2015+4

>2015+4
>using any other Linux distro than Arch
If you don't use Arch then you should honestly quit Linux entirely and go use a Windows or Mac. It would be good fucking riddance.

Attached: th.jpg (474x355, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KSQxPnKwNc8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Install Gentoo.

fag

I'm not a ricer, I have actual work to do. Little nigger.

>doesnt use the good version of arch

Im keking at your life right now

Attached: 6435ec069cc1cafea2fca0fdae34f0d8cc10cc93.png (640x480, 3K)

fpbp

Imagine falling to peer pressure that compels you to go through the pain of figuring out a faux-DIY install so you can post in desktop threads.

I'm using the white man's distro. It's similar to NixOS, but configured with lisp and fully libre. The shepherd service manager is also nice (configured with lisp).
I didn't touch a single configuration file aside from my /etc/config.scm for months.

Attached: Guix_logo.svg.png (1200x1090, 66K)

>doesnt use the good version of arch
*AHEM*

Attached: Parabola_Gnu_Linux-libre.svg.png (670x160, 19K)

LE EBIC MEEM MAN LOOOOOOG SMIFFFFFF ARGS LENEGGS BEST LENEGSS INSTAL ARGS LOL DAB DAB DAB MEME TED WAS RITE LOL I SAID IT ON MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

>2015+4
>Still making these shitposts thinking people care
If you still make these sorts of posts you should honestly quit life and KYS. It would be good fucking riddance

Attached: Smug.png (1280x1280, 67K)

terrible package management

void is better

>not running LFS
absolute plebs

Lmao Jow Forums in one line.

This

>implying I don't actually have work to do on my machine
Yeah, no thanks.

So does anyone here unironically use Arch for daily use and not memeing?

yes, i do

Don't fall for the memes, it's a good distro. I use it as a daily driver.

Yes.

Yes, unironically. It takes a little longer to set up and you shouldn't fatfinger through everything because proper configuration matters, but after that it's solid as fuck as a daily driver and updates very very rarely break anything. Much stabler than Ubuntu and it's a fucking rolling distro. You can go for Antergos as well if you want to take some shortcuts.

Forgot to mention, I'm not a ricer and actually use my battlestation to work remotely and homelab, no problems whatsoever derived from using Arch.

Probably at this point, if I had to use Linux as my main machine rather than something I just boot up into VM for particular tasks, I'd use Arch.

But fuck Linux. BSD is way better.

Yes, though I don't understand all the fuss over arch from both sides.
I understand that its possible for an update to break it, but the only problem my 4 year install has had was a version mismatch with the nvidia kernel module.
People that say it's the best distro are silly, there is no best distro.

Used Ubuntu from 10.04 to 14.10, literally all version bumps broke my system.

yes, its the distro that requires the least amount of maintenance, so why not.
initial setup takes a bit longer but once you create a dotfiles repo setting up new machines is fast.

I installed arch for the first time with no videos, only the basic install guide yesterday. It took less than an hour and it wasn't hard. Maybe it's because I have a clue.

No one actually runs LFS, while many people actually use Gentoo.

>made by a project created by a jew
>white man's distro

oy vey

Attached: Screenshot_20190202_172750.png (859x404, 31K)

The good version of Arch is the one that doesn't exist.

That's kinda the point though. Arch isn't hard, it's dysfunctional.

Artix but yes, no memeing.

pic related is the real white man's distro. I haven't had to touch any config files yet.

Attached: based.png (2000x2000, 112K)

Just werks.

Attached: lesbian.png (322x400, 20K)

Was going to use Fedora at work, got it running perfectly on my laptop on evening. Then I took it tot the office and plugged it into my dock. I promptly swapped my Windows SSD back in. I'll try again in 10 years.

based, good distros. Even though all of them are different I think they all could merge forces into branches of the same project, we need to be together.
memes, no purpose over already existent distros.
>windows on SSD
like a pig in a skateboard

Currently using Ubuntu 18.04 with Unity because fuck you that's why.

What went wrong? I'm using Fedora with multiple different TB3 docks and so far I had no issues.

>Unity
you mean skinned Gnome

Unity is a piece of shit, I can't believe something was even uglier than early gnome 3

Gnome sucks for productivity.

>my GUI stops me from being productive
come on, you are just retarded. But sorry if you're a senil 50y old man, since your mind just barely learned Windows 95 yesterday
youtu.be/KSQxPnKwNc8

Gnome sucks for everything, I was just being a smart-ass.

I'm a senile 31y old man. But thanks for the vid I'll give it a watch.

Welp I truly am senile at 31. Thanks for the vid.

I've been using Arch for years and it's great. But now I'm switching to Fedora Silverblue. It takes a much more modern approach and I can see this becoming the future of all Linux distros.

It didn't switch resolution correctly when I connected the dock. and If I made one of the external monitors the primary, it wouldn't switch the laptop display back to primary when disconnected. Basically unusable to me because I go from client to client with many different docks or external monitors.

>does everything the hard way
>look how l33t I am mom

I'll grab you a monster zero ultra.

Dynamic multi-monitor support was very important to me when switching to Fedora. I didn't have any issues so far even when disabling the internal display like you described. What release were you running? I suggest you to try 29, it's way better than previous releases I've heard.

lol Gnome
>MS pisses everyone off by removing the start menu
>Users start flocking to Mac and Linux
>Gnome HQ: We better do the same thing that MS did to piss off their users
>Gnome HQ: Why does our market share suck?

Attached: 31yo.jpg (234x215, 7K)

>Why does our market share suck?
>by far the most popular and widely installed DE

Fedora 29 KDE spin. Is Gnome any better?

But compared to Mac and Windows

It might be because of KDE. I used Gentoo with KDE before that and noticed multi-monitor support to be pretty disappointing. I think I even ran into your exact problem once with it once. It also takes relatively long to switch screen layouts around. GNOME on Wayland (default for Fedora) switches near-instantly and didn't ever break for me so far.

Does Arch run on MIPS? 68k? SPARC?
Ironically, arch linux barely runs on any arch

I'll have to give that a try. Thanks for the advice.

this
>dropped protected-mode support
>no RISC support