Can Jow Forums shill me on a GPU with 8gb Vram?

Can Jow Forums shill me on a GPU with 8gb Vram?

I would get a 2060 but 6gb isn't enough for me as id like to future proof and never spend this much for a good few years

I've seen many many reviews talk about this card or others with Micron DDR6 memory just flat out dying and fucking up, has that been fixed it would i be playing the lottery trying to buy one, I'm coming from a GTX 1060 3gb, it's been fine up until i run out of fucking Vram

>Inb4 phone poster

Attached: SmartSelect_20190201-191706_Chrome.jpg (1072x1374, 403K)

rx580

Side note, I've looked at newegg and other places and Amazon apparently has the best deal, may still get it at Microcenter (local shop) to support them though, as they price match

If i really have to then that's the last resort, i like Nvidia but fuck them and Intel for their prices, honestly why I'm going ryzen sometime after this GPU

Attached: 1496348411959.webm (810x720, 203K)

Go on ebay and get an 8gb rx 580 for cheap

RX 580/590

A 2060 is obviously quite a bit faster though.

6GB should be enough as long as you aren't running stuff at 4K.

It looks like most of the 580s on ebay are ex-mining cards. Is it a bad idea to buy a mining card?

vega56

Wut, nigga u retarded or wat.

Attached: 0.jpg (1105x583, 218K)

Rtx is garbage
Get a 1080ti it's much faster than the 2070 and has 11gb of ram

vega56

Any his places to find those then? Every makes me think ill get a dead mining card

I wouldn't recommend one with radeon 7 and navi coming out this year
If it was early18/late17 last year I might
Had one it was shit no better than a 1080 or 1070ti stock around 1060-1070 level unless u play the absolute latest games

>2060 is faster than 580/590
>but 590 is faster than 1060
Nice reading comprehension

Worth the gamble
Rtx is such a flop it put nvidia stock in the shitter which would have happened regardless of the mining bust its a terrible overpriced shit that didn't sell for obvious reasons mainly horrible marketing price creep useless features their core market doesn't care about and broken hardware/drivers as well as the only thing that matters
No games
Dxr isn't even that new now and they have nothing out almost a year later just bfv a couple of benchmarks and that's it.
Id wager it's dead tech till amd shits out a dxr gpu and shoves in in 9.5gen consoles like a Ps5 pro or xbox two x and Arcturus on pc so that's a good 5 years away.
Just a bad time to buy a gpu
U got ancient 16nm or 12nm
7nm won't ramp up till next year and prices will hold until the industry pulls its head out of its ass.
Blame dram makers as well

I'll just say, that in multiple games on 1080p, I break into 7gb of vram usage. Now some games I can play at 4k, and they stay just below 8. But I have more 1080p games using 7+gig.

8 gig is not a meme. And I expect I will have to replace my Vegas 64 this year because 8gb isn't enough above 1080p or even 1080 on ultra in same games.

Alright,
Thanks, ill probably end up getting one then
What games do you play?, Only out of curiosity, but yeah thanks it helps to hear this too
I was kinda thinking the same thing, would be better to just wait ™ for navi if i was gonna go for Vega stuff,
Still going to look for some 1080 ti's at a decent price but if i don't then ill end up with a 2070

Attached: download_20190130_231216.jpg (360x780, 46K)

listen, i know you want the 2070. it's a beast, it's well positioned in the performance lineup, too. if you have a 1440p monitor or higher get the 2070. if youre on 1080p get a cheap vega 56 or 64. also cards that are mined are fine. they are usually undervolted. i was using a 7970 up to this year that I sold on ebay that was mined on that I got in fucking 2013

Navi will be shit. Vega 56 is here right now and already cheap plus easily undervoltable.
But sure, buy a Navi GPU for 600 bucks that's like 20% faster while being as power hungry while a Vega 56 that costs 300 bucks and can easily be ran at 180W while still beating a 1080 in most games while being also 8GB, exactly what OP wants.

Only bad thing about Vega 1 is that it's performance is basically taped.
It's more powerful on paper than it really is and it's now 2 years old so unless by some miracle every game gets prim shaders discard and compute heavy shader it not gonna improve much because of the front end. Gcn iscBottlenecked at the front end for eternity
Turing on the other hand has room to grow since its brand new its a shame nvidia just didn't make a cheaper high end gtx like everyone wanted and shoving rtcrap at everyone like its just come out of the closet.
If I absolutely had to buy a rtx card. I'd either get a titan or 2080ti
Everything under it is memory and bandwidth starved especially the 5gb 2060 and 2070 2080
Consider amd when they unfuck their shit.
T. 56 ex owner
Let's be honest I don't think they are gonna crack 2080/1080ti perf in games this decade gcn just can't do it comfortably it either needs insane optimisation or clocks.
That fucking bottleneck reeeeeee it's not like they had 8 years to fix it.
God I wish they'd dump graphics core next for high end

lol vramlet
seeunironically though.
why do you like nvidia? an rx580 8gb outperforms even a 6gb 1060. you could sell your 3gb and get a card that's got more than double the amount of vram. i wish i got an 8gb instead of a 4gb rx570 a couple years ago but it made sense for the price point before shit got fucked by miners and such.

powercolor red dragon vega 56 if it's $339 where you are. these ones easily undervolt to about 185w and pump out 1080 speeds with a memory overclock.