How would Jow Forums change this listing?

How would Jow Forums change this listing?

Attached: 8A097365-73E1-43E0-9C54-DAB0FF04D368.jpg (1274x2802, 1.87M)

Where's Edge?

All to shit tier and surf in high tier and w3m in top tier

everything on this image is shit tier, it's just a matter of what order
the ideal browser would be a proper fork of firefox that isn't managed by retards, doesn't fuck over addons, and usurps actual firefox's userbase so it can go off in its own direction while mozilla burns like the shitty company it is
but that won't happen
also i don't give a fuck about privacy, i have a smartphone, my privacy is already permanently compromised and my browser is not the weak link

>vivaldi on low
>chromium is on top
Is this another of those ironic fake tier lists you're supposed to use outside of Jow Forums to troll people with?

firefox+ghacks at top tiper and everything else at shit tier

>complaining about botnet
>not just blocking your browser in firewall

Attached: 0BC2BDD4-5E46-4E80-8A66-6919F148E2EE.jpg (542x537, 87K)

In the trash where it belongs

Anyone with post 110 IQ wouldn't change it a bit.
The reasoning is extremely clear in the articles.

Attached: 1548894619867.png (1274x1188, 929K)

Attached: 1548894619867.jpg (1379x4344, 1.43M)

i like this one better

this is the only real tier list
all browsers suck, it's just firefox that sucks the least
(it's still garbage though)

this image doesn't take bloat into account

all top/high tier browsers can be eliminated due to bloat except Otter, Qute and Falkon

Pale Moon got marked down for stupid reasons, should be higher

Midori should be on the list

Is Icecat any lighter/faster than FF?

Attached: oh lawd.jpg (534x539, 64K)

the only thing i care about in a browser is
>no botnet
>moderate plugin support
>doesnt look like shit
recommendations?

Next versions of Chromium are gonna remove the ability to have adblockers.

nuh uh

can we have one of these for search engines? i like this diagram

It's Ungoogled Chromium, you nigger

The only good browser is reading the http data in a text editor and doing the html, css, and js in your head instead of using an actual web browser

The thinking man has spoken.

Almost every browser there is Chromium based including Edge, then there's Firefox. And that's it.

it's all fucking bloatware, all of this shit is built on mozilla and google browsers

Give me actual reasons against the use of IceCat/ungoogled chromium. No one on Jow Forums has been able to fin arguments other than subjective and useless preferences or meme complaints

they're for faggots

>ungoogled chromium
hobby project made by some random college student.

>IceCat
apart from lagging behind on updates, there is no reason not to use this.

yikes

Attached: silk.webm (900x506, 2.95M)

what the fuck man. Why are they doing that to the spider?

Attached: 1509318309287.gif (800x450, 531K)

reading ice cat page
>While the Firefox source code from the Mozilla project is free software, they distribute and recommend non-free software as plug-ins and addons.
whats wrong with that?

there's nothing *functionally* wrong with it, but this is the same issue the FSF has with debian. Debian by default ships only with free software and the default repositories only contain free software as well, but simple because they offer you the option of enabling nonfree repositories the FSF doesn't want to endorse the distro.

In their eyes, even having the option to use nonfree software is "harmful." I personally disagree with that point of view, but you're free to make your own judgement.

Is this a bad end from Corruption of Champions?

why tf is ice cat almost 400mb?
thanks for the reply

how_to_rape_a_spider.webm

is it weird i think this is cute and maybe somewhat arousing?

Vivaldi has the google spyware removed (and if something is included you can just tell them and it's typically gone next update) and the source for everything but the UI is on their website. The GUI is javascript so not like you can't just look at the files yourself. This reeks of poorly researched more than it does of actual privacy concerns.

As a web developer, let me just tell you that you're retarded if you think Chrome or even just Chromium as a browser respects your privacy more than Firefox.

Sage, install gentoo, etc

>as a web developer
Software “engineers” are just programmers that couldn’t cut it as actual engineers.
Web developers are just codemonkeys that couldn’t cut it as actual programmers.
What is it like being at the bottom of the totem pole for a meme profession?

I just switched to Brave today? Can somebody explain the benefits of switching to Chromium (ungoogled) over Brave, considering Brave uses Chromium as a base

>I just switched to Brave today

Attached: 1532572742873.png (680x523, 485K)

What would you suggest then?

firefox. There isn't really any reason to use brave, especially since chromium is killing off ad/script blockeres.

