Can they tho?

Can they tho?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-01 Eliezer Yudkowsky on Twitter.png (640x534, 58K)

Some people who "know how to code," can not actually "code."

It's a matter of practice, isn't it?

The jew is right here.

coding for machines is literally easier than talking to certain shitheads.

He's right. Most people would get bored to death, would just get confused as they don't know where to begin and can't focus on it.

But coding is fairly easy, if you can just sit down and decide to make something.

No, most people can't grasp basic computing concepts, and isn't just a boomer problem.

I mean yeah to an extent. It would depend on what you're trying to write. Simple programs like a calculator or a script that edits documents, sure anyone can write those given enough practice. However I'm not convinced you can "practice" your way into having better critical thinking that complicated programming requires. For reference I had a very difficult time with computer science in uni (took 2 semesters of comp sci as electives for my information systems major). I know the basics of writing programs but I don't know if I have the ability to develop professional-level skills to be employable as a software dev.

Most people drive like retards even though it's stupidly easier and they are practically forced to do it.
So, no.

You probably need at least 100 IQ to do it, and considering this is the mean IQ, this is probably literally a fact.

Most people actually drive pretty well, overwise accidents would be much common.
> it's stupidly easier
Is it tho?

Most people can't figure logic or structure well enough to program. That's the sad reality of it

Literally everyone can learn to code, just like everyone can learn math or physics

Learning syntax does take practice. From that aspect you are right. However, developing an algorithm i.e. solving a problem is where most if not all brainlets fail.
>Being analytical and logical makes the best coders.

>Most people actually drive pretty well
I wish I lived where you live then.

>Is it tho?
If we are talking about everyday driving, yes. Definitely.

Having people who struggle with logic busting their asses making stupid apps is a monumental waste of resources. Let them take care of elderly, paint, build homes, do electricity, plumbing, HVAC, cook.

Attached: 1548953383223.png (500x522, 144K)

>I can't learn thing
>it's the fault of the teacher

Jesus christ, these retarded pieces of shit are terrified of the concept of personal responsibility.

It is irresponsible to assume that everyone will reach a level of mental development where they can suistain the kind of abstract thinking required to instruct an abstract, invisivble, never fully understood machine to do things that intuitively aren't real.
It's similarly irresponsible to assume that every person will reach a level of moral development where they're guided by their own senses rather than punishments and rewards. It's been shown that a significant portion of the population simply doesn't.

If we were all equal mentally there would be no need for law and Windows would ship with a compiler.

I've just started to get interested in programming, and you kind Anons motivate me to go on. I feel like I can be good at these things.
And at least the dude in the opening post can still write modern poetry, he seems to be well on his way.

Brainlet here
I have a relatively decent IQ but I have the attention span of a child and terrible motivation

What's the best way to learn programming? I want to make versatile low level stuff that I can build from the ground up with C oldschool style.
Is the boomer C book actually good?
Also I don't know basic math

Attached: fat-ass-dog.jpg (640x480, 72K)

Everyone can learn how to code, it just takes one person much more time than someone else.
If you're not enjoying it for the first 20 years no one is gonna keep trying.

>If we were all equal mentally there would be no need for law
I'm not sure. I think people can be mentally equal but hold different morals and values. And that's where laws are based on.

>Also I don't know basic math
You're probably exaggerating. Just go for it man, just learn as you go.

If you aren't motivated to learn programming then don't do it. It

based

Judging by the state of every single program every written, I'd say no one can learn to code.

>(((yudkowsky)))

Why was it hailed as compassionate when these same journos mocked thousands of coal and copper miners losing their livelihood and telling them to 'just go learn computer science' but now it's a harsh reality that "not just anyone can code"?

>every written

take a class at your local community college

Anyone can learn to code, it just takes time and practice

Laid off coal miners learned to code just fine. What the fuck is wrong with journalists? Your skill set should actually give you a very slight advantage over miners.

Practice asking "would you like fries with that?" because that's the only realistic career path for someone like you. The "high IQ low motivation" types never usually make it very far in the long run.

Disgustingly american post.

Because lefties are sociopathic cry babies.

>What the fuck is wrong with journalists?
they're retarded, why do you think they got into journalism in the first place?

Attached: 1548910480916.png (928x772, 102K)

No. If you practice incorrect theory you just end up with well practiced incorrectness.

You can practice writing memory leaks until the cows come home. It won't make you a good programmer.

kek

In addition to this kids who have been fed the "Only STEM" meme since birth really can't process the idea of syntax.
It doesn't matter how perfect your math SAT is, if you bomb English chances are your syntatic analysis ability is lacking.

You dont learn to code you learn to program

Programming is not logic or analysis. You have to be a special kind of person to be able to program. I wished I could learn it but I did so bad in cs that I had to switch to math

No.

>code

Attached: 1425360686419.jpg (338x301, 30K)

I can code HTML and CSS. Not even babbys first language. JS is hard for me but I'm trying like the brainlet that I am.

Attached: 1379982426957.png (2560x2489, 553K)

People with subhuman IQs can't learn to code so he's not wrong

Even subhumans can code.
It's amazing seeing people desperately try to cling onto this fantasy that coding is exclusive to intelligent people, it just isn't, especially post moving away from C.

>good at english (and language in general)
>hate writing with a passion
>not so good at math
>love doing it
how is it possible to be this fucking mixed up

Attached: fd43d867b85e4c24e9b7cbf37e5b1122beb699b574643d83797b2ede2964a0c1.jpg (563x503, 21K)

Persistance is key, goy.

