There are people browsing Jow Forums RIGHT NOW who still use gas for cooking

What's your excuse for using primitive, hazardous technology when induction cooktops exist?

Attached: induction-cooktop-glamor.jpg (450x450, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HiIKq4RkZ1M
bunnings.com.au/gasmate-portable-bbq-butane-stove-with-dual-safety_p0035119
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=HiIKq4RkZ1M

Because I like my electric bill being affordable? Stupid faggot.

Attached: ok retard.png (392x349, 18K)

i like fire

you:

duur duur i will buy amd even thought it wastes twice the amount of energy dur dur dur dur electricity is shit dur dur dur in what shithole do you live where it even matters dur dur dur dur

also you:
dur dur dur i will keep using gas even though induction is much more effective and efficient and might as well end up being cheaper than gas because i am too lazy to think and do some research and find that out dur dur dur

I'm American.

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

>2019
>not using charcoal

lolfag

But AMD CPUs have been the more efficient ones for years now.
Also Vega 56, the only relevant non-budget GPU from AMD is just as efficient as a 1080 with a proper OC and UV, while performing the same in most games but costing less.

>he doesn't cook with propane and propane accessories

Look, Bobby, that guy's a faggot.

1. Electricity is expensive
2. Cleaning the glasstop is a pain
I admit that it's safer but I gotta think about my money too.

This. Not all of us have mommy to pay our shit.

Stop sperging out in every thread fagoverlord

The efficiency of most powerplants is about 40%, and can't go much higher because of the limitations of the laws of thermodynamics.

Now, that's fine for running shit like motors or lights because you couldn't do better with your own equipment.

If what you want is heat, however, using electricity wastes 60% of the energy of the fuel.

fire, the OG technology of Jow Forums our 2nd love was the wheel, remember that fuckin inovation sheeeeit.

>Cleaning the glasstop is a pain

Maybe if you're a fucking retard.

I pay 1.5 USD a month for unlimited gas supply for my stove, why would i switch?

lower home resale value due to being hazardous to people with heart implants and the like

Except that's wrong, you window licking waterhead.

Wait are gas stoves the norm in the US? I've only ever seen a few, all the ones where I live are electric

Back to /ck/ you egoistic heathen

>What's your excuse for using primitive, hazardous technology when induction cooktops exist?
I like the flexibility of being able to use anything vaguely pan-shaped for cooking in, rather than being limited to special types of pans and pots.

sorry that you're a gadgetphile instead of a knowledgeable homeowner

Gas is considered too dangerous for Euromuslims.

Wait, did you just insert a fucking CPU into a discussion about stoves? Holy fucking shit you should not exist on this planet.

These things are absolutely dreadful to cook with.
I might just not be used to it but with an open flame you can actually see what kind of heat you are blasting your food with and the response when changing intensity is immediate, meanwhile that shit you boast about is like a black box that you never fully know what is doing, you just gotta guess by looking at what's happening to your food, and the dealy in response when you change the heat is infuriating.
Also the lights usually turn off before it's actually safe to touch so I'd be paranoid as hell about it.

I'm sticking with fire.

Noone is buying your smart stove, Bezos.

Abundant natural gas.
110V means cables thick as your leg while eurofags use 400V for their stoves.

It can be better for different kinds of fancy cooking, but in most cases you're fine with bluntly heating a food item.

Attached: 1548951653142.png (250x288, 120K)

No self respecting cook or chef is going to use electric, ever.

>not knowing how to cook like a master chef

This.

/thread

gas is 4x cheaper here

Gas cooking is way better.

What a shitty thread.

Attached: shotgun_redneck_apu.png (808x1300, 383K)

aint nothing heat up a pair of frog legs like a flame there boy

Attached: cre.jpg (170x172, 9K)

Gas is dirt cheap in my country while electric is comparably expensive.

How the fuck do you cook using something like a wok? Only a small portion of the wok is touching that induction plate.

SEE THE PICTURE YOU IDIOT

The actual induction heating process will work with any conductive material -- steel, aluminum, copper, even gold

you motherfucking moron, you have no idea of ****induction***** cooking is

> you can actually see what kind of heat you are blasting your food with and the response when changing intensity is immediate, meanwhile that shit you boast about is like a black box that you never fully know what is doing

all models sold today have a ton of panels with all kinds of information fire retards can only dream of having. you can set the exact temperature you want and shit

>Also the lights usually turn off before it's actually safe to touch

it is ALWAYS safe to touch the cooktop even while cooking, unless you are made of magnetic metal MORON

came home from work one day and realised I had left the gas on (in my studio apartment). thank fuck the flame was still burning

>hazardous tech
So, how many people have been blown up by a gas baloon here? Thought so, none.

