OpenWRT 18.06.2 becoming available: FLASH YOUR ROUTER NOW!

downloads.openwrt.org/releases/18.06.2/

Don't tell me you're not running custom firmware on your router, Jow Forums.

Do you want to get your network raped by the hacker known as Jow Forums?

Attached: openwrt.png (449x449, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

openwrt.org/toh/start
ftp.mqmaker.com/WiTi/Docs/Hardware/MT7612E_Data_Sheet.pdf
t-firefly.com/download/FireWRT/hardware/MT7621.pdf
wikidevi.com/wiki/D-Link_DSL-3782
warosu.org/g/thread/S69515186#p69527862
warosu.org/g/thread/S69008471#p69020620
termbin.com/0tw8
github.com/Nossiac/mtk-openwrt-feeds
termbin.com/e6i0
youtube.com/watch?v=xV2PxVoHFDQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

doesn't support my router :( c50 archer i cly?

literally what is the point of flashing my router beyond the benefit of muh freedum sofwarez

the only fucking reason to flash this is to use the adblock function, and I can't use that because it probably would make some shitty news site not load and my mom would complain.

The TP-Link Archer C50 is supported (if that's the one you have),
openwrt.org/toh/start

My mini-trashcan DIR-868L, on the other hand, is not. It runs dd-wrt which is supported for some reason, dd-wrt has binary blob drivers for a lot of Broadcom devices and openwrt ain't touching those with a 10 foot pole.

DIR-868L is a piece of junk, btw. Connect two computers to it's switch and copy some big files from one to the other and WIFI stops working. This was the case with the stock firmware when I got it and it's still a problem with dd-wrt. No idea why, it's a really .. odd problem. I use mine as a pure AP (not router or switch) so it works for me. Wouldn't exactly recommend this trashcan.

Attached: DIR-868L.jpg (640x480, 61K)

Well give me a good 4G router that supports openWRT and I just might

but I'm already on snapshots

Attached: Selection_035.png (710x521, 42K)

adblocking
better firewall
better bridging support
better throughput
no built in ISP backdoors
running torrent clients on router/modem
vpn for specific gateway/device

much much more.

Attached: curryedition1.png (985x374, 300K)

any router with a usb port. just slap an old android or a usb lte modem.

wtf,

When i installed it was only allowing me to have version 15.6 due to compatibility issues not being worked out, how is it on version 18? holeeee fook

I'm almost kind of like like an openwrt dev, i have a lot of experience with certain parts of the codebase but i never comitted, except for adding support for a device. i'll answer some questions if you want

when will mt7620/7621A devices get linux 4.19?

>i'm not an autist, i probably have a real job, and i even contributed to open source
Wtf u doin on Jow Forums

>my mom would complain.
kys

what happened to LEDE?

Still no hardware NAT support for cheapo routers? Pretty pointless to flash if you have over 100Mbps up/down. You will loose the speed for no reason just because nobody wants to reverse engineer those proprietary components necessary for the speed bump.

I'm 18 bro, and not american, so my mom won't kick me out for no reason.

what's the difference to 18.06.1

kek, i actually work with mt7621a most of the time, it's a good platform, but not as popular as ath7k so probably sometime around openwrt 19 it should have full bug-free feature-complete support

if you can understand this document, and write good C code and understand the linux kernel then you can help

ftp.mqmaker.com/WiTi/Docs/Hardware/MT7612E_Data_Sheet.pdf

>Still no hardware NAT support for cheapo routers?
It works for Qualcomm routers.

oops that's the link for the 5GHz chip. this is the SoC t-firefly.com/download/FireWRT/hardware/MT7621.pdf

it also works on the MT7621, enable hardware flow offloading in firewall

Who is this Jow Forums?

So still half asses support. Better support ar8337n, ar8327n and lantiq. Throwing away more than half of your bandwidth is unacceptable.

>Don't tell me you're not running custom firmware on your router, Jow Forums.

I'm running Merlin. Every time I flash a new build, I look at my router and yell "You're a wizard, routy!".

>Wtf u doin on Jow Forums
for the anime, mostly

Attached: 1545720598581.jpg (4084x5945, 1.99M)

I have two MT7621A devices. Newifi D2 and Youhua WR1200JS. yeah they good shit.

