Name a technological innovation that happened in the last 50 years. And I mean innovation...

Name a technological innovation that happened in the last 50 years. And I mean innovation, not an improvement on an existing technology.

Attached: serveimage(15).jpg (1200x675, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mashable.com/2017/06/15/diy-girls-solar-powered-tent-homeless/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

graphene
a bunch of new chemical atoms were made

unironically, bitcoin

Laser

The internet

Minecraft

surgery on a grape

Attached: surgery_on_a_grape.jpg (480x325, 18K)

Innovation is, by definition, improvement upon an existing technology.
You're probably looking for the word invention.

Attached: Screenshot_20190201-125743.png (2048x1528, 510K)

The iPhoneâ„¢

fidget spinners

Literally this. OP is the ultimate brainlet.

>And I mean innovation, not an improvement on an existing technology.
Everything is improvements on existing technology.

You are probably some smug neckbeard who is waiting for someone to say "the smartphone" or "personal computer", so you can say "ah ha! There were still computers before 50 years ago, they just weren't small yet. Checkmate!"

But before computers, the idea of programming already existed, with machines that operated by punch cards, or programmable looms. Both many centuries old technology. And we've had the abacus, an early math computer for thousands of years.

It's all improvements.It's pretty rare for there ever to be an invention that solely exists on its own without being built on earlier ideas of some form.

>You are probably some smug neckbeard
Actually a historian and philosopher of technology. I just wanted to point out that for all the rhetoric in the media we haven't accomplished that much as a species in recent years.

Yes, my bad. Wrong word, I have been drinking. No need to crucify me.

Doesn't count.

Hm... It's an amalgam of different technologies, it can count.

Older than 50 years.

>It's pretty rare for there ever to be an invention that solely exists on its own without being built on earlier ideas of some form.
Steam engine, the loom, the plough, axe, shovel, oars, soap,... Many things, just hardly any in the last 50 years.

>Steam engine, the loom, the plough, axe, shovel, oars,
All slight improvements over bare hands.

Deep-fried Mars bars.

Quantum computing

GPS

Nah.

Good one.

Another good one.

So far: quantum computers, GPS

GMO

internet
image boards
>greentext

CRISPR
the internet and the WWW

You're kidding with being a philosopher and historian of technology right?

Read this user's post OP.

But, if we're going to be honest, Cable Television was actually kind of a technological innovation since it pioneered how we consume entertainment today. Look at Netflix, Youtube, or any major video-sharing service and tell me it doesn't feel like TV to some extent. Hell I'd dare say major video streaming services are just like TV, except we have choice on what we wanna watch, when we wanna watch it OP.

So with that in mind, I think that is one hell of an innovation because it modernized how we'd consume entertainment. No more did we have to go to the theaters just to catch disney movies. Instead we could do it at the comfort at our own homes with VHS, DVDs, Blu-Rays, and Cable as well as Satellite. Checkmate, faggot.

> technological innovation
> not an improvement on an existing technology
That is the definition

They're all right, OP.

nano technology

First MICROprocessor (Intel 4004)

>Name a technological innovation that happened in the last 50 years.
Do your own homework.

Flash memory, touchscreen, internet(depends what date you pick for it)

Not to mention we have shit like Android, the entire creation of Linux

*as well as the entire creation of Linux

the sole invention responsible for the modern age is the semiconductor. otherwise we'd still be stuck in the 1950s technologically

Good game.

microwave, VHS, Laser Disc, CD

just out of curosity, what was the first ever commercialized medium for home users to buy and play movies from? who was it produced by?

My girlfriends and I invented a solar tent
mashable.com/2017/06/15/diy-girls-solar-powered-tent-homeless/
women in STEM for the win!
betamax

This but unironically. And the transistor.

True, however I'd like to think we would have improved on existing tube technology to the point where mini tubes and IC-like tubes would have been developed, kinda like how CRT tech was going before LCD killed it.

Betamax. Sony.
How is this an invention? I did this very thing a few years ago when I went camping. Girl don't invent, they just take credit for man's inventions. Sad.

CRISPR

I put a solar panel on a tent, therefore i invented a solar tent to help the homeless.

SAD!