Is there anything wrong with the RTX 2060...

Is there anything wrong with the RTX 2060? Everyone is screaming that it's overpriced but at the moment it's cheaper than the 1070 TI on amazon and the 2060 performs better.

Am I again falling for the Nvidia meme if i buy it our should I go with an AMD instead? Haven't used AMD since the 4000-series.

Going to use it for strategy gaming and machine learning.

Attached: 2018-12-29-image-4[1].jpg (2048x1325, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=rocm-20-linux50&num=1
techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_RTX_2060_AMP/37.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Vd-8fV_AWGM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What strategy games?

>Going to use it for strategy gaming and machine learning.
Consider getting 1080 ti instead. The amount of VRAM is pretty valuable for such tasks.

>machine learning.
are you seriously considering a card with 6GB of VRAM for machine learning?

Nothing wrong with new tech and taking PC gaming forward. You should be upgrading now that next gen consoles are coming.

Can someone clear some shit up for me. I'm in the market for a new GPU, my 770 doesn't feel long for this works, but she's a real trooper. I wanna upgrade and was thinking a second hand 1080, but looking at videocardbenchmarks, I could just get a 2060 for performance somewhere between a 1080 and a 1080 ti. Yes, it's only got 6gb VRAM, but in really just going to use it for gaming and maybe some Unity Dev work, maybe some unreal engine work if I ever get my shit together.
My question is, for most modern games, will the 2060 actually outpace a 1080?

>meme learning
yea get AMD instead

>will the 2060 actually outpace a 1080
It already does in some games. Who knows how driver support will work for RTX and old GTX in the future.

all nvidia cards are overpriced, there is nothing wrong with RTX2060 - it costs almost the same as 1060 (at least in my country) so why not jump for the new card? early adopting is bad i know so redpill me further

Except for Pascal it was good to adopt early before the Bitcoin shit.

Ok cool, I was thinking along similar lines about NVIDIA probably dumping a lot of money into rtx even though I couldn't give a shit about slightly higher shadow quality. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on a 2060

OP may want to look up how much of performance benefits do tensor cores in 2060 give him compared to price.
Also, yes, VRAM is good.

Are you fucking comparing a 2060 to a 1080 ti? The 1080 ti is twice the price

Nvidia will gimp the 1080 and 1070 1060 driver wise so get the 2060. Amd is the one that improves drivers for old and new cards.

Get a 1080 or 2070 then. Anything that has at least 8GBs

Actually it's slower right now. It beats a 1070 but is still slower than a 1070ti/1080. And I wouldn't rely on driver optimizations that much, the 1060 didn't become faster than the 980 too.

The 2060 is controversial.
On one hand it's by far the best value Turing has to offer and it is in fact basically the only Turing card that has a substantial better performance/price ratio than the previous generation.
On the other hand it's still 350 bucks for a 60 tier card, which is roughly 100$ more than the previous the 1060 and 150$ more than the 960. The ironic part is that producing the card without rt and tensor cores would save ~20% of the costs or by reusing that die area with Cuda cores could increase performance by up to 33%. So for 350$ nvidia could have given us 2080 tier performance (a bit slower but whatever), instead we get meme cores and high prices.

Well, if you don't mind eventually finding yourself in a situation when you won't be able to run any code on your 2060, because the community switched to 11GB cards long time ago - you're free to skimp a couple hundred bucks. It's not a vidya gaymen we're talking about, where you can just lower some texture quality of whatever.

Yea I have a 7950 in on of my extra machines that still runs the newest games just fine. Card is a workhorse. Outdoes Nvidia gen cards when it was new and even a gen or two newer from nvidia. Doubt I'll see or have a card like that ever again though. I had a Fury card die recently in one machine it was maybe a year or two old. Nvidia same issue mid range cards even higher end ones they tend to die on me within a couple years or so.
Yea 8GB at the least. 580 cards with 8GB are like $100-150 bucks used. 1070 cards with 8GB are in the $200 range. Little point to not get anything with 8GB at this point.

