Firefox telemetry

Hey goys, I'm new to the whole privacy thing and I wanna know how to remove firefox telemetry completely. I've already installed ublock + nanodefender, as well as noscript (and already have whitelists configured). I know there are some about:config options i have to change, but I'm not sure which ones exactly, and the guides i'm finding are from ~2015. Also, I remember a site that rated programs as spyware/not spyware depending on how bad the telemetry was, and it had a black background; according to that site firefox was somewhat "spyware" and there was a guide it linked to to remove it completely but I cannot remember the site's name, and cant revisit it because I don't save my history

Attached: whocoulditbe.gif (256x300, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js
privacytools.io/#about_config
privateinternetaccess.com/blog/2018/09/firefox-hardening-guide/
spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html
liltinkerer.surge.sh/noscript.html
addons.mozilla.org/es/firefox/addon/tprb/
github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Otherwise, general privacy thread. so tips+best practices to avoid getting datamined.

github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js

If you let this thread die this fella will gain his freedom

Attached: fella.jpg (290x355, 32K)

thanks for the links, privacy tools looks like very well documented this is what i needed

looks like it is very well documented***

Attached: 4958ca1a38559a833b30933097b187a630015b8d397c495d58cc113a855c359w.jpg (371x480, 61K)

b o o t l i c k e r

install gnu icecat

isn't icecat a meme? I've seen it either suspiciously shilled or bashed. what are the advantages over a non telemetry tweaked firefox?

Let me know if you can disable the tracking that will place an ad bellow any George Soros fake news, shilling for him

i don't understand

>go to about:config
>search http
>blank every field with an url on it
>search "experiments"
>disable "experiments"
>search autocomplete
>disable url bar autocomplete
>change your search provider to cuckcuckgo
>disable the (((open)))h264 plugin
>disable any other plugin's auto-update
there you go thank me later
you can check the results with wireshark
abd btw nanodefender and noscript are botnet. ublock origin is enough and umatrix if you're extra autistic

thanks for those.

further hardening:

privateinternetaccess.com/blog/2018/09/firefox-hardening-guide/

how is nanodefender and noscript botnet? from what i remember tor browser used to run with noscript by default so shouldn't it be safe? thanks for the tips though

Icecat's pretty good, the meme is just that it follows the RMS philosophy to heart. Like, there's a bunch of "muh freedoms" extensions bundled with it. It's a more privacy focused browser than default firefox, I'll say that.

This is the site you're looking for: spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html

>Private Internet Access
>PIA
cracks me up everytime

yeah I know funny.

Doesn't hurt to make it harder for anybody other than (((them)) though.

thanks so much for the link, that was the site i was looking for. so the only thing wrong with ice cat is the fact that it has some extensions on by default? that seems like a silly thing to complain about, especially if they're for added privacy and not some bullshit telemetry

liltinkerer.surge.sh/noscript.html
not sure about nanodefender but it sounds unnecessary, and with any extra plugin you add you are increasing your attack surface

George Soros paid money to Mozilla, so everytime there's an article claiming he had ties with nazis, or otherwise not-agreeing with him, while using firefox you'll see a little box underneath said article stating it to be fake news, shilling in favor of Soros.

oof. well i think you're right, I'm gonna be sticking to just uBlock for now.

that's pathetic, i mean it has to be manually added in right? how else would the browser tell if it's "fake news" or if an article is actually debunking the "fake news"

Check this extension, or if anyone else has any suggestions for XSS blocker I'm interested

addons.mozilla.org/es/firefox/addon/tprb/

No problem! Yeah, that's just it, but the browser's great though, I have nothing against it. Using it as a secondary browser to Palemoon

just curious, would you recommend ddgo over startpage? or the other way around? because from what i've looked up so far startpage has the advantage of being verified every so often, so is there any reason not to use startpage over ddgo?

verified as to not have any privacy violations*

I used to use Startpage, it was pretty alright, I stayed away from ddg because I felt it was more advertised (implying probably less safe) than Startpage. But I now use ddg because their search results aren't based on Google's API, and the thing about google's search results is that they're heavily biased and censor a lot. That was enough reason for me to switch, though if you could care less, then just stick with Startpage because as far as I know, that was the only disadvantage. I've also heard Searx is a great alternative as well, if you're interested.

