Music piracy

>Music piracy
is it dead?

what.cd and apollo both died after I joined, so I haven't bothered with the meme private trackers anymore

Attached: 1542067595960.jpg (999x366, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/06/02/411473508/how-well-can-you-hear-audio-quality
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There's no music to pirate anymore. Everything is shit.

no

old music still exists, and I'm not gonna pretend that I have all of them

s l s k

Just rip it off youtube bro I can show you app my buddy showed me.

you just need to know where to search and with what

Attached: f9022b6d.jpg (225x350, 19K)

use soulseek you faggot

but yeah, the streaming jew is slowly killing piracy

Wait what.cd died? What the fug jesus christ Ive been wanting to download about 200 anime series. It feels like (((they))) will pull the plug any moment

Yes, torrenting is dead, there's definitely no replacement for those two trackers. Just stick to streaming, don't mind us.

>downloading anything but flac
fucking gross

flac is snakeoil, mp3 320 is good enough

flac is for archiving/PC/HiFi use, mp3 320 is for when I transfer them to my phone's microSD

>rutracker
Russian are amazing at this stuff. They know how to rip & distribute properly. It get all my music there. Murricans seems unable to grasp the concept of ripping an audio cd.

do you use shielded cables also?

you can enjoy good music in 128kbps on a fucking bluetooth speaker
guess you audiofools wouldn't know that

Attached: azuki022.png (278x504, 163K)

Attached: sucks2beu.png (1883x615, 116K)

This

no, but there is no reason not to have your collection in FLAC so that you can always convert to whatever format is best for your devices. are you that poor? HDD storage is cheap as fuck, and why would you not have a FLAC collection running your own PLEX from your pc?

kys mentally ill weeb manchild

Go drink some bleach, shit for brains.

absolutely seething

Attached: 1545931033444.jpg (799x590, 104K)

If you can’t hear the difference between FLAC and 320 MP3, you don’t deserve to listen to music.

>why would you not have a FLAC collection
because it's a waste of space and the difference between 320kbps mp3 and lossless formats is inaudible for 99% of people on 99% of listening equipment. do you store your pictures in RAW also?

>the difference between 320kbps mp3 and lossless formats is inaudible for 99% of people on 99% of listening equipment.
well sure, if your music player and or your speakers suck, I agree with you.

You hearing difference between flac and 320 mp3 is a placebo. Get over it, retard.

>classic country
my dark-skinned man

You wouldn't know what enjoying music or good music actually means

Just use rutracker and a VPN if you live in a retarded country like the US.

Private trackers are a shit meme meant to fracture the piracy community. Given the fact that you have to give plenty of identification to join many of these, its likely they are doing something shady behind the veils.

>Music piracy
why? spotify has all music on it for free and completely legally

do this test and come back with the result. if you don't get a perfect score you can fuck off

npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/06/02/411473508/how-well-can-you-hear-audio-quality

>all music
false
>for free
if you enjoy 128kbps

Deezloader if you want FLACs
Rutracker if you want CDrips and Vinyl rips.

C O P E

Attached: 1542929749397.png (852x880, 568K)

Nobody can dumbass. FLAC is not about that.

>FLAC is not about that.
Jow Forumsays don't understand this

>320k MP3
Either use FLAC or 160k Opus, but come on don't go full retard.

i hate to defend spotify, but they have "hires" streams at 320kbps. but it's true they lack a lot of music, especially if you don't listen to gay-rap-edm.

> mp3 320 is for when I transfer them to my phone's microSD
why aren't you streaming your personal library in opus? do people really store music on their phones?

Attached: 1548912783797.jpg (916x689, 139K)

I got 10/10. It’s pretty easy.

Should the cut-off be getting 6/10 though?

>lossy defense force in 20XX

immutable or death

Attached: 304026.jpg (480x360, 12K)

Aren't the 320kbps streams available to paid accounts exclusively?

>but it's true they lack a lot of music
like what? the only problem i had was region locking which i bypassed by using burger vpns

>i got a 10/10
>the test has 6 questions

Use RUTracker.
BakaBT, Animebytes, Nyaatorrents for japanese music
also 1337 aswell

>(You)
>(You)
^I'm advocating for flac you namefag

>steaming on mobile
why ruin your battery life? and why stream the same shit over and over again when microSD cards are huge and cheap as fuck?

King Crimson and Joanna Newsom are the most notable examples
Also a lot of music that uses samples is getting deleted, like DJ Shadow stuff

opus is useless for phones unless your use plug-in headphones. since opus lacks bluetooth support, using wireless headphones will cause it to be transcoded.

the bluetooth profile only supports mp3, aac & flac at 24bit/48hz

yes. paid customers only (i don't use spotify)

can't remember all cases, but one of my favorite albums; the self-titled debut of southern rock band Doc Holliday was missing.

There's nothing wrong with MP3, but you better not ever hope to convert it to other formats. FLAC is what you want if you plan to keep your music until you die, or even pass it on to your progeny. In 2100, we'll still be able to convert FLAC into whatever the fuck newfangled music format is dominant at that time, and it'll be as fresh as if it were just ripped from the disc.

this

Fucking sad but true.

It is funny that pirates were right all along. Piracy didn't die because it was illegal or there was a chance of getting caught; it died because the industry started to make competition.

Couldn't tell the difference in even single of the questions.
My ears are truly blessed since i don't need to throw out a ton of money to enjoy the music to the fullest.

Have anyone ever made a Bluetooth headset that doesn't sound like garbage?
I only use them during workouts, but it still sucks to listen to shitty audio.

Ignorance is bliss indeed

No, any bluetooth audio protocol has imperfections, and it wont be solved.

you should be able to tell the difference between 128 and 320, but not between 320 and lossless

There seems to be a lot of misconceptions in the music community regarding the differences between 320kbps mp3 and FLAC format. It is true that 320kbps is technically as good as FLAC, but there are other reasons to get music in a lossless format.

