Manual:
mpv.io/manual/

User scripts and shaders:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

Evaluating mpv's upscaling algorithms:
artoriuz.github.io/mpv_upscaling.html

Post your CONF file:
pastebin.com/VFdVhcWz

Attached: 1456170466754.png (586x314, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mpv.io/manual/master/#options-secondary-sid
pastebin.com/raw/8ScBi4JD
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/6415
mpv.io/manual/master/#options-autofit
khronos.org/registry/vulkan/specs/1.1-extensions/html/vkspec.html#VUID-vkCreateDevice-ppEnabledExtensionNames-01387)
pastebin.com/XFSYjaek
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>conf file references C:
sage

dead player

fpbp

should just puttin "no-input-default-bindings" on mpv.conf work. cause i don't think it is

I just tried it and it works fine. For reference, do other lines work?

I use mpc-hc

What happened to these threads? They used to be so lively.

Nothing happens anymore since development has moved as slow as molasses since wm4 had his autistic meltdown. Haasn does have a pretty cool HDR-related PR up though, so hopefully that'll get merged soon.

Shut the fuck up, Isaac.

so here's the thing: i've switched from windows to mac. my input.conf had a bunch of ctrl+ lines that i've changed to meta+. it all seems to work fine, except a line that switches subtitle/osd font style, with meta+1. when i use it, it does work, but i also get a popup saying "window-scale: 1.00", making me think meta+1 is mapped to that. but i still get the message if i put in no-input-default-bindings on mpv.conf
Meta+1 no-osd cycle_values sub-font "Helvetica" "Helvetica" ; no-osd cycle_values sub-border-size "2" "0" ; no-osd cycle_values sub-color "#dadada" "#dadada" ; no-osd cycle_values sub-shadow-color "0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0" "0.0/0.0/0.0/1" ; no-osd cycle_values sub-shadow-offset "0" "3" ; no-osd cycle_values osd-font "Helvetica" "Helvetica" ; no-osd cycle_values osd-color "#dadada" "#dadada" ; no-osd cycle_values osd-shadow-color "0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0" "0.0/0.0/0.0/1" ; no-osd cycle_values osd-border-size "2" "0" ; no-osd cycle_values osd-shadow-offset "0" "3" ; no-osd cycle_values sub-ass-style-override "force" "force"

But the actual line works as intended, meaning the default bindings stop working? I can't tell you much about mac because I've never used it, but it sounds like a OS wide keybinding. What happens if you remove the line in input.conf you've posted?

i have to admit; mpv is a better movie player than mpc-hc, at least if you don't watch cartoons.

you don't have to be a level 4 arch-mage to set this shit up. just somewhat inclined to fiddle around a bit.

when everything is configured, file-associations set and auto-updating solved, it's a comfy-as-fuck player.

What're some user scripts you'd consider essential? I like the YouTube quality script.

>but i also get a popup saying "window-scale: 1.00"
the default bind for that is alt+1

user tell me how to pipe out subtitles from streaming youtube vids without running a separate thing to ytdl the last link

is saving every srt like with a watchlist too much to ask?

I like vlc. Just werks.

Can you further elaborate? You're want subs on every file on a playlist, right?
I like Sharo and I want to protect her.

Attached: 1386659949080.jpg (1365x768, 169K)

what's xdg-shell and why does it prevent mpv playing in weston etc

mpv = mvp

Attached: 1378704610251.png (730x1011, 148K)

Whats the keybind for stop? By stop i mean jump to beginning and pause

what player can I use to display english and japanese subtitles at the same time?

>mpv2 video.file --audio-file=audio.file
Is there a script that extends the gui into changing audio tracks?

I miss all the fights wm4 and haasn had. It's just not the same anymore

are properties only accessible from the input.conf keybinds?

>you wish

^ this guy knows how to play

how can I maintain a huge rewind cache for network/live streams?
I have 24GB of RAM so it's no sweat, but all the --cache and --cache-backbuffer in the world isn't helping, for a 720p stream at least it's capping around 3 minutes.

Also I'm using smplayer and passing them in as extra args if it matters.

Why do all the GUIs for mpv aside for SMPlayer still suck?

nvm got it from a reddit post. now to relive the glorious days of 5, 10, 3600 minutes ago.

p set pause yes; seek 0 absolute[/code[

mpv.io/manual/master/#options-secondary-sid

The default OSD lets you change audio tracks; you can also do it with a hotkey. The only things I think you can do in the default overlay are editions (but there's a default hotkey and very few users use editions anyway) and secondary subtitles.

all you need is
hwdec=auto
profile=gpu-hq
anything else is 100% placebo

Need auto-profiles.lua help

profile-desc=cond:p["playlist-count"]>0 and p["video-format"]~="vp8"
resolves as true for both vp8 and non-vp8 playlists

while

profile-desc=cond:p["playlist-count"]>0 and not p["video-format"]=="vp8"

resolves as false for vp8 and non-vp8 playlists

is this just a limitation of auto-profiles.lua or am I doing something wrong?

t. eyelet

t. niglet

>since wm4 had his autistic meltdown
What happened?

