Does C have any real world use?

Can you get a job for knowing C?

Attached: 1492832377473.png (1052x1342, 769K)

It won't be wrong to say that 90% of all computers around the world run on C. And we still don't have replacement for it. C++, Rust, etc are close candidates, but they are not there quite yet and probably never will be. So, you can be certain to get a job if you master the language.

I am employed as a C programmer.

Work in embedded.

Yes, you can get a job for continuing to ruin computing

probably, but will you get a job for knowing C? no.

>Can you get a job for knowing C?
not, C is sekret weapon of win

Not anymore.

>So, you can be certain to get a job if you master the language.
How?
What do you need other than the book in OP?

>I am employed as a C programmer.
What do you do exactly?

Some Linux userspace related stuff.

It can help. At work I maintain a few programs that were written in C around the time I was born.

Programming C

Yes. You can easily get a job maintaining legacy code, even if you suck at C. If you actually know what you're doing, you can find yourself a spot in systems or embedded development.

Embedded systems, drivers, firmware.

Attached: 1487232345838.jpg (126x126, 5K)

>Does C have any real world use?
Embedded devices, (very helpful for) reverse engineering & drivers.

>Can you get a job for knowing C?
No, but if you know C, learn C++ this weekend or learn more about embedded devices, Linux (LFS) and ARM assembly.

As a beginner? No

Learn java or something, Jow Forumsoy. Its easy ish to learn and there's plenty of demand for it

Lots, many high performance libraries are largely written in C or C++, and it's the only choice in embedded most of the time.
I think some places even have a dearth of C programmers, as the senior people move on/retire and most juniors who were raised on webdev can't/won't replace them.

>dearth
I learned a new word today