>The 2060 is controversial.
>On one hand it's by far the best value Turing has to offer and it is in fact basically the only Turing card that has a substantial better performance/price ratio than the previous generation.
>On the other hand it's still 350 bucks for a 60 tier card, which is roughly 100$ more than the previous the 1060 and 150$ more than the 960. The ironic part is that producing the card without rt and tensor cores would save ~20% of the costs or by reusing that die area with Cuda cores could increase performance by up to 33%. So for 350$ nvidia could have given us 2080 tier performance (a bit slower but whatever), instead we get meme cores and high prices.
The used market is saturated with 580/1070/1080 cards too. Vega 56 cards can be had for lowish prices as well. The mining meme makes it a buyers market if you go used at this point imo.

buy radeon VII

>ayyyyyyymd learning
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=rocm-20-linux50&num=1

You should never buy an old gen of Nvidia cards. They don't get driver optimisations anymore and in a few months they'll be slower than an AMD 7850 in benchmarks.

Always buy the latest Nvidia gen.

>They don't get driver optimisations anymore
And old AMD cards do?

sid meyers civilization v
ck2
mount and blade

>not buy radeon viii

Attached: costanza.jpg (250x250, 10K)

Yes. Otherwise cards that are almost a decade old wouldn't be able to beat Nvidia cards that are barely two years old.

The best thing to do if you want a gaming experience with the least amount of trouble is to just buy latest Nvidia.

>is there anything wrong with the rtx 2060
Yes. It only has 6gb of vram. Also you can buy a used 1080 for the same price with more cores and more higher speed vram

>Otherwise cards that are almost a decade old wouldn't be able to beat Nvidia cards that are barely two years old.
Lol not even the 590 and Pooga2 beats 2 years old nvidia cards.

>Lol not even the 590 and Pooga2 beats 2 years old nvidia cards.
>pretending to be retarded
Really?

You say that but some retailers have lowered their prices too. I got a 570 for 100€ and can get a 1070 for 269€, new obviously. So with full warranty and 14 day refund policy (and some bundled stuff, however in case of nvidia it's just a bunch of vbucks or other fortnite shit :( ).

VRAM Jews.

If it had 8GB it would be great.

Oh yea definitely. New prices have come down as well. It just depends on what you can grab when you plan to spend the money. Country matters too usually due to taxes etc.

Its overpriced. The actual price should have been $249.

If you buy it for anything higher, you're simply telling nVidia, "go ahead, make the next gen 3060 $500"

No one questions the performance, because its just a similar to 1070ti. But since 1070ti can be had for ~$300-350 in the US, the 2060 is priced $350-$450 range.

so many brainlets in this thread. if it was 250 stores would charge 350 anyway.

2060 is the best GPU on the market right now. I say that as a dedicated AMD fan boy. Over clocked it comes close to the 2070, it's just an incredible value.

Plus you get some of the baby tensor cores to play around with and see how machine learning can be fun to play around with. Which is something you pay for reflected in it's increased price.

>The ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2060 AMP will retail for $379
>Gaming performance exceeds Vega 64 and GTX 1080
>Energy efficient
>DLSS
>Good price/performance ratio

techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_RTX_2060_AMP/37.html

The 2060 is a good card t b h

Attached: performance-per-dollar_2560-1440.png (500x1010, 52K)

>it's cheaper than the 1070 TI on amazon

Good luck getting it. I've ordered mine half a month ago with amazon express and they still didn't send it out. At this point im contemplating just waiting for a sale.

so the rx590 and Vega 2 beats the 1070ti and 1080Ti respectively yet?

>Lol not even the 590 and Pooga2 beats 2 years old nvidia cards.
>brings up current cards when they lose the argument
JFC the faggotry knows no bounds

Attached: 1535304240029.png (659x778, 778K)

Can't wait for the 160606060ti to come out and complicate this even more.

benchmarking blower vega in 2019

Attached: 123.jpg (221x250, 5K)

Please return to redddit until you're smart enough to acclimate to chan grammar.

>bought a doa vega in 2019

I bought a DOA Fury card a couple years ago. DOA 1080 last year. FML.

Pascal is 2 years old, zoomer.

>meme learning
Go for the nvidia card.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vd-8fV_AWGM

JUST POST THE 1440P BENCHMARKS AND THE HORROR WILL END (no official Nvidia graphs or "professional" benchmarkers)

Never get nvidia xx60 and below

You can get a used 1080ti for the price of a new 2060

>60 tier card
nigger it beats the 1070ti and trades blows with the 1080, it is not a xx60 tier card

Attached: t.jpg (260x194, 6K)

THE 1030 IS A xx80 TIER CARD BECAUSE IT BEATS THE 280!!! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!

