When will Python implode? Please?

When will Python implode? Please?

Attached: python_environment.png (492x487, 40K)

>one venv per project
>just use pip
You are the problem

I have to tell my story.
I started learning Python because a discord tranny asked me to help learning programming so I planned have us learn python together. But as it turns out said discord tranny cannot read through a book, mostly due to the enormous amounts of anime it consumes daily. So now I'm learning Python by myself and for myself. A lonely path with a strange start but oddly I am motivated.

That's the way, user. If you only do things for yourself, you'll never be disappointed.

>When will Python implode? Please?
It will soon. It's a terrible language for anything beyond gluing things together, yet everyone wants to use it for absolutely everything.

t. works professionally on a ~700k sloc Python codebase.

>~700k sloc Python codebase.

So... this is the power.. of
import solution

I've been there before, user.

The tranny won't be able to code, but will go to gender studies and will start randomly fucking up open source projects.

It's great and I love it

t. Works professionally on a ~20k sloc Python codebase

>python bad

we have this thread everyday

Better than shit that is c++ in c style glued together with perl and bash.

t. work in bio company.

Just use miniconda only. Problem solved.

t. mathfag

around 50,000 lines python projects implode.
this doesn't stop people from using it.

python webserver deployment was the worst experience I've ever had

You say that now only because Python has yet to replace all the C++ in C style glued together with perl and bash.

Attached: worst day.png (500x281, 160K)

Self taught coder here. Know Javascript, Java and C#. I was wondering of learning assembly.

Is it worth it as in, other than it being interesting, is there any use for it in the workplace of today?

Attached: s2m3crky9ouz.png (2556x1772, 3.29M)

I love the constant shills that think this is okay.
Guys my cancer is fine I've contained it in this one part of my body. Surely I'll live for a few more years

Attached: 1548969271175.png (431x762, 598K)

just do python on linux, literally /too comfy/

this. I hardly use python these days, but this was what I did.

When A is remade and re-released.
It will be the end of all other languages.

>agreeing to study something with someone else on discord
Never thought about this but it’s an interesting concept. How’d you go about finding someone who wanted to learn the same thing as you?

Indeed

Attached: Untitled.jpg (469x318, 161K)

>When will XKCD implode? Please?
Fixed it for you and hopefully soon

Dunno bro I was chatting up this discord tranny and told zir should spend more time learning and not fapping or watching anime so xir asked me to help ze and I said yes, that's when I made the python plan.

>c++ in c style
Isn't that just c? I was under the impression you could name all your c files .cpp and it would compile.
t.nub

You dont know shit. Lmao

my problem is that multiple projects might use the same packages with the same versions and you end up with 10 copies of 500mb of packages.

fucking retarded picture.

just use recursion or a single for loop with several counters.

Story of my fucking life right there! I'm in the same boat, except we have some C and C++ sprinkled here and there. You think this would be nice for someone like myself that actually likes C and C++ and only appreciates Python for small project. You'd be wrong because all the C and C++ is through Cython and PyBind.

This makes it 100 times more difficult to actually do proper development because you have an abomination of developer tools. You would be better off just developing in C or C++ at this. Using Python as a wrapper may sound nice but it really isn't worth it unless you are doing it as part of a general purpose library that is going to be reused a lot like Numpy or Pandas.

I used to love Python, until a started having to use it for massive project. For anyone that loves Python, wait until you have to work with it on a massive code base. I just want to go back to only using C or C++ at this point.

Attached: I_wasnt_trained_for_this.png (820x541, 356K)

A thousand times this. Python sucks for collaboration and sucks for anything medium-sized and up. Writing C code to be wrapped for python is hell and thus not a real option anyway, and why would you take the time to write a C module for python when you'll get fucked by the language due to your codebase's size anyway?
Python by DESIGN prevent competent development tools from working.

>using anything other than pip and virtual environments

Attached: 1516895479537.jpg (387x437, 40K)

That might have been a problem in 2000, but how is that a problem now?

How much of it is desered because he uses a mac?

Nah.

Because that is my job, replace all those shit with python + R.

fucking xiggers man, all they do is let you down.

Python imploded long ago.

Prove me wrong.

you can use it for blockchain, ai and data science. so no, it's here to stay. you guys are just brainlets

Attached: 928.png (733x464, 125K)

This, except Python is not only terrible at embedding but extending is also the wrong choice because it assumes you know your performance hotspots are isolated in the first place.