What should I look for in an ebook reader?

Attached: ereaders.jpg (2818x2013, 3.37M)

koreader support

books inside it would be useful

the option to sideload books without having to use online accounts of software provided by the manufacturer. you can bypass registration for the kobo with a quick edit to the SQL on the device but it's still a mark against them they they theoretically *require* you to sign up imo.

Redpill me on koreader, user. it just looks like a shitty replacement for the onboard os.

>What should I look for in an ebook reader?
Just make sure the vendor isnt a nigger

>being this retarded
its a ebook reader, the interface is gonna be basic as fuck regardless. with stock interfaces they just dick you around by not letting certain file formats. having goofy menus to zoom and scale things, no autocrop

no need to get aggresive mate

oh i see, so it actually does have better pdf support. i'll have to keep that in mind.

rooting it wont make the screen three inches wider

Pocketbooks are good. They're based on gnu and can do stuff like internet browsing, calculator and minigames such as chess or sudoku etc. They support pdfs, pdbs epubs and so on.

Kobo's the best make, I've got the mini on the left in your pic. Totally hassle-free, can dump any file from txt to pdf and have native support. There's an internet browser and some other little features too, but no amazon spyware. Otherwise readers are all the same really, and if you've got software to convert types of ebook files (which you may have even if you have a kobo, just for file mangemnt) then they really are all the same functionally as well.
You should get a kobo, but more importantly you should get the size that suits you.

what filetype doesn't a kobo do?

Get a Kobo Forma.

Just get a Kindle Paperwhite like everyone else and be happy.

Hey anons I got a Likebook Mars recently, if I want to read manga on this thing should I set image refresh to every page to avoid ghosting?

Is the Kindle Paperwhite any good? Can you read files directly off the SD card with it, or will you be locked into their account system (because that'd be a dealbreaker)?

paperwhite is good. It doesnt have a SD card slot though so you're limited to the onboard storage (which isnt an issue if you dont read weeb books or comics). You can read most everything but epub directly from the USB mass storage, but you do have to use Calibre to read pirated epubs. I like mine but I would probably get a kobo if I had to buy another.

Big
Get the kobo aura one or the kindle oasis

Mango support.

Can Android based ereaders like the Likebook run Ankidroid?

>that image

Jesus Christ, was the author mentally retarded?

Kindle Oasis is the best you can get. its well balanced and weighted for long holding and holding it on the side is far better than the bottom.

I would recommend kindle (even though i hate amazon the company) nearly everything you want is the best price on amazon. If you are going to pirate, kobo or amazon will be fine.

If you are going to be reading pdfs i wouldnt bother with any of them. just buy a used ipad. PDFs are just so hit and miss. They either are difficult to read or they are difficult to navigate or both.

>Ankidroid
I just tried installing it + a downloaded flashcard set and it works fine.

Yes. The new update improves things a lot and if you set a refresh delay around 1000ms the ghosting in Tachiyomi is pretty much gone.

Epub support at the very least. I've been using the Nook Glowlight Plus for a few years and have been happy with it.

Attached: Nook-Glowlight-Plus-Angle.jpg (800x550, 79K)