>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

Attached: Consoles.png (714x587, 534K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/
rentry.co/pcbg-more
pcpartpicker.com/list/TssmZR
pcpartpicker.com/list/ThVWvn
videocardz.com/79870/amd-radeon-vii-benchmarks-leak-ahead-of-launch
pcpartpicker.com/user/Cstegg/saved/KrNMZL
pcpartpicker.com/list/xjF4V6
pcpartpicker.com/user/Juelz96/saved/cJvMZL
amazon.com/dp/B073GWFBQ3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_9mIuCb524WJNV
lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php)
forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2018/10/30/nvidia-rtx-2080-ti-cards-have-a-serious-problem-they-keep-dying/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAE2J5X26476&Description=asus vp228h&cm_re=asus_vp228h-_-24-236-678-_-Product
pcpartpicker.com/list/Nf66bX
pcpartpicker.com/list/Nf66bX/by_merchant/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Heh, no Intel platform is evolutive, so you'll be stuck with whatever you have. That said, it's also the best performing gaming CPU at the moment. Just go with whatever liquid cooler that is able to keep such a beast cool.

I look at price first and am still nostalgiafag lost in time so I can't comprehend anything beyond 1080p, so that leaves me to all amd? No reason to go beyond if I don't care about them pixles or full detail gaming?
Also thanks for your help, glad i'm not flamed for being such a newfag

Why the fuck did you butcher the OP?

>been told on Jow Forums that TN panels have better blacks
>sold my IPS panel today and took my brother's spare TN panel for a while, until I decide on what to buy
>blacks look far worse here, practically grey
so I got memed right

tn looks like absolute dogshit, ips, even with its blb and other issues, is infinitely better looking

Switch > PS4 > Xbox One

Prove me wrong fags

Actual OP

Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
>How to assemble a PC

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti | If you can't afford to spend 350 dollar on a CPU go with AMD.
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3400CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060, RX 570, RX 580 are standard choices for older, less demanding or very well optimized titles
>RTX 2060 thanks to 6gb vram only good for 1080p or as a short-term solution; consider 1070/Ti or Vega56 ONLY if on sale
1440p
>RTX 2070; consider 1070/Ti or Vega 56 ONLY if on sale
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is the standard choice but Vega7 launch is soon so better wait
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previously on /pcbg/

>I can't comprehend anything beyond 1080p
Depends how far you sit and what size your monitor is. 1440p on 24" display is painful, 4K on 27" also is. Also depends of your budget: there's a huge jump in price from 1440p 60FPS to 4K or high framerates due to how expensive Intel and Nvidia are.

That said, while I use a 24" 1080p60Hz panel, there's a 27" 1440p60Hz monitor in my house as well. I would be lying if the difference wasn't noticeable. Hell, I'd pick it up for myself, even with the 5-8ms latency if I had the GPU to power it. But yeah, if all you care about is 1080p60FPS, AMD will save you money in comparison to Intel+NVidia.

I just copy-pasted the previous one Anons, I had no ill will.

Attached: viewing-distance-tv-monitor-hd-4k-2a9cf0725816d6c7-1280x720.png (1280x720, 65K)

I need a psu for 50 usd or less , this is going to be a general purpose family pc. Thanks! Would a 500 or 550w do the trick? pcpartpicker.com/list/TssmZR

How do I stop ordering old pc hardware from ebay? I don't even need this stuff but I like the mid 2000s aesthetic.

Since no one seemed to answer me last thread here's the build I bought 2 days ago and is gonna arrive next week
pcpartpicker.com/list/ThVWvn
Did I do well, /pcbg/?
My budget was 5.5K BRL

>Radeon 7 barely beats the 1070Ti
>costs over 700 bucks
Can i now finally order my fucking 2080?
videocardz.com/79870/amd-radeon-vii-benchmarks-leak-ahead-of-launch

Attached: AMD-Radeon-VII-2560x1440-Standard-Quality-FF15.png.jpg (1189x643, 79K)

Ok anons help a pc brainlet build a pc.
>looking to spend between 800-1100 U.S dollars
>thinking intel CORE I7-8700K for cpu, also using a msi-Geforce gtx 1050 Ti to start off
>my use would be for gaming and streaming
>monitor also for gaming
>is this plausible for the suggested budget or do i have to raise it

You do know you need a Ryzen 1000 series CPU to update the BIOS of a B350 or X370 motherboard, right?
>120GB SSD
>Current year
Completely not worth it, a boring 500GB SATA drive would have been better.