>Induction
>Super cheap PID temp controlled ones exist, and it's far easier to mod any of them to be such anyway
>Cheaper initial cost by a huge margin
>Cheaper running costs in a fair few countries, equal in a lot, and gas only wins out in a few
>With the difference in initial cost, even in countries where it's cheaper to run gas, requires over a decade of use to break even
>Induction is also safer

I just use a microwave

I use cast iron and got an induction range and it’s incredible how much better it is than gas. Gas is now officially for boomers and retards,

How is it better
I can't even cook on an induction top. It's impossible
with gas you just set it at high then you simmer it at medium for a while until it looks cooked

I have to presume this is bait, but you can do the exact same shit on induction
Or just tell it to sit at [appropriate temperature for your meat and preference] for long enough for the heat to reach a steady state through what you're cooking
Cooking on gas and induction, if you don't use temperature control, you use the exact same shit. You know that your high on your gas will equal approximately X degrees and you will need to turn the meat after Y minutes, while induction you know that 70% (or whatever) gives you the same. It varies from gastop to gastop and induction top to induction top, but it's all the same principles. Rate of heat conduction based on temperature of the device

I like being able to cook myself something in case the power goes out.

You need ferrous cookwear.

>not having a green suitcase and a couple cans of fuel

Attached: 352D5E48-67D8-43C9-8FB4-7D4D48A1FBEE.jpg (640x480, 42K)

Do you have a car?

>eurofags use 400V for their stoves.
no, we don't, we use 230v on our stoves, it's true that people who have all the 3 phases in their home generally connect all the 3 phases to the stove, but that is done simply to balance the load, so you don't overload a single phase. Internally the heating elements are all single phase, you can connect all the 3 phase inputs to the same phase and the stove works exactly the same, in fact that's the case for most installations since most people only have one phase in their homes.

>implying i know how to cook
lol

>building a new house
>electric floor heating
>electric water heating
>eletric stoves
>gas not even connected to the house
>my own water in well

In a few years I will put photovoltaics on the roof, batteries into the basement, electric car into the garage and be completely self-sufficient.

>Wasting money
The abundant natural gas is the main one, although Japan was mainly gas the vast majority of them swapped over to induction a fair while ago unless you're ultra poorfag

Because gas is better.

You might want a redudancy system, like have gas for a generator, or maybe even build a gasifier to run a generator. you know, in case there is like a week of cloudy weather and your batteries are close to hitting 30% and you don't want to damage them.

Gas > *

Based soviet union has stamped so many gas pipes everywhere it costs pennies.

>inb4 muh exploding apartment

Shit neighbourhoods and shit neighbors are the ones exploding so it is a form of natural selection, based gas.

>hazardous
Sissy programmers can't handle fire?

>The efficiency of most powerplants is about 40%, and can't go much higher because of the limitations of the laws of thermodynamics
Let me correct you
The efficiency of most powerplants is about 40%, and can't go much higher because of the limitations of absolute human stupidity in our mass consumption of fossil fuels

>Cleaning the glasstop is a pain
wanna know how I know you have never cleaned a stovetop in your life?

Fuck glass stovetops.
The extra heat from using a cast iron skillet discolors the glass.
I wish I had a gas stove that heats up instantly too

>Pull it out
>Soak it in a bucket of caustic soda
>Pull it out the next day
>rinse
>Good to go

Let's see how you clean your glasstop, faggot

Then be my guest and perfect fusion or shoot the anti-nuclear fags. And no don't shill your shitty photovoltaics with batteries because they are not so boo boo environmentally friendly and baby windmills because although usable locally are completely insufficient to meet global energy demands.

(You) tell me why I should throw it away when it still works.

Because it costs 2-3 times the price for something with the same level of control as a gas cooktop?

>all these seething poorfags who cant afford nice things
Are you all literally 18 and just moved out on your own or are you all just poor?

Gas tops are more expensive than induction, and have far inferior temperature controll

with some ethanol, a chux or two and some good old fashioned elbow grease.