Why bother?
Firefox is already soros controlled, and sjwified
These settings will break pretty much any site, no way the normalfags will use them
And even if they don't break sites? You ironically bocome easier to trace
>hey Jim, which ones are the Enemies of the State again?
>just look at the ones blocking everything

no, they don't break sites. I literally haven't came to any site which they broke.
>And even if they don't break sites? You ironically bocome easier to trace
And I suppose you have proof of this statement, right?
No, because they don't. The stuff that sites can access (user agent, canvas properties, supported js features, language, resolution, OS etc) have nothing to do with whether telemetry is enabled or not. And any given device has pretty much a unique fingerprint already, so you aren't making it worse by not sending every URL to jewgle for (((safe browsing))).
>1337
checked
also add to that list anything with "telemetry" or "safe browsing" on it

Yeah I was researching for a bit and what you're saying is in concordance with what I've read. I've already been avoiding Google for a while due to censorship but now because of job reasons I have reasons to get serious about increasing my privacy. Thanks for the suggestion, will check out Searx as well.
>implying i'm a normie
that's where you're wrong, bucko. also, citation needed for part 2 of your (((post)))

Thanks for the suggestion.

quite being a defeatest cunt. if you aren't using a throwaway computer and somebody elses network it's a given that you are going to be traceable. we know this.

there is no reason though that you need to make anything easier for the advertisers dataminers and hackers out there though. if you weren't a millenial cunt, and had been there when the internet was new and not yet commercialized you would resent the shit show the internet has become also.

>in concordance

it's "in accordance"

your a idiet

I already resent the state of the internet despite being born in the 90s, so there's that (dunno what "millennial" mans, i'm yuropoor)
>no, they don't break sites
That is a relief gimme the list of stuff to change on my about:config, please, i'm a dumdum and i have no idea on what exactly to change (and i'm studying CS ironically enough)

as far as I know, both are correct.

>i'm a dumdum and i have no idea on what exactly to change

yes, yes you are a dum dum.

see:

read that shit dum dum

well fuck me, i'm the idiet

lot's of useful posts in the thread. just read up on some links posted.

aren't we all

Well, tried some of this stuff
And captcha shat itself royally, i'm using firefox, tampermonkey w 4chanX and Ublock
I set the captcha as the "only 9 squares" version.
I disabled them and now captcha werks again

Wat do?

do you mean reCaptcha?

It was network.http.referer.XOriginPolicy
If set to anything other than 0 well, side by side comparison. This 'ere thing

Attached: comparison.jpg (628x680, 113K)

yeah the referer setting will fuck with sites.

Imagine using a browser that requires you to go through all this hassle to turn off the botnet. Install ungoogled-chromium

it still has telemetry as far as i know, and all chromium based browsers will be cucked in the near future by crippling adblockers.

Use Waterfox, Firefox is literally SJW: the browser, second only to Brave.
>My fucking sides. Fuck off back to redddit you self-righteous virtue signaling homo.

exactly, chromium is better because you can't even turn off the botnet.

I cannot tell if this is supposed to be bait, but I am pretty sure that at least one person reading it will believe it anyway, so if not for you, at least for those people:
>STILL not knowing ungoogled-chromium is DIFFERENT from regular Chromium
github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium

do what said
the exact strings to modify change version to version, just use common sense

As much as I hate (((social justice))), as long as it doesn't interfere with the product and it's still FOSS, i couldn't care less if it's SJW: the browser.

So what you're saying is that ungoogled chromium won't get hit by the adblocker cripple? and that it respects my privacy?

>won't get hit by adblocker cripple
likely they'll add patches to keep the functionality in
>respects my privacy
it's as good as it gets

it doesn't matter, websites can still track you. only firefox or a fork of it gives you privacy.

this. at least they still provide a way to turn off the botnet
we all know it's different, but unless you scrutinize the source code yourself, there's no way to know to what extent the ungoogling patch actually removes the spyware.
on the other hand about:config can be relatively easily scrutinized by a human.
not to mention unlike firefox you have to compile it yourself, you're contributing to jewgle dominating the web with webkit, and there's no ungoogled chromium for android.

What do you guys think of glasswire? Is it useful for detecting telemetry?

Lord Almighty

/thread

>installing a proprietary program that logs everything you do on your computer and sends it to (((the cloud))) for further analysis
I don't see anything wrong with it t󠀀bh.

Most likely botnet
>proprietary
>buys shills
>Wangblows only
The last point makes it useless anyway. Use Wireshark.

I saw it being shilled on some tech channels, didn't know much of it so thanks, I'll definitely stay away from it now.