Here's your checkbox, bro

here's your checkbox, bro

Attached: 1 6scHT_6-pM_TB9wNXUckBg.png (320x260, 4K)

Checkbox conveys you're filling out a form to turn something in.

A switch conveys that you are turning something on or off.

>flatshit

Pretty much this.

even the dumbest phone user knows an empty checkbox can be clicked and it says yes/no to something even if it's an option.

This isn't about converying that something is clickable.

>filled checkbox means yes/active
>empty checkbox means no/inactive
has been for over 30 years and even millenials understand it in world of sliders.

Just a few years ago, when you clicked a checkbox, you would always have to Save, Apply, or Submit. Now very often clicking a checkbox could update the value immediately, instead of having to save the changes. So changing it to switches is better.

It's also visually looks better to use a checkbox, and it conveys the meaning better.

Just think for a second how many variations of switches we have around us.
They are effectively all the same in function.

>It's also visually looks better to use a checkbox
Mean switch

my ganoo+loonix distro with xfce on it doesn't have this problem :^)

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-01_12-49-39.png (358x422, 21K)

Again, you seem to lack the brain capacitance as for why they use toggle switches now. I'll try to explain it to you again: a toggle switch implies that something is turned on and activated, just like the lamp in your basement, it's a form of affordance, something I doubt you know anything about since it's a thing in the design world.

>capacitance

Attached: we_jigglin_er.jpg (225x225, 6K)

i don't know about you, but i don't use a fucking slider to turn my lamp on. it's a button. a checkbox makes more sense on a screen an resembles a button a lot more than a fucking "pull to slide" switch.

t. Microsoft UX team

>affordance

> being a dimmerlet

Attached: we take the mind.jpg (1197x846, 48K)

Checkbox makes Boomers think they need to hit the ok button to confirm somewhere.

This is a case where skeuomorphism has come back and it's FAR better than
>m-muh minimalist box

What are you trying to imply here? Material design does have a checkbox component.

>99 problems but a switch ain't one

Attached: 1549024189004.jpg (236x290, 15K)

Your light up your lamp by checking the "light" box with pen and paper?

Attached: 1509014772329.png (403x448, 53K)

Go the fuck back you turbonigger

Those buttons look remind me of android 2.3

Wait what's wrong?

Flat UI is easy to achieve with every OS available and look relatively good for what it is
Not everyone can waste their time being a ricelord, timmy

I really hate that ugly green Google seems to love so much

It looks modern

It has shadows and thus depth. The entire thing is more complex than the average Jow Forumsturd could possibly understand.

>ahem, it's actually called material

That's a nice-looking GUI. Are you using the gtk adapta theme?

>material shit
as opposed to immaterial shit?

You faggots really do argue about any type of irrelevant shit.

Attached: 1543601048060-0.jpg (613x533, 107K)

>gay cartoon bear posting
opinion discarded

Fuck off xi jiping

>samshit phone has this
>switch to dark theme
>can't tell what's on or off

Attached: 1391988789667.jpg (553x640, 48K)

I don't understand why this is a concern, the state is obvious for all the representations. I like the switch better because it represents "enabled" instead of "yes". Is this a "change bad" issue?

Tell me, does the toggle represent the action it will perform or the state of the system? Why one and not the other?

Also toggle switches don't work very well in RTL languages or for colorblind people.

The only way toggle switch can come close to being as usable as checkbox is to have labels for the two states outside the switch itself, but then it will take up 5-6x more room then a fucking checkbox

I actually wouldn't mind if it just flipped instantaneously.
I hate animations in GUI's. Similarly, I also hate normal checkboxes if they're animated.

sounds dope

Attached: medion.jpg (777x1024, 156K)

This made me laugh way harder than it should've.