let you get 4k60fps

>The reality is BOTH Microsoft and Sony will release BOTH traditional consoles and streamboxes.
This, but most people will buy the streaming box because it will be a lot cheaper and so this will be the last generation of gaming consoles before everything goes 100% streaming.

The ps4 pro is already marketed as a 4k console. 4k with a slightly better frame rate, but the exact same looking games is not enough of a value proposition for most consumers. Only the die hard sony fanboys will buy this thing.

Some game designers are beginning to expand into the PC market to seek the potential of stronger hardware though. I think the new Monster Hunter game tried porting the game to PC (though with limited success). I thought that was big news considering the popularity of the franchise. They also specifically stated that it was for the better specs than that which the consoles provided.

I would be concerned if I was working at Sony in the Playstation department.

What's wrong with a vega56? It's a 400 dollar GPU. And it will have the equivelant of a 500 dollar intel CPU. I think It's pretty good news. It's better then my current pc. Finally consoles will stop holding games back as much as they used to do.

>exact same looking games

still wrong. maxed out witcher 3 on PC doesn't look alike on PS4 pro (ignore FPS).

>so this will be the last generation of gaming consoles
Or, it will be the first generation of sony gaming optimised PCs.

People will get used to it

Outside of twitch shooters normies won't notice.

Looks the same to me.

Attached: download (13).png (1280x720, 1.2M)

There's nothing wrong with it, but it basically confirms next generation will be games that look almost identical pushing full 4k resolution at 30 fps instead of the cobbled together upscaling solution they use now.

4k/60 will be a pipedream on most AAA shit unless it's made not very demanding to begin with.

AAA games are all becoming interactive movies anyway, so pretty soon input lag won't even matter.

consolefags have rock bottom expectations and the media are even bigger plebs than your average consolefaggot. gamespot and polygon and giant bomb and whoever the fuck else will run articles for months on end telling their cretinous readers that lag doesnt exist.

i dont mind playing 5$ per hour on a rtx2080ti performance for some cool story game for a day and play good games on low end physical hardware

>inb4 waaah why are consoles that have been desinged years before release weaker than a high end PC!
>what is optimization!?

But how? You will have at least 60ms ping, that's assuming you don't have any jitters. Imagine playing a game that requires precise timings with your actions. How?

They're already been purposely making games unresponsive to get people acclimated to it.

>youtube.com/watch?v=CWYTOOtplY8

It's jaguar netbook + 7850 / rx480 pro

What's L4 cache?

>talking hardware is /v/

Attached: 1510101698118.png (1296x1458, 212K)

That's just because Rockstar are fucking trash. They're the Applel of game devs. All style no substance. Never cared about GTA, but friends kept pushing me to try it, so I played GTA4 and then RDR. Never touching a RS game again. Every one of their fucking games feels like you're playing underwater.

So those rumors were right. Lisa gave Raja a directive to allocate most of RTG to tailor design Navi for Sony and MS. We haven't even heard a peep about a dGPU Navi but these guys have probably been getting briefed for over a year on the hardware and now they're getting it in hand at least half a year before any builder.

Nobody would buy it, sherlock. There is no demand in the market for high performance integrated graphics aside from system builders who want SFF systems, which is exactly what a console is.
AMD's APUs are mobile parts first and foremost. They only sell these on the desktop market because they're left overs.

1gb of cache would be expensive. It could be hbm memory acting as L4 cache.

streaming on steam dont go over 10ms on a gigabit LAN. well i guess its possible with correct network config like qos, dmz it possible to have a steady 12ish ms
check out nvidia geforce now

>image is 1280x720
>image itself contains 3 screenshots that only take up a small portion of the image

Attached: 1507686249571.png (645x729, 70K)

The Xbox One X runs a lot of games in native 4K at 20-30fps. Its a 40CU IGP and its CPU component is still based on the Jaguar core with low clocks.
4K/60fps won't be a problem for next gen.

what's this gay shit

My best friend is a console gamer, and it pisses me off that the 4k marketing always fools him. So many times he's convinced his game is 4k on the PS pro and I always show him it's just fucking upscaled. His console gamer pea brain can't seem to understand how much harder it is to drive 4K over 1080p.

Based and leakpilled

How do they upscale it?

Most PS4 Pro games that claim to run at 4k use checkerboarding, only rendering alternating 2x2 pixel squares and interpolating the rest like a modern version of interlacing.

> discrete graphics
MS absolutely BTFO.

why are you calling him sherlock

> GTA4 and then RDR
Worst possible combo.
GTA 4 was great at release, like Crysis, but didn't offer much besides graphics or physics. RDR is just boring.
Try Max Payne 3?

