/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: __ayanami_azur_lane_and_etc_drawn_by_sutorea__bec9e010cfe10576d34b4be53025041d.jpg (2042x2709, 1.23M)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/9o2f5n/psa_oratory1990s_list_of_eq_presets/
dropbox.com/s/61srehjyaltd7w0/Stax SR-009S.pdf?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/dm0m6u3s3b4zqzl/Sennheiser HD600.pdf?dl=0
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
mega.nz/#F!3MFm1DrD!4GlU_vNtEeF148kZcQ05wA
youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38cKJ6NBc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZOl0J6VGkBc
warosu.org/g/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=tudor zmf
rtings.com/headphones/reviews/stax/l300
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So I guess Stax is going to pure shit now that new production seems to be all Chinkshit in 2019.

Attached: 1488674582595s.gif (500x375, 881K)

haha le epic memes friend :)

>t. gen z user

Oratory has measured the SR-009S.

It's worse than the HD600. HD600 scored 92 and SR-009S scored 76.

I'm not even Nikita but this really seals the deal that STAX are audiophool garbage.

>meme
K, gen z.

Attached: D50_4.jpg (1000x1000, 136K)

ear speaker general

woah you mean ONE amp/DAC combo that no one fucking buys is made in CHINA? woah i HATE stax now, guess it means every single stax product is chinese made. i’m switching to schiit, real made in america products.

Finally some cute feet *SSSSSNNNNNNIIIIIIFFFFFFFSSSS*

That's a pretty weak ass attempt at defending $1200 chinkshit. I'd fire your ass if you were shilling for me.

>scored
according to what, harman? LMAO nice try nikki.

Attached: C4FF07F4-05ED-44C4-8E51-E863FBAF2466.png (1213x688, 185K)

not really all that much to defend when you never presented anything to defend against in the first place. seriously who cares lol

>Sapphire the hd600 budgectivist autist
>Maalis the Schiit/wooden beats audiophool
>Gen Z the benchmark boomer
An unlikely alliance.

Attached: staxloli.png (871x883, 887K)

>K, gen z.
why are you referring to yourself in third person, gen z user? :^)

>not really all that much to defend
We're in agreement on Stax being garbage at least in 2019.
>who cares lol
Oh wait maybe I'm touching a nerve.

>STAX
no bass

A litttle primer to those considering buying STAX off the Internet:

>In December 2011, Chinese loudspeaker manufacturer Edifier announced the acquisition of 100% equity in Stax

STAX is an old company that sells outdated meme headphone tech that was considered high end back in the 1960s and 1970s but sounds like ass by today's standards, then they were purchased by a Chinese company who decided to market STAX to niche internet audiences. Basically to the audiophool market, the same type of people who buy $4000 vinyl players and then insist they "sound better".

The best way to understand why STAX are garbage is to listen to them. They have no bass, sound thin and hollow. Unfortunately almost no audio stores demo them (because almost nobody would buy them if they heard them first). But there are plenty of studies which show that most people hate how they sound:

Oratory has measured the SR-009S.

The average ranking given by people to the top end STAX SR-009S was 76. As a comparison the HD600 got a 92 rating by listeners.

In a separate study published by the Audio Engineering Society:

>The very highest end STAX ($4000 SR-009) was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701

Download the PDF of the study at: mega.nz/#F!3MFm1DrD!4GlU_vNtEeF148kZcQ05wA

Even best Stax headphones sound objectively worse than mid-fi.

Don't fall for the STAX meme.

Attached: STAX chink.jpg (600x508, 108K)

Sorry they're not your wooden beats, Jamaalis

i don’t buy that maalis is our resident schiit/wooden beats audiophool. more research and setup photos are needed, the ones on his headfi account don’t match the sperg here.
who is we, you and your gay sex buddies?
>t-triggered!
the absolute state of shitposters on /hpg/.

they are multiplying

Attached: KEK.jpg (599x449, 38K)

>So I guess Stax is going to pure shit now
[spoiler]They were always shit.[/spoiler]

youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38cKJ6NBc

youtube.com/watch?v=ZOl0J6VGkBc

You can just shorten that to Stax simply does not support their product in America. You have to deal with 3rd party vendors. It's really the only reason I will probably never bother with them. Well that and now they are chinkshit.
>i'm not triggered you are fag!
Great mental gymnastics.

nerdling stop, nobody will buy your shitty used STAX. Your buyers remorse is expensive, but you'll just have to swallow it.