>This reeks of poorly researched
That's the current state of Jow Forums since 2012 or so. It's only gotten much worse in an exponential manner as time goes on.

top:
palemoon, seamonkey, qutebrowser
high:
internet exploder (battery life, acceleration, memory, adblock, and a wholly original rendering engine [not gecko, quantum, webkit or blink])
netsurf [full css, partial js, and original engine]
icecat (slow, extensions)
ungoogled (its still chrom* + delayed development)
low:
waterfox, brave (developer trust issues, chrom* botnet, cryptocurrency fraud)

>brave (developer trust issues, chrom* botnet, cryptocurrency fraud)
Oh, another genius who thinks that an open source browser can be based off of a proprietary one. We're off to a good start. What botnet? Brave will include all Ungoogled-chromium patches soon on top of the project being completely open source.
And about the "crypto currency fraud" - pic related.
After he contacted their developers, they changed the behavior of their services even though it was his fault. What most likely happened is that he enabled BAT without much thought and forgot to claim his currency within 90 days, which was all known practice described in manuals. They even changed that, so what trust issue are you talking about?

Attached: 304_1.png (1080x359, 48K)

how the fuck do i compile icecat its been 4 hours please help

Add uzbl and surf

Do you consider having proper add-on support bloat?

i use waterfox bcs my pc is 10yo :

It hurts how true this is.

Bloated as in large code base or bloated as in high resource usage? Because Falkon is far from being a lightweight browser.

Both are forks that ultimately depend on the big companies who develop their web engines. Sure, they are valid or even better than the original, but they can't survive without them either.

Big browsers take a lot of time. Last time I compiled FF on a Pention T4400 it took about 5.5 hours and that was a heavily stripped down build.
Since it's based on FF I guess some of the compile options are the same. Did you disable tests?

>top tier anything with ganoo in the name
nice list spergolino retardino i hope you die in a car accident when buying your first thinkpad

Attached: 1523263064705.gif (744x1141, 134K)

>2019 update
>Qupzilla instead of Falkon

Brave's adblocker is natively implemented c++ code, Google couldn't block that even if they wanted to, or at least not in the way they currently are trying to block adblockers, besides Brave Is big enough to fork Chromium and remove the bits they don't like

Do some research before you act like a sperg on Jow Forums

Attached: SuitMiddleFinger.jpg (225x225, 9K)

>sphere browser

>download waterfox
>scan the .exe on virus total
>1/46

what did they mean by this

>Not using Linux

>the ideal browser would be a proper fork of firefox that isn't managed by retards, doesn't fuck over addons, and usurps actual firefox's userbase so it can go off in its own direction while mozilla burns like the shitty company it is

>what is seamonkey

And the Ungoogled patchset is gonna prevent it.

>people still think ungoogled-chromium is the same as regular chromium

>Faggots still think ungoogled-chromium is good

Attached: 1528565635434.gif (500x281, 1.4M)

>sorosfox
>proprietary browsers with daily shilling threads
>GANOO
>using Keko
name one alternative

Falkon, Surf, qutebrowser, otter, w3m, elinks, cure for autism

>Falkon, qutebrowser, Otter
Their only redeeming quality is using qtwebengine, so at least they have a good rendering engine, other than that they're shit.
>surf
sucks and does less
>w3m, elinks
dead
>cure for autism
Only required if you unironically think any of the browsers you listed are usable.

What browser does the prophet use?

Attached: Portrait_-_Denmark_DTU_2007-3-31.jpg (1683x1725, 1.36M)

Nice trips
Kys posting this image lmao
YEa
You're describing pale moon or comodo ice dragon
Also based smartphone user

Anyway just put Falkon on top with icecat
Or this, unironically.
But I still have waterfox installed for DownThemAll!
Great edit but you're missing Lynx
>Midori should be on the list
I have it installed but don't tell anyone here about it :^)
sekrit club
Nothing fits the criteria. Maybe pale moon depending on your definition of looks like shit.
That would be fun.
Absolutely based.
This is correct but it's also not a reason to not use them. "Oh, eventually mozilla will kill FF so don't bother using any forks" "Oh, google is bad so dont use any forks"
>Big browsers take a lot of time. Last time I compiled FF on a Pention T4400 it took about 5.5 hours and that was a heavily stripped down build.
lmfao what the fuck
based pale meme poster
i have fx nightly installed just to use the icon
if he uses any it's GNU/foot/icecat

anyway surprisingly NO mention of Opera 12.18 here, the last good version not on webkit renderer.

>opinions
>zero actual facts to backup any claim
Yep, typical Jow Forums

Brave is the best, it blocks all tracking and ads by default and you can support your favourite creators

Tbh yeah, despite what shills here will tell you Brave is by far the best web browser

>Big browsers take a lot of time. Last time I compiled FF on a Pention T4400 it took about 5.5 hours and that was a heavily stripped down build.
>lmfao what the fuck
To be fair it's a pretty shitty CPU and it was more of an experiment to see how long it would take. The same build takes about 7 minutes to compile on a Ryzen 7 2700x.

Is it actually safe to use, though? The last release was back in July. I don't even want to know how many critical Firefox exploits have been patched since then.

I want to fug Vanilla

I use the ungogled version and update it like every half a year so don t really care.

yes