>Is someone kidding everyone?
yes, cloud gaming is utter trash, I foresee gigatons of peering issues at internet backend-level which will lead to high latency even if you have fiber.
if most countries don't spend billions in fiber networks AND microsoft put servers everywhere on this planet AND isp don't stop being dicks with each other then don't expect anything from it.
I'd take a 2k pc every two years over this laggy non-personal pos service.

he cant do a number times 4?

I keep telling him, it's 4 times as many pixels as 1080p, but I don't think he understands what that really means. He's pretty retarded when it comes to hardware.

take your meds, cringe poster.

Jesus your standards are low, I feel ripped off if I get less than 5 hours per dollar out of a game.

he probably assumes 4K = 2160p so only double 1080p, disregarding the width.
did you show him something like pic-related?

Attached: 4k.png (397x209, 2K)

Yeah, I dunno why I never showed him the picture. Really puts it in perspective. Will try next time.

Wow, I'd love to hear how they interpolate the half of the frame they aren't rendering

Like interlacing, it's basically temporal.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checkerboard_rendering

ps4 pro has special hardware on the GPU dedicated to this task

>opus

Based

Are you retarded?

They are definatly doing a traditional console, they are doing an mini-xbox without an optical drive and targeting HD resolutions, while the big boy one will be 4k from what i believe. Though a standard console dev kit makes sense as it gives devlopers a hardware target, since even if they do go cloud, it's likely they'll stick a standard peice of hardware in the racks.

To be honest the PS4's 4K is pretty decent, at least it looks better way better than 1080p.

This isn't helpful at all, user & wikipedia said they render 50% of a frame in a checkerboard pattern and interpolate the rest from the frame before

I fail to see how it's obvious how the interpolation is done

DESU, this is incredible for a console. They'll be able to optimize for something that level much more than the average game on PC. Console games are heavily optimized, now with all this extra power, we can see some crazy stuff.

Yeah, they aren't doing that shit since streaming requires good internet connection, which most of the world doesn't have (hell, even US internet is shit when averaged) and because the Xbox One always online backlash.

4k 60fps or I'm not buying it srs
when can we get support for higher refresh rates as well?

Here, smartass.
extremetech.com/gaming/235274-how-sonys-playstation-4-pro-does-4k-without-delivering-4k

Consoles are /v/, retard.

>opus decoder and encoder
it's habbening

The year of opus containerâ„¢

Thanks. So it doesn't take any information from the frame before? This is really simple, I guess you couldn't get away with this on lower resolutions though

Wikipedia said it used a complex algorithm, though maybe I just misread that

Attached: Vandros-1.jpg (1432x777, 193K)

Big if true. Might consider it if it's actually compatible with all ps4 games and it's cheaper than upgrading my pc to be well ahead of it

If true i wish it ran linux like the ps3

Very unlikely to happen because that helped jailbreaking on the PS3 and Sony is not going to want that to happen so easily again.

>play all existing PS4 games
>backwards compatible with last-gen
>last-gen = PS3
>PS4 hardlocks PS2 capabilities but can still play digital games

This sounds like it'll be one motherfucker of a beast. PS4 was in development at the start of the decade so that hardware is "technically" nearly a decade old now.
I fucking hope this generation will be better than the PS4 and will try to outdo the PS3 generation. Mostly been playing PS1 and PS2 games lately.

I mean ps4 got btfod relatively easy as well, and ps3 was more so due to dude keys lmao

There would be demand if the APU had performance around GTX 1060 or better

>drive letter
>on a sony os
total bollocks

Ok, ps4 was better than ps3 for games, thats even and especially excluding cinematics. Ps1 > 2 > psp > 4 >3 > vita

It's just another cache, shockingly. Uncommon, but not unheard of. Broadwell CPUs had an L4 cache (128MB of eDRAM in the case of the i7-5775C).

the image is the xbox devkit
see

it's a devkit

Attached: cf.jpg (800x800, 206K)

>720p
>sub 30 fps
Lol

if consoles move to full streaming from the next generation then we can say goodbye to gaming as the companies will have full control of a game
they'll be able to never release it, which means once the servers go down you'll never be able to experience it again

You can get away with it because resolutions on televisions beyond 1080p are placebo unless you're sitting too close to the screen for the size of the display. Sitting less than 10ft from a 70 inch display causes fatigue pretty quickly.
So the fact that the pixels in between that """4k""" upscale are totally bogus literally doesn't matter. They just have to do the cheapest interpolation that doesn't destroy the quality.

Attached: resolution_chart.jpg (740x505, 102K)

Attached: 1535035188870.png (800x800, 712K)

>a Navi GPU which will probably be somewhere around 1070TI/Vega56 level performance.
It will also have half precision like Vega, game specifically made for it can have huge performance benefits.

>1400mhz
>4096 shaders
>22 gb memory which includes system

Looks like its going to be a vega 64 gpu with GDDR6 with 10gb vram I bet the system memory is 12gb