Attached: LMFAO at Stax 2.png (1024x575, 92K)

We got rid of Nikita to get three spergs instead. It's like a hydra of virginity kek

>telling people to buy literal Chinkshit headphones

Kek. Not even Reddit is dumb enough to fall for STAX.

Attached: Reddit Meetup Portland.jpg (2880x2160, 566K)

>but you'll just have to swallow it.
STAX owners swallow really well.

t. Beyer tranny

>mental gymnastics
you don’t know what that term means. stick to masturbating to your “studio” DAC that no studio actually uses lol
nikki is the one spamming the giant walls of text and links. he’s still around alright.

holy fuck he is actually mad

fucking rekt

stop pretending to be me, i'm not a fucking tranny

op when are you going to share your sick sick sick girl+headphone folder? i need it

smell the imagine

>anti-stax fags fill /hpg/ up with constant discussion of stax in an attempt to stop talking about stax

Attached: 1544922821749.jpg (413x395, 38K)

>one STAX energizer please
>gonna put this energizer right next to my Star Trek collectables, impress m'ladies

Attached: fedora neckbeard.jpg (1536x2048, 290K)

They aren't the brightest bunch, cut them some slack.

Attached: smugendros.jpg (464x464, 156K)

I've been on Jow Forums since almost the beginning but ok. I just got off Jow Forums for years after the cellphone and mac cancer took over.
Again gen z, if you have to ask who is using Benchmark equipment you are very clearly not their target market. I don't mean that ironically or to be mean. You simply are not the market. There are plenty of audiophile companies that will take your money. Simply find the current flavor of the month.

Attached: 1548898430627.jpg (871x883, 96K)

How do you prefer to EQ bass into headphones? I've just been using a high shelf filter at 90hz.

Their target market are senile autistic virgin boomers like you lmfao

Just a friendly reminder that Stax headphones are audiophool garbage.

$4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701

Even best Stax headphones sound objectively worse than mid-fi, kek

Attached: 1546498796183.png (1027x1369, 784K)

You can fit more buzzwords than that.

nerdling stop responding to yourself.

Your attempts to make it seem like there is a mass of happy STAX buyers is sad. The facts and studies speak for themselves. STAX sounds worse than midfi dynamics.

my biggest problem with STAX is that they look like shit and are made out of entirely plastic.
focal sounds just as good, if not better, is made out of far better material and costs about the same, cheaper even in some cases.

do 65hz and below but make it louder to compensate

>i-if you don’t know who uses it y-you’re the problem!
You’re not even trying to hide how lacking in arguments you are. Simply name one (1) (uno) (一) (אחד) (ein) (yksi) (ένας) professional that has ever even touched a Shitmark product in their life.

utilize eurobeat to repel nostaxers

Attached: consider1.jpg (1027x1369, 168K)

I'm going to message nerdling and ask him what the fuck he did to you to get you so fucking butthurt lmfao

>STAX
>literal chinkshit boomer tech

Attached: STAX Boomerphone.jpg (693x750, 152K)

see:
STAX headphones have that annoying bump at 1.5k that make the timbre sound weird.

dont message yourself nerdling.

you haven’t explained to us who nerdling is yet
>crackle
OH NO NO NO NO NO
AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Probably any studio with a relevant Dolby standard.

I'll try it right now. Using lcd2.
Does "slam" come from mid bass, sub bass, or is it non existent? I've actually never had a bassy headphone so I'm trying to see how bassy I can make this shit before I dislike it out of curiosity.

nikita....

Fuck off nikita, STAX is god tier.

Is this your way of saying you don’t actually know the names of any studios?

I used to own an lcd-2, just keep boosting the bass you can get a nice hit. terms like slam/rumble/punch are abused terms by audiophiles. it's just FR. I prefer to use the term impact or loudness. punchy is usually 100-200hz. rumble is below 100hz around 65. slam is both I think

Based and redpilled

It's my way of you digging your hole deeper.

That sentence isn’t even grammatically correct. Are you having a stroke my dear boomer? Do you need an ambulance?

>Random person comes into thread to criticize an objective problem with STAX
>STAX shills get hyper butthurt and call him "nikita"

Kek

>random person
LMAO nikki actually expects people to believe this

he's not a random he's just a nobody. he can post pictures if he likes, he won't

All nostaxers are ESL shitskins of some sort. The one you're responding to is probably some sort of mongrelmutt mestizo.

>everyone who hates my shitty niche product is nikita

okay buddy

Attention all STAX CHADS
post your setup with a timestamp and selfie right now.