X60 cards were always a different architechure. This gen its just x70 with less cuda cores and less ram.

In fact it loses to 1070 ti and it is indeed a $350 midrange card with a performance of 2016 midrange card.

>different architechure.

Attached: 550.png (207x243, 7K)

1060 and 1070 was different silicon

Which*

The Vega56 has been the card to buy in that price range for a while now. 8gb and it can be uncorked to near Vega64 performance if power isn't a concern or undervolted for a respectable mix of power to performance. If the 2060 had 8gb or was about $300 it'd be compelling but as it is right now it's a hard pass for me dawg.

>Everyone is screaming that it's overpriced

It's mostly AMDrone screeching as amd has nothing to compete with the 2060..

> ML on a 6Gigs card
It's easy to tell when it's a shitskin posting

by performance standards it's way better than a "xx60" class so it should cost more, along with inflation

>different architechure
>different silicon
same shit right?

the only novidia different architecture same series i can think of is 750ti maxlel. other 700 was krapler.

Get a titan RTX, the more you buy the more you save

Google it tard the pascal wiki will explain it 4u

>be retarded
>when called out for bullshit send the poster to google
classic

Im not here to spoon feed you basic facts you can refute them or fuck off

2060 is great as long as you can commit to selling it for a 2nd gen RTX card. 6GB isn't an issue right now at 1440p or below but will start being problematic once the status quo is 8GB+.

A lot of people will say to spring for a 2070 but there's no reason to pay 35-40% more for 12-15% more performance, especially when even a 2060 will hit 144 FPS in every game at 1080p or 100-120ish at 1440p.

I don't need you spoonfeeding me bullshit, I'm here to call you a retard and that's what I do.

>i will fuck off then
K thx

The potential issue is that it only has 6GB VRAM, which may end up being a little tight in the future even though it's generally fine right now for 1080p and maybe even 1440p (not 4K though, I've seen games use 7-8GB).

>Actually it's slower right now.
It is, but only very slightly so.

Attached: relative-performance_1920-1080.png (500x1010, 52K)

>>Gaming performance exceeds Vega 64 and GTX 1080
Depends on the game and resolution.

6GB will be okay if you're willing to drop from ultra to high for 1080p gayming next year. But for 1440p, you will have to drop to medium textures, high effects.

>Everyone is screaming that it's overpriced but at the moment it's cheaper than the 1070 TI on amazon
why the fuck are you looking at amazon

>all the muh 6gb vram FUD by desperate amd shills because it kills both their gpus and nvenc means 6c/6t intel are better value than poozens even when streaming, etc
no game today actually needs more than 6gb if it's affecting texture quality that is an engine optimization oversight that they haven't had to fix yet because there werent any 6gb cards this good, it's just preallocating more resources than necessary with the memory bandwidth of the 2060, that is a minor fix they will surely push since the 2060 is going to be the most used card a year or so from now

your entire post is one run on sentence

Do the needful and buy Vega Radeon vii housefire

You seriously buy used gpu's that get overclocked???
Are you just dumb in the head?

ye i typed that in like 2 seconds cause i got shit to do ill leave it to ur cuck brain to sort that mess out for me

I would think he'd look for used GPUs that haven't been OC'd -- or hope so.

It's not like you can do much to OC Pascal, voltage is basically locked and the cards hit their power limits and then throttle.

Put it on a VISA signature card for the warranty extension and you have a 1080 with 2 year warranty for under $400

Attached: wew.png (1019x347, 137K)

Machine Learning is not VRAM intensive. It is cuda core intensive.

1080 is still supreme, unless you can afford a 2080.

You can literally run these on a GTX 750ti or weaker.

1070ti is already beat by vega 56.
>wanting DLSS
>gaming performance """Exceeds"""" 1080 and v64, weakest versions of both

it is "barely" better than a 1070ti.
so. for $20 more or whatever, it's about $20 more.

>it performs the same as this old card for around the same money!

Lmao nvidialets

Attached: 1511019904736.gif (640x358, 2.21M)

AAAAAAUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH THE LIMITED VRAM IS MAKING MY GAMES STUDDER NOT EVEN OCING WILL SOLVE THIS! I WISH I BOUGHT AN RX 580 FUCK THIS!

t. AMD marketing pajeet