Also, I found a way to set screenshot save location (put in input.conf): TAB cycle-values screenshot-directory "/tmp"
This is far better than navigating though a GUI menu and proves mpv doesn't need a GUI after all

All you need is
osc=no

[vp8]
profile-desc=cond:p["video-format"]=="vp8"
pause

[nonvp8]
profile-desc=cond:p["playlist-count"]>0 and p["video-format"]~="vp8"
pause=no

>pause=no
thanks, this did the trick, although I still don't understand why vp8 files still meet the condition despite ~="vp8"

because it checks the auto-profile before the video has loaded or some shiet

Aite, ty senpai
Didn't know pause=no was a valid option, I had even ctrl+f'd shit like "unpause". They should put that shit in the manual 2bh

>Every flag option has a no-flag counterpart, e.g. the opposite of the --fs option is --no-fs. --fs=yes is same as --fs, --fs=no is the same as --no-fs.

What makes it better than VLC? I d/l it and I don't see the appeal

Attached: 1496831148372.png (408x400, 143K)

kek
I apologise

>uses less resources
>highly customizable
>smoother playback
these are the main reasons for me

Another thign you can do is to use a default value:

[nonvp8]
profile-desc=cond:p["playlist-count"]>0 and get("video-format", "vp8")~="vp8"

so if video-format is nil it doesn't evaluate.

Dead development
Dead threads

are those shader configs for haxor gpu's?
my laptop is 8 years old.
here's my config:
pastebin.com/raw/8ScBi4JD

I barely remember. I think wm4 got into some arguments with ffmpeg developers which was the straw that broke the camel's back and he quit.

he's still very active on his own personal fork but there's not enough people working on mpv to review all his code to merge it into regular mpv.

>Haasn does have a pretty cool HDR-related PR up
link?

AFAIR he stepped down from maintaining as he got fed up of dealing with {users,ffmpeg,..}. Then he moved to submitting PRs, but since nobody has the time or skills to review the sheer amount that he writes, that didn't work out and he just stopped contributing altogether, in favor of working on his own fork.

>696097199
Oh it seems he randomly made a bunch of commits earlier this month. Interesting.

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/6415

Top was meant for

Mind enlightening us as to how you did it?

wm4's pull requests were pretty shit desu. He changed a bunch of unrelated stuff all at once which makes it impractical for anyone to review.

So should we be using his fork over the dying main project?

I mean, at the rate at which he makes changes, one PR per feature would be a ridiculous amount of overhead. The only reasonable approach is really to commit straight to master. It's a self-inflicted situation for sure.
I wouldn't say the main project is dying. You can try wm4's fork but you'll get 0 support for it, and he won't hesitate breaking shit left and right.

It wouldn't really bother me if stuff frequently got broken in master if it meant more of his code got merged. If you're building from the latest git version I would kind of expect things to break now and again. If people want stability they can stick to the older builds. I just want him to come back ;_;

>one PR per feature would be a ridiculous amount of overhead
How so? Take a look at vim's versioning system. Every commit is a new tag. Works great.
>If you're building from the latest git version I would kind of expect things to break now and again
Wrong. Especially a project like mpv which doesn't do versioning, only symbolic versioning so distro maintainers can remain happy.

>How so? Take a look at vim's versioning system. Every commit is a new tag. Works great.
What? A git tag is not a pull request ahd has nowhere near the same amount of overhead. Also he still commits straight to master, so the situation is pretty like when wm4 committed straight up.
I actually don't know wtf is the point of tagging every commit since they're already hashed, but it doesn't surprise me that vim's development is idiotic.

I say even hwdec=auto is placebo.

Attached: IMG_20140512_102732_0.jpg (1200x1600, 389K)

>What?
My point is vim makes an effort to make incremental changes and tags them each. It's not a huge amount of "overhead", and it makes everything easier. There's no excuse pushing huge, convoluted PRs which are impossible to make sense of and review.
>vim's development is idiotic
Easy to review, easy to revert, easy to cherry pick for backporting, etc. Master is always the latest tag and vice versa, and you can use git-describe easily instead of it outputting a random hash.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-31_12-43-04.png (1012x798, 121K)

You're describing commits. A PR is not just a single commit.
wm4's commits are nicely isolated. His PRs are not because that would be too much overhead.

There should be 1 commit/PR. This is why you squash commits. Otherwise you can pollute history. But if commits are unrelated, you can't squash.

I pm'd you the solution.

Why is encoding mode so shit?

Why is jeeb so shit?

mpv just has to open music in the album art dimensions every time without fail huh

mpv.io/manual/master/#options-autofit

Attached: my nigga.jpg (623x343, 90K)

So I'm pretty happy with vlc on Windows, does it make sense for me to switch to mpv? (I'm not interested in plugins or editing configs.)

its not since the gpu would not be used otherwise

If you want more performance and responsiveness, mpv what you want.
The gpu is still used, just not for decoding. Some hardware decoders degrade picture quality, so auto is only recommended for those who don't know what they're doing.