>RX 570, RX 580 are standard choices
>Now that nvidia supports freesync
Cringe.

The SSD was going for cheap and I don't plan on playing games or anything.
The motherboard already comes updated from the store.

Why do I only see corsair, evga, and seasonic PSU's recommended? Does no one use other brands?

I'm considering a mini ITX 1500x/560 build for gaming. can it be done for $500 or so? would it even be worth it? I don't have enough space for my current desktop

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-01-30 14-13-26.jpg (735x756, 54K)

Reposting since new thread

After taking some suggestions I've gotten to this point:

pcpartpicker.com/user/Cstegg/saved/KrNMZL

My purpose of this build is for video games and for a Pimax 5k I ordered.

My last build was in 2010 so I'm rusty and data dumped a lot. Just trying to get a high end build that will get me by for 5+ years.

My biggest critiques on the last thread were:

>PSU
Can anyone recommend a good 1000W? I do not have much knowledge of PSUs.

>HDD
I get them from work so nothing beats free IMO

>Something about the I9

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. I'm not a genius.

Not 100% /pcbg/-related but it fits here the best:
How much do you need to spend on a server for a medium sized (8 people) business? We seriously need an upgrade and I've talked to two sales reps so far and their recommendations vary wildly. From a pentium box to a full rack unit.
It's not supposed to do much besides hosting all the files we need but we need a decent speeds, a usual file is about .5 - 2 gigabites and the synology 4TB NAS is almost full and way overstressed. There's at least 5 workstations that depend on it and most of the time people are also using their laptops simultaneously.
The lease came with a small sever room and a huge rack included where currently only our main switch is, soon there should be a rackmount render station too. 10G LAN is a must at least for the heavy hitting workstations.
Any ideas? I won't actually do most of this myself so no bulli pls.

*OS eats half your hard drive space*
Nothing personnel, kid.

That would seem to be the correct order. If you're going to get a console, it should be a Nintendo console, since every good game on the PS4 and Xbox One will also be on the PC. That is to say, you do not need anything other than a PC and the latest Nintendo console. Between the PS4 and Xbox One, the better of the two is clearly the one that's not spying on you (as much).

Why do people buy non modular psus?

One of the system fan plugins is right in the middle of my Mobo so I don't want to use it. I plugged a case fan into pump_fan1 but I can't figure out how to get it to work. Right now it is not on at all. Any ideas? I tried turning the smart fan mode off and on but still always at 0rpm

Attached: IMG_20190130_145633.jpg (4608x2112, 2.52M)

>The SSD was going for cheap
Doesn't matter.

I'd tell you to change case instead because the 560 is garbage but good luck finding a fitting motherboard, even used.

t. 6600K user.

I'm gonna be running Gentoo GNU/Linux on it tho.

Pickup whatever Platinum PSU for 1000W you can find that fits into the case.

because cheaper and some people dont care about cable management

Doesn't make much sense. That's some really weak hardware you're planning to use. If you really want to go small, get a 2400G and if you only want to go small but still want a decent punch I'd do something like this:
pcpartpicker.com/list/xjF4V6

I want to buy my first SSD, where I'll put W10, FIrefox, Music apps and DAW, and some games. Is the Kingston A1000 M.2 2280 240GB PCIe NVMe alright? It's on sale where I live. I fear for the capacity, but I guess I can always buy another one in the future.

pcpartpicker.com/user/Juelz96/saved/cJvMZL
Thoughts on this build?