Can someone please explain to me the difference between 3.5mm and 2.5mm jacks? Also why would anyone choose 2.5mm over 3.5mm?

Everyone who types like Nikita is Nikita. Guess who fits the bill? You!

Attached: 834.png (687x768, 229K)

Attached: STAX faggot.jpg (605x907, 172K)

>that post timestamp
Low effort

Who is n3rdling and why is he so based?

Someone who triggered one of the nostax audiophools in here real bad apparently. As to how or why we have yet to discern.

Alright, I'll keep fucking with it. I don't like these without eq at all but they do take EQ well and the flat low end makes it a bit easier to work with in dsp.
10 db, it's rumbling alright
I couldn't find that album at all. I listen to trance and don't think I've ever tried eurobeat. It's not on deezer, its on nyaa with no seeds. lame, album art is dope

Attached: sixtyfahv.png (817x1110, 76K)

is maalis = nikita = rakesh? why did he start freaking out so bad after his name was brought up.

We already know Nikita’s setup. We don’t know who maalis is or who rakesh is, you’re gonna have to explain your line of reasoning before we start pinning these people as shitposters here.

>does this look like the face of mercy, audiophool?

Attached: CanJamSoCal2015_Member_N3rdling_Photo_Main.jpg (600x801, 50K)

>Alright, I'll keep fucking with it
eh. there are better headphones to get if you want bass. try the haafee hd1. its stock FR already looks like that with a 10dB boost, neutral / downsloping FR

Attached: HP-2-graph.jpg (2933x2337, 676K)

I don’t think anyone cares until you explain to us who this is supposed to be and why you hate him so much.

>We already know Nikita’s setup
yeah you're right, nevermind
>We don’t know who maalis is or who rakesh is,
maalis is the woodcups owner. rakesh is the tudor fag from /wg/ who killed the general with spam and the mods ended it up moving it to /fa/. both tudor user and maalis stopped posting for a period. both came back at around the same time awhile back.

>maalis is the woodcups owner.
The ZMF retard in our thread doesn’t match maalis’ headfi account though. The headfi account doesn’t seem to have any schiit trash.
>rakesh is the tudor fag from /wg/ who killed the general with spam and the mods ended it up moving it to /fa/.
Not familiar with this.

Long line of purchases before another non-stax headphone for me. gpu blew up in novemeber and i've been on my fall back 760 since then.
I thought the 10db boost would be far more ridiculous than this. This isn't even as bad as I imagine consumer shit like beats sounds. It's just rumbling a lot basically.
pic rel is the bass headphone I want to hear
>from /wg/
what the fuck? you can be FROM a wallpaper board? I've been using the wallpaper boards for over 10 years but they're not exactly the kind of place you can spend all day.
>welp these are boring
>find fresh new anime tits
>right click set pape
>enjoy pape

Attached: chadsph-hp3.jpg (1920x1080, 220K)

>Not familiar with this.
warosu.org/g/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=tudor zmf
>schiit trash
literally on the first google result, you can see his yggy on the bottom shelf

Attached: IMG_20181102_160432.jpg (1248x936, 340K)

Oh shit, guess it is him. The table and stand match up as well.

travel to the land of the 15 decibel bass boost with me tonight brethren and we shall live as one with tyrone

Attached: up.png (824x435, 19K)

welcome to the basshead club, staxbro.

You need a fatter amp, that preset could clip if the bass goes hard enough.

rtings.com/headphones/reviews/stax/l300

>Sound 5.5/10
>Lacks bass
>The STAX L300 are poor headphones for critical listening. We recommend the much cheaper Beyerdynamic DT990 instead.

kek nice one

staxgang dabbin on snapheisers

Thanks. It's on prevent clipping so if that does happen it will automatically reduce the pre so it doesn't happen again. magni 3 isn't even at noon yet so it shouldn't be a problem. this is very reason I bought it instead of the o2(atom wasnt out yet).
this album is mastered quietly(secret weapons part 11) for whatever reason

He said L300 not HD600.

HPG WHY HAVEN'T YOU VOTED ON RTINGS? FOR NON SHITTY HEADPHONES FOR THEM TO REVIEW?

because that's subversive kikery and doesn't even accomplish anything worthwhile

I want them to measure the crusher 360 though, it's $200 less than the kannon.

Just you wait before the STAX shills accuse him of being nikita as well.

nu-/hpg/ hates measurements because it exposes their gears as being shit. This is the dark age of /hpg/.

>STAX and CRT

The superior choice

Attached: STAX CRT.jpg (2016x1134, 451K)

hello nikki
hello maalis

based