I haven't been paying attention, wm4 quit mpv and started his own personal fork which gets merged back into the original mpv? WHERE HAVE I SEEN THIS BEFORE

Why are FOSS video devs such drama queens

The people who can make good ones don't have a need/want for one. It's good without one.

Was testing out
gpu-api=vulkan

But when I play a video the colours are off. Is there something that I am missing?

Drivers, outdated mpv and hardware decoder come to mind. What's gpu and OS are you using?

Linux, rocking the RX 560.
I'm fairly certain I installed my drivers properly as I can play some games on it without any hiccups, so that shouldn't be an issue

I have literally the exact same card and it works fine for me. What version of mpv are you on?

mpv --version

says it's 0.29.1

Play them in vulkan? PPSSPP can do vulkan if you want a quick way to test. Do you have the vulkan drivers installed (it's a separate package), and I assume you're using the amdgpu drivers? What distro are you using?

Maybe try building it from git although that version should certainly be new enough for it to not be a problem.

Just installed vulkan drivers because I was unaware of it, but the off colours still persist.
I am using the amdgpu drivers. The distro is Arch

I'm Artix (the no-systemd fork) with amdgpu and vulkan-radeon and I've got no color issues. Are you sure you don't have some kind of shader enabled that was written for opengl and not vulkan? Do tests with the --no-config parameter and add gpu-api=vulkan afterwards to make sure it's not something in your config.

Does it happen with any video file? What's your config? Try an empty profile with just the vulkan lines and hwdec=no. Like the other fellow mentioned, you can also try building it. The AUR has ffmpeg and mpv for amd setups; I can recommend.

Bingo!

It was something in my config that was screwing with the colours.
gpu-debug

Was the setting that was screwing with me, although, I'm not sure why. Any idea?

Why would you need that line? I suggest checking out every line in the manual right now if you copied someone's config.

Hmm well now I can reproduce your issue. It was probably this (omitted some parts because of the character limit).

[vo/gpu/vulkan] vk [Validation] 0: [ VUID-vkCreateDevice-ppEnabledExtensionNames-01387 ] Object: 0x7f0348238260 (Type = 1) | Missing extension required by the device extension VK_KHR_external_memory: VK_KHR_external_memory_capabilities. The Vulkan spec states: All required extensions for each extension in the VkDeviceCreateInfo::ppEnabledExtensionNames list must also be present in that list. (khronos.org/registry/vulkan/specs/1.1-extensions/html/vkspec.html#VUID-vkCreateDevice-ppEnabledExtensionNames-01387) (obj 0x7f0348238260 (VkInstance), loc 0x0)
[vo/gpu/vulkan] vk [Loader Message] 0: vkCreateDevice: Failed to create device chain. (obj 0x7f0348238260 (VkInstance), loc 0x0)
[vo/gpu/vulkan] vkCreateDevice(vk->physd, &dinfo, MPVK_ALLOCATOR, &vk->dev): Unknown error!
[vo/gpu/vulkan] Failed creating logical device!
[vo/gpu/vulkan] vk [Validation] 0: [ VUID-vkCreateDevice-ppEnabledExtensionNames-01387 ] Object: 0x7f03485b0420 (Type = 1) | Missing extension required by the device extension VK_KHR_external_memory: VK_KHR_external_memory_capabilities. The Vulkan spec states: All required extensions for each extension in the VkDeviceCreateInfo::ppEnabledExtensionNames list must also be present in that list. (khronos.org/registry/vulkan/specs/1.1-extensions/html/vkspec.html#VUID-vkCreateDevice-ppEnabledExtensionNames-01387) (obj 0x7f03485b0420 (VkInstance), loc 0x0)
[vo/gpu/vulkan] vk [Loader Message] 0: vkCreateDevice: Failed to create device chain. (obj 0x7f03485b0420 (VkInstance), loc 0x0)
Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[vo/xv] Warning: this legacy VO has bad quality and performance, and will in particular result in blurry OSD and subtitles. You should fix your graphics drivers, or not force the xv VO.

Thought it was something along the lines of, if something were to go wrong render wise gpu-debug would tell me in console. Is there any particular reason why people don't have it?

I haven't copied anyone's config, by all means take a look at it and tell me if there's anything I don't need. I would greatly appreciate it: pastebin.com/XFSYjaek

There's not much point in enabling debugging unless you're actually debugging something. It shouldn't break the vo output though. It's looks like a vulkan extension is missing for some reason. Not sure who's at fault here.

You're supposed to use it when things go noticeably wrong and you want to debug that part. Anyway, the rest of your config is fine. There's a few redundant lines, but it's cool.

Thanks for the help anons

This is better than MPC?

Sure.

Former /a/ here. Want to get back into anime. Was using MPC-HC+madVR, but I hear this is the new best way to watch anime. How can I use my colorimeter to configure mpv to use its own ICC profile like I could with madVR? madVR shows up as its own display in DisplayCAL but I don't know how to do that with mpv.

Attached: sailor moon don't know how to use computer.jpg (640x480, 55K)

are properties only accessible from the input.conf keybindings?

Well I don't know how to use a colorimeter, but I think the option for icc profiles is just --icc-profile=/path/to/icc/file.