Hearing the difference now isn’t the reason to encode to FLAC. FLAC uses lossless compression, while MP3 is ‘lossy’. What this means is that for each year the MP3 sits on your hard drive, it will lose roughly 12kbps, assuming you have SATA – it’s about 15kbps on IDE, but only 7kbps on SCSI, due to rotational velocidensity. You don’t want to know how much worse it is on CD-ROM or other optical media.

I started collecting MP3s in about 2001, and if I try to play any of the tracks I downloaded back then, even the stuff I grabbed at 320kbps, they just sound like crap. The bass is terrible, the midrange…well don’t get me started. Some of those albums have degraded down to 32 or even 16kbps. FLAC rips from the same period still sound great, even if they weren’t stored correctly, in a cool, dry place. Seriously, stick to FLAC, you may not be able to hear the difference now, but in a year or two, you’ll be glad you did.

>what is YouTube
Music piracy is alive and well, it's just you're not required to break the law to access pirated music anymore.

Who cares you were talking about 320K MP3 like it has a place anywhere outside of the trash heap.

Idiots call out FLAC as placebo but 320K MP3 is the king placebo of all placebos. Yeah, you can't hear the difference between 320K MP3 vs. FLAC, but I bet your ass you also can't hear the difference between V0 or hell even 192K MP3 too.
Iossyfags have memed it up so hard that streaming services are streaming 320K MP3's, what a total waste of bytes.

With downloading FLAC exclusively you at least have a source, so when it comes time to use a lossy format you can use the best one you can with the most efficient settings possible. With a 320K MP3 you have something that is both bad at being compressed and bad at being a source file.

/thread
not him but i keep my phone offline. i only go online when i need to. i sync my music to cloud and all of my library is being synced on my phone overnight.

it all sounds the same. maybe you need good headphones tho

Fuck off

look g i cant find my music on piratebay therefore piracy must be dead

Attached: >.png (204x311, 48K)

Please tell me this is pasta - it's too beautiful not to be

Ebin bait, cracked me up.

not as far as i know. bluetooth audio is pretty awful. plug-in audio is way better, but i use bluetooth in my car, and i found that apple aac at q64 is sufficient enough.

>tfw harddrive spins my music into the void

Attached: 1546577646257.jpg (703x688, 82K)

shit i meant to respond to

Spotify has free account too. Most people just pay the streaming or listen to free online radios.

why do you have a poorfag chink battery phone?
>all of my library
you must not have a lot of music

Attached: 1548197188879.gif (333x362, 593K)

Been using rutracker for classical music lately and found some rather obscure stuff that I never thought Id find.

>using spotify to listen to free online radios
here you go, the need for spotify is now deprecated
>radio-browser.info/gui/

streaming is always worse for your battery over local playback. the kind of battery is irrelevant you underage cunt

Attached: 1529929766572.gif (266x240, 1.71M)

Piracy is dead because people can just download music from youtube videos

>people can just download music from youtube

Attached: 1546333942397.jpg (208x225, 17K)

about 100gb in flacs -> 20gb in mp3
guess i could squeeze additional compression if i used opus but my phone has 64gb sd card so whatever

>npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/06/02/411473508/how-well-can-you-hear-audio-quality

Damn got only 1/6.

I know this is bait
But im still so fucking mad you made me post

the battery usage of streaming opus is irrelevant if you have a good phone user
with such a small library that seems reasonable

Attached: 1547387445182.png (2133x2083, 1.22M)

>choose randomly without listening
>get 2/6

I dunno why anyone would use MP3 320 when you can get pretty equivalent quality with Opus as much lower bitrates. The whole point of new lossy formats is saving space, but no one seems to care. MP3 320 is essentially retarded. Just directly use lossless if you want quality and don't care about your disc space and use Opus at 128 (or even 64 if your hearing isn't the best) for your lossy needs.

>the battery usage of streaming opus is irrelevant if you have a good phone user
gtfo you tech illiterate manchild

Attached: 1522116047038.jpg (645x729, 81K)

>with such a small library that seems reasonable
pretty much. not like i listen to all of that music anyway. if i was hurting for space i'd just sync my playlists.

>using opus
you are pic related

Attached: 1526722765266.jpg (906x1024, 66K)

This. Or Nicotine + if you're on linux.

user, you don't know shit. Playing music from your phone means the phone is only drawing power for itself. If you are streaming, it's constantly sending/receiving data over your LTE connection. Streaming a few hours of lossy music can still add up to hundreds of MB of data and your phone would quickly die even if it was at full charge.

>hundreds of MB of data
poorfag problem
>phone would quickly die even if it was at full charge
no it doesn't

Attached: 1546350566325.jpg (960x722, 286K)

>poorfags can't afford local storage
ahahahahahaha

This

A lot of great music is being made these days. You just don't know about it. WJSNs LaLaLove is a great song about love and relationships and a great follow-up of their hit "Save You, Save Me". APink's latest album is wonderful. You need to into kpop and discover a wonderful world of great artists. /kpg/ over at /mu/ can help you out.

Attached: Cheng Xiao (WJSN) - She is so freaking cute ♥.webm (820x720, 2.62M)

but soulseek works on linux

What is it about then? I am genuinely curious.

I hope this is some noice pasta

Music piracy died with what.cd
Smloadr pretty much does the job for me. Private trackers and their ratio cucking are a failed model anyway

You can reencode the file as other formats or edit the file without loss. Stereo data is pretty scrambled by mp3 so it's not ideal for sampling and manipulating.

So, flac is just for editing. Thank you, I actually learned something on g.

that implies one likes shovel-head culture and speak dog-breath.