Why not go SATA but with bigger capacity?

reposting from last thread:
I'm currently using a 120gb Kigston A400 as a boot drive, and it's doing its job well, but it's already at 97% drive remaining life after only 11 months or so of usage.
Should I replace it? Would some standard SATA SSD's like a 250GB Crucial MX500 or a Sandisk Ultra be a worthwhile 50€ upgrade?
Should I even consider NVME drives?

Attached: Untitled-2-small.jpg (615x404, 57K)

fixed

Attached: consoles.jpg (714x587, 67K)

yes, but 240 is just so-so. There will be some compromise

Lmao, subtle

vsync?

Just got my first baby boy
>AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz Cooler Wraith Spire
>Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5
>Biostar A320MH DDR4 AMD AM4
>DDR4 RAM 8GB 2400Mhz

Motherboard and RAM are really budget, but I'm really glad with my purchase as of now given how much I could afford. I'll be investing further on a SSD and porbably more coolers in the future.

As it stands, I'm downloading Monster Hunter World, after 10 years of not getting a new computer. What else do you guys thing I should get?

3% drop after 11 months is not bad.

>Pickup whatever Platinum PSU for 1000W you can find that fits into the case.

Was literally going to say that.

I'm that meme:ing faggot from last thread btw.

You would be better suited with an AMD 2600x and 3200mhz ram with a 2060.

>hdd1: 55°C
>hdd2: 51°C
Fuck. Should've known that getting a case w/o any airflow over HDDs is a bad idea. Looks like I'll have to get a a nas/new case with airflow/HDD enclosure into 5.25" with it's own cooling.

What's the go-to midrange GPU for games these days? Still 1060?

Well nevermind. One of the fans was just broken on arrival

Yes, I agree, but 120gb is a bit small. I'd like to go bigger. What are some better SSD alternatives?

Wait a few weeks to see how 1660/Ti perform. Could be the new $250 king.

Can that handle gaming (rainbow six) and streaming?

m.2

I have 240 A400, holds on good on laptop, but is getting full.

SO NOW THAT WE KNOW THE RADEON 7 IS DOGSHIT COMPARED TO THE 2080 WHILE BEING JUST AS EXPENSIVE, CAN I FINALLY PULL THE TRIGGER AND ORDER MY 2080 OR ARE YOU FAG/G/OTS GOING TO LAUGH AT ME IF I DON'T WAIT FOR MORE BENCHMARKS?!

Attached: b3c3427fa34966cfd34ca470dae1befd.png (1200x900, 753K)

lmao

Get the 2080ti, after all that waiting you should have the money saved up.

A 2080 is going to last me like 4-5 years, a 2080Ti, while being around 1300EUROS, isn't going to double that.

So I can find plenty of 1000w platinum PSUs

I'm trying to find one in white though.

This is the highest Watt PSU in white I could find that isnt a sketchy brand name

amazon.com/dp/B073GWFBQ3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_9mIuCb524WJNV

Can I run 850w PSU if the build is rated at 420w if I plan on OC just the CPU to the low 4.0s?

Welcome back m8

You should have got 3000+ memory and b450 mobo

Hello /pcbg/, Vega 56 is currently on sale and also comes with 3 sweet full priced games.

Will this card last a few years at 1440p 144hz? Im debating between this and RTX 2060 for my next build. Thank you.

Attached: 1544995098379.gif (275x319, 1.79M)

Seconding this question:
Is a Vega 56 a worthwhile upgrade from a GTX 1070 or should I wait for Vega 2 later this year?
I'd get a 1080 ti/RTX 2070 but I can't justify paying over 500€ for a GPU. I got my 1070 for around 400€ and I'm very happy with it.

Attached: 1070ftw.jpg (500x500, 52K)

>Can I run 850w PSU if the build is rated at 420w if I plan on OC just the CPU to the low 4.0s?
I suppose you meant 5.0. Pick up that 1000W PSU. Don't skip on the PSU.