And that's a bad thing

There's few things you need to be "intelligent" to do. IQ is a meme and only good for detecting learning disabilities and I'd be surprised if literal retards could program

SeeCoding could be linked to intelligence or some more subtle trait.
There are plenty of genius mathematicians who dread coding or were completely unable to learn

The punctuation goes outside of the quotation marks when the stops are not part of someone's quote.

Most people don't want/need to know how to code. It's like learning russian or some other language, it can be useful, sure, but you can just hire someone one else to do it for you when you need.

He IS a self confessed atheist son to jewish parents, though.

Programming isn't just about shitting out "code". To be a half decent programmer you must at least have knowledge of
>architecture of the target platform you're developing for
>design patterns
>D&A

This, programming isn’t the end-all-be-all of professions; I don’t know why people are making such a big deal about it.

It's not and your assumptions are likely just things you tricked yourself into thinking
You're either not well practiced with math or not as good as you think with writing

No. Even in colleges half of students fail the entry level programming course. The general world population is significantly dumber than the average american college freshmen.

Almost anyone can learn to code by sinking enough time into it. The low IQ cutoff must be something like 85 tbqh. Most people CHOOSE to not do it, because in the first world there are endlessly easier and better things to do for non autistic people.
Sure, for low IQ third worlders it IS harder, but then again most of them desperately want to move to first world countries and programming is the easiest way to do so, so they are more motivated and that compensates for the intellectual disadvantages. Not to mention Indians are autistic as fuck which makes programming a very adequate career for them.

I don't think intelligence has to do with it

I think it's like math. Anyone can solve equations, but not everyone can make breakthroughs.

Intelligence has something to do with it in any mentally demanding task.

Explain

It's boring and most people expect to be doing something graphical
You could learn more in a month of reading K&R or SICP than two semesters of entry level CS classes

Both methods didn't work for me

>pressing the right symbols on a keyboard and moving around a bunch of squiggly lines on a display
>not graphical
user...

Why do you think they're all leftists?

No matter how much help and opportunity you give these people, they'll continue to fail and blame you.

Thems is some facts right there

No, webdev shit can be done by retarded monkeys.

I find it disgustingly transparent how journalists find "learn to code" to be appropriate advice for blue collar workers, but it's a huge problem when applied to them. They act like they are some enlightened class when on average they are dumber than most people

Yeah. I once saw a course on "how to effectively implement singletons." It was more than 10 chapters with stuff like "making singleton concurrent" and "how to implement singleton using abstract factory."

It would likely take a week to read through this course, yet you'd be learning an anti-pattern the whole time!

Part of the problem is people want to justify their invested time. If you spent a week learning an anti-pattern you might be inclined to use it more than necessary, so you can justify the time you spent.

Now go convince nigger cattle it is

Good I hope everyone starts thinking this. We don’t need more web “developers” creating 500mb webpages with only text on it and we don’t need more faggots shitting up the field.

Design patterns were a mistake and reek of curry

Jow Forums is this you?

>most people are retard
Well he isn't wrong

Is this coming from the guy who literally learned everything by himself because he though school was for fucking cucks? It boggles me as to why he decided to post this.

>if you can't program you are retard

> if you can program you're not a retard

Secret brainlets.

I'm sure most people could learn to write programs, though only a small number of people will be any good at it. And most people won't be interested enough to bother.

If you try to and can't then you are probably retarded

they can. but it's so boring that they won't. it's like most people could get a PhD in math if they really really wanted to.

Design patterns get a bad rap because they are used by cargo cultists. There's nothing actually wrong with them. They're just designs that naturally arise in any code.

Even if I'm a brainlet?

learn to code.

>it's like most people could get a PhD in math if they really really wanted to.

I highly doubt that. Not everyone can grasp higher concept maths. It's just the fact of life.

>t.undergrad who failed his software design class

>code
program

I still don't get this programming is hard thing, what really perplexes me is that no matter how I look at it, the fundamental concepts especially OOP are all very simple and once you have a mental picture of a few basic concepts like classes, objects, methods variables etc. you should be able to program to at least some degree sufficiently even if you use 100 if statements to access 100 spaces in an array. Once you've reached that level and can navigate on your own it's just a matter of learning the correct ways to do things and challenging yourself to understand more advanced concepts like abstract classes, inheritance, interfaces etc.

I personally find the hardest thing in programming is just frameworks, Spring does my fucking head in with how much it abstracts away so you just end up lost not sure what the fuck is actually happening behind the scenes to data when things are persisted or linked together by magic.

Attached: 1522877146483.png (888x720, 371K)

>I still don't get this programming is hard thing, what really perplexes me is that no matter how I look at it
Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.

Attached: carlin.png (799x598, 338K)

how the hell should I know how smart the average person is

>but--
>but--
>but--
>but--
I think I found something more cancerous than r*ddit spacing.

Attached: 1546893503895.jpg (604x453, 41K)

Cumulative life experience.

95% of people are retarded so yes, they can't.

>You probably need at least 100 IQ to do it
>this is the mean IQ
Hey retard, you ever been in public before and just listened to the shit the average imbecile runs their mouth about?

Attached: vO7lRZ7.jpg.png (621x702, 56K)

HTML and CSS are not programming languages, thats like saying you code in Word

No I know. I was referring to JS as babbys first language and I can barely do that well. HTML and CSS at least made a ton of sense to me

>They're just designs that naturally arise in any code.
They are workarounds to self-caused problems that naturally arise in any OOP code, yes