Open Chrome with a single tab

>Open Chrome with a single tab
>12 instances of Chrome are now running
>Using 500,000k Memory
Thanks jewgle.

Attached: mbKAxfmt05DgoccoGKYDSsNLDA_fx72hk_rQAYJLSx8.png (454x411, 228K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsuite.google.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>having chrome install
Good goy, good

>he doesn't realize that Google is collecting literally all of his PC's important information at all times
>which is why 12 instances of Chrome are running
>and why a single tab takes up 500 mb
>doesn't realize Chrome is actually an advanced AI that is deciding whether user will be sent to the death camps based on his YT comment history and 4 cuck posts

>one for each tab plus base
Where is the issue?

Attached: ch.png (1280x800, 244K)

>separate parts of the browser run in separate processes
They must be insane

>Google Chrome 72 official
>3 tabs open
>all on Jow Forums
>Debian stable with additional firmware

Attached: Screenshot_20190130_210909.png (802x628, 67K)

More than one browser is necessary since the internet is borked and you have to cycle through various browsers to see which one can actually fucking view a given webpage.

>having important information on a computer connected to a network
Do I look like an Iranian nuclear tech to you?

Install ungoogled-chromium

user thinks his collection of chinese cartoons is "important information"

My collection of chinese cartoons is on the networked computer.

what version is this ?

jesus I want to believe
screenshoot full version number

something wrong with your shit user

Attached: taskman.jpg (894x229, 40K)

Says the absolute human cancer-AIDS running Windows 8+

aka the last good version

enjoy your botnet ;)

There are only two rendering engines
You'd be fine with telemetry disabled firefox and any of the foss chromium forks (brave, iridium, ungoogled chromium)
No need for chrome since it won't render any differently than any of the latter

Imagine driving a car that has an engine named "Linux"; each time you'd start it wanting to go somewhere you couldn't reach your set destination because you'd first have to tinker with it in some way since something has broken just when you needed it the most. Now when you're at the gas station you can't fill it up with what every other person fills it with, you have to go over a far steep hill and detour, wasting hours, just so you can power your car with some other inferior alternative. You lie to yourself that it doesn't matter—it consumes less fuel but we all know you're not doing much with it anyway. You can't carry luggage with it despite all other cars doing it just fine, but hey, at least you're not paying road tax since it's free, am I right? Could someone shill for this car in real life?

BWHAHAHHAHAHA, i have 2 more opera browsers with more than 50 tabs each
(20gb ram is comfy)

Attached: Untitled.png (1360x768, 177K)

My customized Firefox uses way less.
Add Firemin into the mix and this picture looks like a really bad joke.

I also really dont give a shit because its a vm that it teather to my phone so I can browse Jow Forums at work from my desk.

>Could someone shill for this car in real life?
Nigger I'd take a free car any day of the week

>opera
Not even considered a mainstream browser any more. Obsolete.

Kek'd

that many youtube tabs is nuts
I'm at 12 but my browser will crash if i open 24.

TFW YOUR BROWSER NOW HAS A TASK MANAGER BUILT IN

Attached: 1548630085032.gif (207x360, 2.75M)

what the fuck did they do to that cat?

fixed

shit using lots of ram is bad but I _need_ 32GB RAM for other reasons

Attached: 2019-01-30 19_32_23-Task Manager.png (740x362, 45K)

>settings
>disable report details to google in software reporter
>restart chrome
>enabled

Made him a good goy.

I have 16gb for jetbrains products alone, and 16 more for everything else.

I've never had this problem. You're probably doing something wrong.

>not using several hundred MB per tab
Get on my level

Attached: 2019_01_30_18_42_00_Task_Manager.jpg (872x508, 84K)

>yt comment history
it's the goolag for me

>12 instances
it's strength in numbers

Kill yourself and everyone around you

>I have 16gb for jetbrains products alone, and 16 more for everything else.
>Jetbrains products
You don't code with the entire family of Jetbrains IDEs simultaneously, do you?

Screenshotty enough? I have turned swappiness to 10% btw and disabled akonadi. Nothing else beyond fixing screen tearing with 2 lines of code in a config file.

Attached: Screenshot_20190131_064345.png (1366x768, 129K)

These are the under the hood settings for Chrome I used.

Attached: Screenshot_20190131_064736.png (1366x768, 82K)

Where you live? I have something I need out of my driveway.

please send help

Attached: 41654654.jpg (505x123, 8K)

You are intentionally or unintentionally misleading them with your seemingly low memory footprint screenshots.

The simple truth beneath all your lies, propaganda and excuses is that you have merely shifted memory (ab)use from system memory to the GPU. The only reason you think you'll get away with this massive dishonest deception is that the "System monitor" tools on GNU/Linux don't actually show GPU memory use at all and the few tools that do don't show per-process (ab)use.

Picture very related is of Chromium Version 71.0.3578.98 running on Fedora under kernel version 5.0.0-rc4-Taeyeon.

Attached: botnetspybrowser-gpuabuse-fs8.png (2726x1394, 145K)

8 gigs of RAM.

>firefox is better
lol

Attached: taskmgr_2019-01-16_20-18-25.jpg (152x145, 10K)

Also core i3 without dedicated GPU.
But keep raging on retard.

But seriously, what happend in the last few years to make web browsers to become ram guzzling sluts?
This never happend 10 years ago.

Haha you see this post has a double meaning.
first of all most people will say that the black guys "Why are you running?" means that chrome runs away when task manager opens because it uses a lot of ram.

but it also means "Why are you "running"?" because google chrome has a background mode where it runs in the background so even though it is closed you ask why is chrome running???.

Chrome has its office suite.
Runs out of the browser, but I use the regular free apps on the iPad and phone only.
gsuite.google.com/

Everyone starting copying the chrome model of making every tab/extensions/media a different process so if one dies or gets locked up or whatever it doesn't affect everything else

In that case there's a package called intel-gpu-tools which has a tool called intel-gpu-overlay which you can run to monitor how much of your memory is actually used by chromium or chrome's GPU process.

Mind fucking blown. It is over now.

two can play at that game

Attached: fox.png (606x678, 23K)

Holy shit BTFO

>the "System monitor" tools on GNU/Linux don't actually show GPU memory use at all and the few tools that do don't show per-process (ab)use.
Lol, so every Linux user reporting memory usage for their install is wrong, interesting.

>high RAM bad

You're all small time. Get on my level.

Attached: Requesting help.png (456x154, 15K)

>wrong
Perhaps "partial" is a better way to describe it. Try this yourself, open a few tabs in Chromium (or Chrome) and press Shift-ESC which launches it's built-in task-manager. That will show you something htop and top and tools like that won't: GPU memory use. Windows started showing per-process GPU memory use and load a while ago, GNU/Linux doesn't.

If you off-load rendering and rasterization and things like that you'll easily end up using say 1.5 GB of system memory and 3 GB GPU memory. htop won't reflect this and make it look like you're just using 1.5 GB when the hard truth is that you're using a total of 4.5 GB.

Attached: chromium-memory-footprint-shift-esc-fs8.png (1538x1187, 68K)