WHEN WILL THIS END. I HATE THIS. WHAT IS IT EVEN SUPPOSED TO SIGNIFY...

WHEN WILL THIS END. I HATE THIS. WHAT IS IT EVEN SUPPOSED TO SIGNIFY. FUCK SMARTPHONES AND WHAT THEY'VE DONE TO MODERN WEB DESIGN.

Attached: Hamburger_icon.svg.png (220x220, 2K)

the worse part is when they dont react to me pressing my phone's menu button to access it.

three is two many so you put everything in there that you want to hide from simpletons

I like menu bar

Attached: Sketch (57).png (358x129, 35K)

almost as bad as when apps dont react to me pressing my phone's search button.
looking at you, floens.

>hamburger menu
words literally triggers me, idk why. so. fucking. annoying

i dont have this problem with a guh-new lynn-x system without x or any other gui shit installed

Fucking Amerifats.

It's lines in the form of a list. You know, like a menu.

Attached: 1548200769171.png (1230x864, 54K)

>gear icon is so hard to understand
>lets make the icon a representation of a list of menu options instead
>three horizontal lines should be enough
>the normies that we cater to will surely know exactly what we meant by this

The problem is the gear has become a representation of "settings" which is not alwasy synonymous of menu.

I just agile developed this cloud elastic storage management solution for my startup. You should totally join us user

Why are desktop sites using this?

>hur dur adapting design to better fit smaller screens bad

Means logically equivalent to, retard

I've always thought these were supposed to represent the kind of bumps you usually get on F and J keys, as well as some TV remote buttons. Guess I was wrong

>list of menu options
Firefox already failed this with its grid of buttons with icons.

gears did nothing wrong

This really is the worst part. The hardware buttons on phones were actually useful and before android5 you could rebind them. Having a force close on holding teh back button and a context menu that isn't hidden in the top corners or on a swipe is much better.

you don't know if the screen is smaller

It literally just means "show more options", why are you seething so hard over such an obvious concept??

Americans are so fat they look at GUIs and see burgers. Americans know to reach for a burger, and they know it's a button.

Attached: 1538337839142.jpg (480x624, 63K)

why would you print that on a mug

It's a list symbol for accessing the options that aren't worth their own button.

Waste of vertical space(alongside that title bar). Bookmarks deserves it's own button and everything else gets put under the list button.

Everyone uses \Leftrightarrow for this.
It's more often used for congruence in modular arithmetic.

>hating hamburgers
come on user have some taste

Its a menu icon. Like:
Menu Item 1
Menu Item 2
Menu Item 3

Its called hamburger menu because it look like a hamburger.

Gears are settings.

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

lineage OS still lets one do this

>hamburger button
>it didn't give me any

You save vertical space with that button you stupid fuck come on Jow Forums get it together

I prefer this icon.

Attached: file.png (512x512, 36K)

Three gay men?

>All these faggots triggered by an icon that's been around for nearly 40 years.

Attached: winpecolors.png (640x350, 3K)

It's almost as if we should be able to make better interfaces / menus now
it's almost as if we have more visual processing power for graphics for a UI
it's almost as if we have higher resolution screens with room to actually have more than 3 fucking monochrome lines.

eurofags absolutely SEETING
burger menus forever

I bet you suck at UI design.

listen, it's not my job to explain it to you.

== it's literally ==
== a pictograph of ==
== menu items ==

I am apathetic of it. But people calling it a hamburger officially is bad. Informally is fine but not officially. I will disregard you if you do this.

Fuck your pancake menus...
WHAT IS THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PANCAKE AND PANCAKE WITH SYRUP?

Attached: trash.png (1366x768, 130K)

I don't get this joke

nice die

Attached: penis.png (512x512, 50K)

WHITE PEOPLE AT LEAST LABEL SHIT WITH HUMAN-COMPATIBLE LANGUAGE.
SEE, KDE - EVERYTHING IS OBVIOUS, NO BULLSHIT, EVERYTHING HAS EXPLAINING LABEL, EVEN MY 90 YO GRANNY CAN USE KDE

Attached: 778.png (1089x660, 112K)

DID YOU KNOW WHY AIRPLANES USE PLAIN ENGLISH WORDS, BUT NOT FUCKING PANCAKE LOGOS?
BECAUSE FUCKING PILOTS AREN'T 3 YO MANLETS, THEY CAN READ, ALSO IT IS SAFER, SINCE IT ELIMINATES MISUNDERSTANDING

FUCK PANCAKE MENUS.

Attached: 6543.jpg (3520x2102, 1.39M)

>Waste of vertical space(alongside that title bar)
Not when most of the time you end up with bullshit like this where the retarded padding and thick buttons eat up most of the space you were supposed to save with the hamburger menu.

Attached: 1355674603164.jpg (720x500, 65K)

At least they're easier to click then, it's still better than the worst of both worlds with three bars of tiny buttons.

So we want every web page to be verbose and look like a cockpit while covering the entire screen?
I'm not sure that's a good idea...

Attached: 28-02-2015_01-12-49_image.jpg (640x618, 77K)

based and agreed 100%