D-Link DLS-3682 is not supported, no freedom for me i guess

>Every time I flash a new build, I look at my router and yell "You're a wizard, routy!".
cringe

Only way to flash my router is through tftp and I am a noob. Seller was unable to determine the revision of my router and i got the newest and flashing open wrt with bin file is impossible.

is this your device?
wikidevi.com/wiki/D-Link_DSL-3782

>no wifi on asus routers
fuck that noise

s/on asus routers/support on newer broadcom radios

Any recommendation for a cheap router with good support for custom firmware? My old dlink died and I'm using only my isp modem for now.

you need a serial to usb cable, and minicom. put the bin file in a folder, serve that folder over tftp.

alternatively some bootloaders will load and flash a file of a certain name but your ip address has to be set correctly, no way of knowing what that might be, but try setting your computer to and serving a file over ftp while the router boots (need ethernet cable to the router obviously) 10.10.10.3

Hasn't it merged with OpenWRT?

my router already has it and i havent flashed anything

most stuff by tp link (barring DSL support)
Comfast is a good chinese company, so is ZBT

Shiet, thanks for the heads up user.

>using some toddler tier custom firmware instead of OPNsense

Attached: costanza_face.jpg (600x600, 35K)

head over to csg and pickup an mt7621a based one. search older threads.

I'd love to run custom firmware on my router. I desperately want to install OpenWrt, and I've been trying to for a while.
My issue is nearly half a decade ago I made the incredibly stupid and uninformed decision to buy a TP-Link TD-W8980. Yes, 89EIGHT0, the one with the weird fucking wifi chip.
Nobody that maintains custom router firmware supports it, and I'm now left shopping for a replacement ADSL2+ modem/router that will support fibre once my shitty ass upside down country installs it in 20never and also fully supports OpenWrt.
(Granted, I could install OpenWrt into this router, but then I'd lose my 5ghz wifi, and possibly also 2.4ghz. Sadly I need those. For some strange reason my phone doesnt come with an ethernet port and the 2.4ghz wifi in my phone is complete and utter dogshit)
Maybe one of you fa/g/gots knows some half decent site for comparing routers that gives me decent filtering options like dual-band, built-in modem, etc... instead of "Who made it" and "is it marketed as a (((GAMING))) router?"

>500 - Internal Server Error
this is forbidden knowledge i guess

Will lurk more about it, do you recommend any specific model? I found a company selling used zbts but they didn't specified the model, still waiting for their reply.

Only found reviews about it on /csg/, where can I find it?

why go used when you can get new from aliexpress or alibaba? most zbt shit nowadays uses the mt7620, which is NOT as good as the 7621. if you want something very nice, go with this
unielec u7621. it has full openwrt support

>that feel when no open source stuff for modem/router combos
And no, having the ISP's shitty brick on "bridge-mode" is not a solution. ISP "anything" is cancer.

>adblocking
How?
>better firewall
>better bridging support
>better throughput
>no built in ISP backdoors
>running torrent clients on router/modem
What?
>vpn for specific gateway/device
Huh?

there is some tutorial on openwrt site saying that snapshot works whatever it is. Is there any tool foor idiots that handles that tftp shit automatically?

>Is there any tool foor idiots that handles that tftp shit automatically?
nope, sorry user you're on your own

warosu.org/g/thread/S69515186#p69527862
warosu.org/g/thread/S69008471#p69020620
you should be able to get the wr1200js from aliexpress

shit, i wish I could code. I would make very autistic tools for very specific applications

> FLASH YOUR ROUTER NOW!
I can't because Broadcom.

get a better SoC

here's a nickel, kid. get yourself a better computer

Attached: nicklecomic.png (740x248, 202K)

tfw mediatek > broadcom
based mt76
what a time to be alive

> SoC
I actually thought about purchasing a Ryzen-based PC, hope that counts. But of course, openWRT is then out of the question.

what mt76 drivers you running? i'm keeping up with the openwrt/mt76 tree, but it's a wild ride. every commit can leave me broken, or with huge performance gains. what a time to be alive, indeed. shoutout to the maintainers

termbin.com/0tw8

Attached: Selection_036.png (584x166, 18K)

you can also use these
github.com/Nossiac/mtk-openwrt-feeds
i cant vouch that itll work on snapshots tho.