Budget: 2000euros

Parts (wish)list: i5/i7?, 32-64gb RAM, 256gb SSD, 1gb HDD, modern graphics card, all the applicable fans and coolers and shit

Uses: Gaming, Adobe (Photoshop and After Effects)

I literally just want a part list that I can go to the store with and have everything work with each other properly without having to fiddle with it too much, I don't have the will to research which motherboard goes with which processor and which processor goes with which cooler and what exact kind of memory goes into it etc, I built every single PC I had so far and I always get extremely autistic about it to the point of endless frustration.

I basically just want a "mid-high end modern computer for After Effects (hence the 32-64GB RAM) that I can also play games on and that won't have stupid issues. For example I remember that earlier you couldn't get graphics card acceleration in Adobe with ATI cards, or something like that. Or "oh shit this Taiwanese motherboard has issues with this Vietnamese RAM and you'll only find this out when your computer gets random bluescreens and you search obscure Russian forums where people noticed it but no one has a solution for it"...

Depends how desperate you are. Despite what the shills say, navi IS coming this year and it's the main event, unlike the cut down MI64 stopgap. Can't hurt much to wait and see how it does.

>Is a Vega 56 a worthwhile upgrade from a GTX 1070
Nope, it's barely more powerful. Same for the 2060 BTW: it's not an upgrade.
>Will this card last a few years at 1440p 144hz?
It's a 1440p/60FPS card. Unless you want to significantly lower graphic settings and/or only play competitive games with low graphical demands, no it won't.

There are a few setups in the OP, start there. Pick an Intel based platform because Adobe loves Intel.

if you drop settings yeah it's a good value.
you answered your own question.

*MI60
Stupid muscle memory.

Hey, just wanted to get some thoughts if the build I have is good or could use some fine-tuning.

Trying to make a build that can play as many AAA games out now (I wanna be able to play Monster Hunter World with my friends and play Dishonored 2 since my current rig can't play it), as well as being able to run things like Yuzu (the Switch Emulator), RPCS3 (PS3 Emu), & CEMU (Wii U Emu). Also being able to do a lot of stuff at once without slowing down my computer would be nice.

I have the Ryzen 1700x on here because it has 8 cores, but if the Ryzen 3000 series is decently priced, I don't mind switching over to them instead. I'm gonna be putting $$$ aside to make this, so it'll take me a while anyways.

Any thoughts, suggestions, things I should swap out for another? Feel free to tell me better hardware than the stuff I have in here, I'd rather have durable hardware if I could.

Attached: Newegg Wishlist.png (2479x1232, 519K)

Yes. CRT and OLED have better blacks. VA's black is darker but due to black crash dark shades are indistinguishable so I wouldn't call it better.

>due to black crash dark shades are indistinguishable
lol what utter garbage. My VA panel has zero black crush (all shades including 1 visible on lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php)

But if their sub-par 7nm card barely beats a 1080 and it already costs 700 bucks(my hard limit for a GPU) their "real" killer card isn't going to be anywhere near that price, if it's actually as powerful as people are speculating. If they got the power to beat a 2080Ti it's not going to be below 1000, and that's me being optimistic.

Radeon doesn't have this problem

>so it'll take me a while anyways.
so ask again when you want to buy. Hardware ages like fish and prices are subject to heavy fluctuation, no one can tell you what to buy in half a year

But generally just go for normal HDDs and an SSD, that PSU is oversized by 300W and if you'd buy now get a 2700X instead of the 1700X. That's also an external CD/DVD drive/burner, not sure if you noticed that

>Pick an Intel based platform because Adobe loves Intel.
Does the card still have to be NVIDIA?

I currently have an AMD card and for some reason it doesn't let me use the goddamn oil paint filter in PS, I looked it up and it's some really obscure issue where it might be supported with ...not openGL but opensomethingelse... it's all such a goddamn chore nowadays, I remember when building computers was really fun.

Also, I'm getting "An unknown error occurred." on the OP site, wouldn't have posted otherwise, I can see the menu on the left but it doesn't load the entire build.

