Why dont you study Cyber security ?

Its litterally the best in computer science
Its the hardest IT studies to study
Only the smartest can complete cyber security

We also do the most important IT jobs out there
saving the internet from criminals and foreign intelligence agencies

Infosec is BIGBRAIN only

Attached: 2e8syk.jpg (898x790, 58K)

Let us not forget the monastic lifestyle that comes with it as you are working flat our for every zeroday that appears.

Also you forget that intelligence agencies are major employers in cybsec and are regularly on recruiting drives. Case in point: Israel only last week.

>work for people that kill you the moment you leave
I'll pass.

I am studying cyber security, but everything I’ve seen has lead me to think that getting a CS degree would be harder.

>aiding the military industrial complex

the cybersecurity program at my intended school is under the school of criminal justice. That means the program is most likely filled with shitty classes about report writing, law, speaking in a court of law, and then a basic networking class thrown in at the end.

actual, real cybersecurity is handled by computer scientists.

Has anyone ever heard on anyone retiring alive from these agencies? I guess their pension plan is quite hot ... lead.

I want to work for nsa to spy and HACK other countries for nsa

Is Cybersec the way to go?

You will never achieve this. give up

Why not? I dont mind doing shady stuff for the goverment
Edward snowden was a fucking traitor and needs to get shot

hahahAAHHAHAHAHAHAH
> Its the hardest IT studies to study
no it's not

> Only the smartest can complete cyber security
I would say you gotta be smart enough to do IT but not gotta be smart enough to do CS to do cybersecurity. nice bait. you are dumb

everyone on g could be a security professional
(small, underagebrain)

Yikes.

>posts on Jow Forums asking "how can I become nsa man"
The don't hire autists user

Spotted the brainlet that works with help IT support

>hello sir please install antivirus i recommend fsecure here buy $65 per pc
>hello sir we set permission here to read only so hacker not can modify file
>hello sir we need firewall here i find this script online on russian hacker forum

ESL ramblings aren't very convincing

Kys

Sr Malware Analyst here.

We need more people that have real skills. We absolutely don't need anymore log monkey analysts- which is all a cyber security degree from most universities prepares you to be. We need more people that can conduct real testing. You will learn more from doing hacking challenges/trying to pop boxes on vulnhub or in CTFs than you will learn from whatever stupid ass cyber security program.

CS is oversaturated now IT and security is more lucrative now.

I’m a CS major but I take a bunch of cyber security classes as well. Thinking about getting a minor

Stupid fuck

Got some inputs to the /sec/ FAQ?

You don't need to be that smart, just slightly creative and have patience. You only have to have a big brain when doing reseaech or going after high targets. I've been working as a pentester for 7 months now and I'm pretty average when it comes to brain power

I find it a bit boring.

that's because pentesting isn't about finding exploits, it's about using exploits actually intelligent people have already found

Jow Forumstards really cant recognize satire

The crypto course I took was easily one of the more fun courses I've taken. But that was mostly because of the weird math, figuring out attacks/weaknesses in a cipher, that sort of stuff.

However, practical cyber security looks like a hellhole of trying to get people to sanitize their string inputs and still getting fucked due to social engineering and shit. Are there any jobs doing the fun math part and not the horrible practical part?

Dear god this

Ive learned 3x more so far on my own and in my schools computer security organization than I ever have in a classroom environment

Got any books or other sources you can recommend?

Stupid

No

The cyber-sec bubble has already burst though. Too late to get in now.