Is 5gHz wifi a meme?

Is 5gHz wifi a meme?

Attached: downloadfile-44.jpg (1000x1000, 159K)

When I last tested it (which was a while ago to be fair, maybe newer modems are better) you basically had to have line-of-sight between the devices to get an improvement over 2.4.

If you do have line-of-sight to your router then go for it.

Attached: meme.png (997x775, 66K)

5G will kill us all and that's a good thing

Op are you from the past?

No, there is no other way I can fully use my gigabit through WiFi over 2.4
And reception depends on both devices. Get a nice AP (they are not cheap tho) and a WiFi card or phone that's almost decent and you are set

5g will give us cancer since it will cause microheating in our dna

It is. I only have good reception in straight lines when my phone sees antennas. one brick wall makes the signal go down by half

I know 2,4ghz has better penetration but then again I am not that far behind that wall

Only devices with ac are phones so they got a bump in dl speeds of course and 2,4 got less crowded by 2 clients. I cant set my router to channel 14 on 2,4 and I cant setup open wrt sooo yeah, quite pointless update for me

my sister lives in the suburbs.
not even in an apartment and the 2.4ghz spectrum is so choked up that she has problem connecting to her router downstairs.
when i scan just for wifi i can scroll through a giant list of wifi routers that operate in the 2.4ghz frequency.

Wrong thread? That's 5G not 5GHz wifi band

>Only devices with ac are phones
In your household maybe

This topic isn't about your 5g fantasies, retard.

Since I live in a condoplex in the city, I pick up over a dozen 2.4ghz APs on my phone at any given time.

However, they are all cheap fucks so I'm the only one on the 5ghz band. Feels good man.

future proof for local stuff like game streaming over steam to your other devices or fast dlna casting. i don't need it.

It's fast, but does not have the penetration of 2.4ghz.

it says 5G right there on OPs picture
retard

Attached: clipboard.png (324x223, 53K)

>2.4ghz: 150mbps
>5ghz: 433 mbps
let's see . . .
carry the seven . . .
FFFFFFffffff, uhhhhhhh . . .

Attached: 1526341032569.gif (200x150, 184K)

Another expensive over-complicated hack to try and stagger up to sometimes, maybe, if the RF environment is good and there's no obstructions, a quarter of the speed of a ten-dollar ethernet cable.

ghz: 433 mbps
I can get faster than that with a 2x2 access point and a Galaxy Note8.

Attached: 2019-01-13 12.08.55.jpg (1439x651, 111K)

Attached: 1526290053584.jpg (720x736, 32K)

Not a meme when everyone around you also uses 2.4 ghz so the channels keep interfering with each other fucking up your wifi no matter how often you change the channel or set it to auto.

Neck yourself

Attached: 1546813162588.jpg (550x543, 83K)

I use DFS channels and it has been working fine for me for months, and I live in a fairly dense suburb.

Using 5ghz is what works fine for me. I just can no longer ever use 2.4

this is such a retarded fucking question no its not

>5g will give us cancer since it will cause microheating in our dna
Speak for yourself. I already applied 2 layers of tinfoil with grounding all over my walls.

It's pretty useless if you have concrete/brick walls between rooms.

the problem is you not asserting your dominance with superior signal power output.

>2.4ghz: 220 mbps
>5ghz: 6 mbps
Yes.

I seriously consider to put some tinfoil under my laptop when it's laying on me

I use 5G for gayming. Overall I saw less lag.

More stable, but less coverage area than the 2.4ghz band.

Only use it if you are in the same room as the modem.

did someone shoved it up his ass?

they are just brainlets who can't write GHz.