I was right. You never have cleaned a stovetop in your life. The caustic soda did that for you.

Attached: z.png (255x240, 95K)

The wares are needlessly expensive and I can't light a cigarette on it.

>$7 for a pan is needlessly expensive
?

>with some ethanol, a chux
Are you a fucking barbarian or something

A decent pan for a normal cooktop isn't $7. I'm not wasting money on an induction top if I'm not going for the whole shebang.

Well, electricity costs less than gas, at least where I live. We don't have has at all, we use a pellet stove and a wood stove when it's cold, an electric water heater, and induction cooktops, without any issue

Actually decent pans for both induction and non induction cost the exact same, while induction cooktops are cheaper than gas, at least in the vast majority of the world. I don't know the prices for the US since I've never lived there and never looked into it.

Instant, more controllable heat at a lower price and continues to work in a power outage (usually there's at least a couple a year here in leafland due to severe ice storms).

>Electricity is expensive
See >Cleaning the glasstop is a pain
Never used anything more than a towel and spray cleaners

>an All American 941 wont crack the bitch

Attached: 106.jpg (1024x768, 112K)

I seriously doubt barbarians had access to or knowledge of pure alcohol or viscous cellulose. You need a new insult man

I'm European and have only used gas stoves. I have a fairly modern rangetop and it has 3x gas and 1x electric, which is about exactly what I need.

Fire good, scary electricity bad.

>Implying PV will be enough to feed 1/3 that load
Do like 5 minutes or research into irradiance in your area and the square footage needed to generate the amount of power electric everything demands

How do you cook for lunch at work?

Cant prep day of cuz I work 12hr shifts
Cant prep beginning of the week cuz 1.) I don't know what I'll want 2.) I make too much and it goes bad
I end up eating premade frozen/canned shit 90% of the time

Not him but I use 11kwh of energy a day on average, while my 8kw solar system averages 35kwh of production a day, higher in summer and lower in winter obviously. It shouldn't be hard for him to go off the grid, people have been doing it for over a decade in large numbers with solar

I cook better with gas, plus it's a 5th of the price which adds up over the year

Attached: Screenshot_20190201-091753_Firefox.jpg (1080x2220, 354K)

Other

Attached: Screenshot_20190201-091803_Firefox.jpg (1080x2220, 336K)

>I make too much and it goes bad
It will keep for weeks in the freezer. Just make a variety of meals in bulk and freeze it, instead of buying freezer meals.

Prime example here. This gas line is glowing red hot, and guess what's malfunctioned and is heating it up? Fucking electricity.

Attached: glowgasline.jpg (1078x960, 138K)

Why the fuck did you pay £555 for 3587 kWh
But then proceed to pay £466 for 12704 kWh
You literally fucking used 3.5x more energy and paid 17% LESS
LESS MONEY FOR MORE ENERGY
Im signing up for ovoenergy as we speak

Gas is for chads.
What do you see in restaurant kitchens? Hu? Gas has a real feel to it. The switches are analogue with infinite variations to fine tune the perfect heat in a record time.
Induction is snowflake tier, super easy to break, tactile buttons for zoomer, dumb safety measures you can cook if it's wet, have to use induction compatible pots and the buttons are super slow.

because i can still cook when the power goes out and your dumb ass cant

>$20
>Leave it in storage and whip it out when the power goes down
Works a charm for me ;)

bunnings.com.au/gasmate-portable-bbq-butane-stove-with-dual-safety_p0035119

Attached: 8b15348d-29d5-4e2d-b134-e8766fb68214.jpg (1600x1600, 227K)

>power out due to severe ice storms
So much this. The "extreme cold" that the USA is dealing with right now is just a taste of a normal winter in Canada.

Attached: AFuckingLeaf.png (274x242, 5K)

PV is incredibly inefficient, and most likely going to be mined/manufactured in China and have a huge environmental and public health impact.
Solar thermal is great for water heating, though. Can even supplement the heating of water in the in-floor heating.

not baking cookies while the power is out

>heresy

>gas
i've only used gas while out camping

1. It's shit to clean because it scratches easily so steel is still GOAT
2. Unless you have some high-end one from Bosh or Miele it's hard to regulate temperature

I don't get your argument because if you ask any professional chef they'll prefer gas over electric any day.

Based

ease up fella

Attached: 1519011414908s.jpg (125x125, 2K)