The good builds seem to have forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2018/10/30/nvidia-rtx-2080-ti-cards-have-a-serious-problem-they-keep-dying/ as the graphics card so... fuck my life lol.

>CEMU
It loves Intel+NVidia sadly.

Honestly, buy a 1TB SATA SSD instead of a 2TB Black+500GB SSD. It's not worth it, you could get a 1TB SATA SSD and a 4TB 5200RPM HDD for storage for roughly the same price. You're spending an inefficient amount of money on storage 2bh, you're not saving much on the CPU side and a 1700X is kinda pointless if you just want 60FPS.

It's kind of a mess of a build, really. What kind of monitor do you have? Resolution and refresh rate.

Every VA display has black crush, you are in denial

Easy at 1080p

>Does the card still have to be NVIDIA?
I don't think so.

>2080Ti failure
GamersNexus experimented on it. Apparently it's a weird issue with early units, and the RMA rate isn't any higher than other cards. I'm not sure there's a point spending that much on the GPU for Photoshop, but I'm no expert. Also, what kind of monitor are you going to be using? Refresh rate and definition.

Fuck it

You are right

If I have a hard on for the aesthetics I'll just take the case off the PSU and paint it myself

Or just buy a case that has a shroud and you won't see it anyway.

Yeah ok lil timmy whatever you say

Neither the Vega nor the RTX 2060 is capable of 144hz 1440p on recent games. You'd have to go back at least some 4 to 5 years. The only 1440p 144hz GPU on the market is the 2080ti. Unles you're a sick fuck that buys a expensive GPU to play on the lowest settings.

From what I've gathered, SSHDs are kinda shit. Just get a normal HDD
They're expensive because HBM is expensive. Navi cards will use the cheaper GDDR6 and will be priced differently than vega cards.

You don't need a 1kW PSU, you're getting trolled. Those PSUs are for miners who run 6 GPUs in a single system. Can't open your link but there is no way you picked something that would require more than 600W power.

No yeah, I know. I'd wanna have one those just in case I have to use DVDs and whatnot. I find it to be a better alternative than what I got for my current build, but its extra, so its something I'll buy after everything is said and done.

Well, the reason I have the SSD & HDDs are there like that is because the SSD is used for my OS, the HDD used for storage and the Firecuda used for games since its a hybrid. But like I said, I don't mind making changes to maximize my gain. And this is my monitor, which has been doing me nicely.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAE2J5X26476&Description=asus vp228h&cm_re=asus_vp228h-_-24-236-678-_-Product

Are they really? In that case, I don't mind getting another SSD for my games.

Nah, he's just picked up 3K worth of components including the power hungry 9900K and 2080Ti and wants to OC. I wouldn't go with 600W (although there's little wrong with that), but 750-850W would be a better compromise. Then he has the cash to spend, so why not spend it anyway?

>Well, the reason I have the SSD & HDDs are there like that is because the SSD is used for my OS
>Are they really? In that case, I don't mind getting another SSD for my games
Just buy a bigger SSD and have both your OS and games on it. Spend the rest on storage if you really need it.

>1080p60Hz monitor
>That build
user pls, it makes no sense unless you plan to change your monitor.

>Navi cards will use the cheaper GDDR6 and will be priced differently than vega cards.
But, if it is so much more powerful, why would it be cheaper than their weaker card(Radeon 7)? Or why would it be anywhere near 700? You think they are going to cannibalize their own product?

Here's the plaintext version. Idk what to believe to be honest. I just dont want to have a single point of failure.