>adblocking
Not as effective as browser-based.
>better firewall
Please, I want to firewall per-application, not per-port. Somehow FOSStards still don't understand this.
>better bridging support
>better throughput
Why should a consumer care?
>no built in ISP backdoors
What's HTTPS and DNS-over-SSL? What's a VPN?
>running torrent clients on router/modem
Why? Those things almost always suck at everything.
>vpn for specific gateway/device
That only works if you've got a really expensive model that can do cryptography at a good speed. Otherwise, it's not worth it.

>b-b-but you c-can rice your modem! your modem!!!

that's openwrt/mt76

what commit are you using? check the file in openwrt/package/kernel/mt76 for a line that says PKG_VERSION

termbin.com/e6i0

btw, dont forgot to run irqbalance MT7621A bro

50GB of free volume have been deposited into your Comcast account

>irqbalance MT7621A
how?

>ameritard
Yeah no, I use XS4ALL, an ISP that actually seems to somewhat care about privacy and freedom of speech

> trusting anybody on this

oh, is it a package? where is it in menuconfig?

opkg install irqbalance
then add
/usr/sbin/irqbalance &

to your rc.local.
you can do it on luci, system -> startup

shameful, europeans should not be this retarded

bro, this is awesome i thought i was already using all 4 cores, holy shit. my boot time is nothing now

i'm running the commit slightly ahead of that one, but yeah with that commit they added a boatload of fixes since the last "stableish" one in late november. how's your performance?

What should I install on an Archer C9 v2?

Attached: 1496162053064.jpg (1200x960, 264K)

openwrt

its fine and all.

youtube.com/watch?v=xV2PxVoHFDQ

>openwrt vs lede illustrated by an anime scene

Attached: twocar fight.webm (720x404, 1.07M)

Doesn't this shit support automatic updates by now?

automatic updates, on a NOR flash. yeah. good idea duude.

As if manually downloading upgrade package and applying it to the system is any different

>not writing a script to do it for you
shig and notgonnamakeit

i just put my modem onto another core, and wifi onto different cores. it's never run so buttery smooth before, thanks user

Already running it on my WRT1200AC.

>Why should a consumer care?
gb2reddit, hope your mother gets cancer

> buy TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 couple months ago
> stock firmware is obvious botnet but performs well
>install openwrt, hoping to get extend my routers capabilities.
> throughput drops from 600 mbps to 230 mbps
> decide to restore stock firmware and resell it
> the process requires a reboot in order to complete the reinstallation.
> reboot it
> it's still rebooting to this day.
> back to my D-link 825 with DD-wrt, i guess.

Attached: 1443093021995.jpg (500x500, 49K)

usually it's just a recoverable softbrick, can't tell you what to do because it's model-specific, but try looking for unbrick guides

is there any safe way to restore stock then?

hahaha this nigger actually trusts someone

based

Still on LEDE having put off migrating long enough for this release to come out. Guess this is as good as any time for getting it done, but I'm not looking forward to redoing my customizations...

You get a bigger feature set. Most consumer grade devices leave a lot of shit out and cease to put updates out in a very short time. It's not just about "escaping the botnet" or any of that shit.

well okay, at least now site loads
the model is not the same, though it still not to be found on openwrt site
wat do

What's new since the last LEDE release? Anything worth upgrading for?

>Not pfSense
OPNsense is a retarded fork for no reason. Also who the fuck runs that shit in their house? I use pfSense on my dedicated server, but in my living room? Seems like crazy overkill.

which router should I get? which one is beste for openwrt?

>entitled brat
>retarded
>single mother
wow what a surprise

>tfw too much of a brainlet to install open-wrt

Attached: 1529329383392.jpg (125x91, 2K)

>trusting euro lefties with this data and privacy
kek, how fucking naive

all the retards too dumb to install it crying in here lmao

Gargoyle > luCI

Attached: 1530484820939.jpg (1280x720, 37K)

i kinda forgot i had a wdr 3600 with openwrt on it for years now as my main gateway

anyway flashed the 18 now seems fancy-ier

but i have a question
this router is set to connect via wifi to a modem
how the fuck can i create a new wifi as an ap on it for my phones?