PCPartPicker part list: pcpartpicker.com/list/Nf66bX

Price breakdown by merchant: pcpartpicker.com/list/Nf66bX/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($529.99 @ Amazon)

CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($169.99 @ Amazon)

Thermal Compound: ARCTIC - MX4 4 g Thermal Paste ($0.00)

Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($181.52 @ OutletPC)

Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z Royal 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($184.99 @ Newegg Business)

Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($247.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($0.00)

Video Card: Asus - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB ROG Strix Gaming Advanced Video Card ($1379.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Thermaltake - Core P3 Snow Edition ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.98 @ Newegg Business)

Power Supply: Corsair - 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($229.77 @ OutletPC)

Case Fan: Corsair - HD120 RGB 3-Pack w/Controller 54.4 CFM 120mm Fans ($74.99 @ Amazon)

Other: GPU Riser ($30.00)

Other: PSU Cables(white) ($38.00)

Other: PSU 24 pin(white ($30.00)

Total: $3217.21

afaik if you want advantage of ssd and hdd at the same time, you pretty much have to use some caching software like bcache or storemi.

My PC is always dusty no matter my fan config.
What dust filter to buy and how to set it up?

>Just buy a bigger SSD and have both your OS and games on it. Spend the rest on storage if you really need it.
Is that really viable to do? I'm kind of a clean freak, so I like to keep my OS separate from anything so it's easier to manage.

>user pls, it makes no sense unless you plan to change your monitor.
Is that bad? It's been great for me. What would you recommend as a suitable replacement then?

>Having more money than brains - the post

>b450 mobo
Many people recommended me this. I found this one ready for shipping, on a huge discount and with 6 times less shipping fee because of the single shipping instead of one for every part that I wanted.
I have yet to discover what makes such a difference from mine to a more robust mobo. If you could be so kind as to explain, I might move around my priorities list.

Usually positive pressure, when means more intake fans than exhaust.

>Is that really viable to do?
That's what Windows does by default. Sure, you can have billions of storage options, but you don't have to. It's simpler and no harder to manage: folders exist for a reason after all, you don't HAVE to have OS separate from games. Usually you'd do that because SSDs used to be so expensive, but it's no longer the case with 1TB options getting closer and closer to $100.

>Is that bad?
It's not that it's bad, it's that your build is more powerful than what your GPU can display. You could power your monitor for less money, or get a higher definition monitor instead. A RTX 2080 is way overkill for 60FPS and a 1700X is completely pointless unless you have multi-threaded workloads to do. That's why I ask if you plan to get a better monitor.

>You think they are going to cannibalize their own product?
V2 is not really a money making product, it's a stopgap released in low volume (last I heard, there are only going to be 5k of them at launch and it's unknown whether they'll make any more) of which they won't be able to sell any significant amount if they have any significant margin on them. If they can replace it with something that's more powerful and cheaper to make, they have every reason to do it.

My two RX 580 fans are not spinning. What do?
This is my first boot

Attached: download.jpg (192x263, 8K)

If it has a 0RPM mode where they won't spin unless put under load, that's normal.

Most GPUs only spin on POST and once they're in Windows they usually spin when under load

Gonna wait for one of the games to finish downloading and test it out then. I was thinking that was it, but its already fucking over 40ºC inside this bitch

>implying that I dont deserve a good build because I dont have the luxury of lurking due to work

The only reason I have money is due to the fact that I was on a 10 month deployment at sea with around 12 days on land, before that it was 4 weeks at sea and 4 days back in port, and rinse and repeat for a year.

Chill dude. This is dirty money.

Heh, that's not much at idle with no fan spin. My 1060 is at 45C at idle with zero fan spin.

>Can I finally order my 2080?

Probably. AMD ain't releasing anything stronger than Pooga7 this year and Nvidia won't refresh to 7nm until its mature, 2020 or later.

For what its worth after some overclocking and improving case airflow my 2080 is crushing games even in 4k.

Do you guys really believe Navi will be released in June and July? Will it really be affordable? Like in the $300 range. I'm fine with up to $400 too.

I mean, I can wait since I'm using a toaster gpu that can't even do dx11, but the ces announcement was a disappointment and amd keeps dropping the ball lately on their gpus.

So they are going to do what? Sell their 5000 7s for 700 bucks in 6 months, release their new flagship at a lower msrp? Their customers would eat them alive. Not going to happen. Their flagship is, at best, going to beat a 2080 by single digit percentages at around 1000 MSRP.