>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti | If you can't afford to spend 350 dollar on a CPU go with AMD.
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3400CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060, RX 570, RX 580 are standard choices for older, less demanding or very well optimized titles
>RTX 2060 thanks to 6gb vram only good for 1080p or as a short-term solution; consider 1070/Ti or Vega56 ONLY if on sale
1440p
>RTX 2070; consider 1070/Ti or Vega 56 ONLY if on sale
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is the standard choice but Vega7 launch is soon so better wait
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: 1548908505949.png (1680x1591, 1.36M)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAC0F7F34576&Description=t3500 x5675&cm_re=t3500_x5675-_-1VK-0001-1F894-_-Product
forums.anandtech.com/threads/what-were-the-best-lga-1366-workstations.2434197/
anandtech.com/show/13902/asrock-unveils-b450-and-b450m-steel-legend
asus.com/Motherboards/TUF-B450M-PRO-GAMING/specifications/
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/6FyPWD
au.pcpartpicker.com/product/7nYWGX/asus-radeon-rx-vega-64-8gb-rog-strix-video-card-rog-strix-rxvega64-o8g-gaming
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/HVvwXP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want to continue the discussion on 12 thread 6gb ram old workstations for $100.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAC0F7F34576&Description=t3500 x5675&cm_re=t3500_x5675-_-1VK-0001-1F894-_-Product

thoughts? should I get it from ebay or newegg? should I go HP or dell?

I have an old 2011 hp laptop and want to update my LAN driver. Do i NEED to use the ones found for my model laptop on hp's site or can I use ones found on a third party site?

best card is rx480 or rx580 for price. very low price and very ok for modern games. can run everything. price for it is used 140 euro here :D cant get anything more modern and better for such price

get it and post your results here, don't get a 1050 though, RX570 is a must.

I like how you are unable to read even the most simple instructions or specs

Would like more input from anons.
pros cons from choosing one over the other.

and tell me why you need such expensive video card, eh ? what do you do

steve doesn't look too good :(

Why the fuck is nowhere selling used Dell P2418D's? I don't want to pay £250 for one new. I need a couple to go with The S2417DG I got to replace the two 1080P monitors I currently have along side it. Does anyone know if this monitor really exists or of an alternative Dell model which has the same no-bezel, 24" and 1440p specs?

workstation aren t rly worth it because the motherboard aren t made to overclock these cpus and any xeon x56XX is shit if it isn t overclocked

Attached: DSC05972w.jpg (700x555, 417K)

forums.anandtech.com/threads/what-were-the-best-lga-1366-workstations.2434197/
read more there I am to lazu to do that

I have an extra am4 mobo, a 256gb SSD, a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and an 8gb stick of 2133 ddr4 RAM lying around
I want to have a secondary computer just to use as a music production workstation
Will a 200ge + an htpc case w/ built-in psu work? I'd rather not spend more than $125 on this

can a dell t3500 power a 570?

yes, this was a pretty powerful workstation, not an office typewriter with internet access.

I like to draw/animate, use cuda features with meme learning software, and game occasionally (my games actually depend more on CPU, and ram then GPU though), and I think that it's time for a GPU upgrade for me.
>new more powerful GPU for me, and hand off old GPU, and old steam account to relative who wants to PC game.
Did I pass your scrutiny, and have I earned your permission to buy a GPU?

it can power it up most likelly but the mobo of these workstation can t overclock so .. .

>overclock
who said something about overclocking? What's wrong with you?

I have a 2080 Strix, its a 2.7 slot card apparently, do i remove the 2nd 3rd and 4th gpu slot things on the case? :v

Do the mininum required to make it fit u sperg

can't I later on pick up a used motherboard for it for like $40 on ebay, and then overclock it, making my total budget for a 570/xeon/8gb ram pc $240. I have a feeling nothing comes close to that performance for 240

Anyone??

what the fuck this is nutty why does no one talk about these more often
>inb4 "but it doesnt perform as well as a $500 prebuilt"
no shit but it can be had for like 1/3 the price

idk what the minimum is

ok ty

U can probably leave the 3rd gpu slot cover on id imagine

Can i plug in any front panel connector plug(power button, reset button, hdd led etc.) into any socket that fits in that little rectangle of pins or will that fuck shit up?

are you retarded

Will map to the wrong functions if you plug it in wrong. Like reset is power

>40 dollars mb on ebay
u talking about the Chinese mb? cause the ones that are from respectable manufacturers are all over 120-130 dollars used

>look up on planned monitor releases for 2019
>only confirmed 32" 4K high refresh to be made is curved
>most 4K high refresh that are above or below 32" are flat

JUST

How many years do we have to be monitorlets?

Attached: 1522424399827.jpg (453x455, 43K)

"No"

>Ryzen 5 2600x
>$100+ ATX B450 motherboard
>you're favourite ATX case with 2 intake fans and 1 exhaust
>16 GB 3200 MHz CL16 RAM
>GTX 1070 Ti (used for 70% MSRP) or RTX 2060
>you're favourite 1440p monitor
>1 TB SSD Samsung Evo 860
>4 TB HDD, any brand
Rate.

If B450, I'd go mATX while there still are a few Mortar in stock. Wouldn't favour the 2600X over the 2600 outside of sales.

>1070 ti/2060
And what exactly do you do that warrants the use of expensive GPUs?

Why is the 8700k more expensive than the 9700k?

Or did intel acknowledge their mistake with 9th gen?

Using a 1440p monitor apparently. And having the excess cash for that.

>Why is the 8700k more expensive than the 9700k?
Rarer, and you can delid it to avoid an housefire.
>Or did intel acknowledge their mistake with 9th gen?
They're scheduling to release CPUs without the iGPU and plan to price them even HIGHER than the ones that have an iGPU.

Brainlet here, first time building
mobo manual says channel a is a1, a2 and channel b is b1, b2
so to use dual channel do i install in a1, b1..? or a1 a2..?

consult mobo manual

First and Third Slots are always Dual Channel. So if A is the first two slots and B is the latter half, It'd be A1 B1.

>Higher prices
>no iGPU
Fucking Intards'll defend M-MUH PORFARMENCE

Of course. They should be OC'ing a bit higher. Truly a work of art.

>r7 cpus don't have an igpu
But it's okay.

Good point, but they're not as ridiculously priced as much as say Intel's stuff here in Canada with tax included last time I checked PCPartPicker.

Ryzen, I can see no iGPU, but INTEL!? Jesus christ you'd have to be off something to spend nearly 500 dollars for what you can get for 200 to 300 for a CPU that performs just as well.

If only it only was in Abootland.

Ironically, the lack of iGPU makes them completely worthless for Adobe fanatics. But Intel really want that gaming buxx right now.

4/5
Go for X470 for overclocking if you can, other than that, game set and match. Make sure to also stock up on M.2 NVMe SSDs as well since more motherboards are carrying it built in.

>Go for X470 for overclocking if you can
Mortar/Tomhawk now do negative voltage offset; I could see the point for a 2700X, but I think a decent B450 will do fine for a 2600X.

They aren't that ridiculously priced anymore you mean.

I bet you my bottom dollar they'll be milking out e$ports entirely and just make gaming systems solely built by Intel and Nvidia graphics cards. Just you wait. Throw out AMD systems out the window entirely.

>But Intel really want that gaming buxx right now.
Which is stupid, because of pc gaming died a few years ago.

Really? Well color me surprised. Well you can't really.. Color the emotion surprised now can you? I was always sketchy about MSI so hearing about this is actually kind of good news to hear.

Well, last time I checked anyway. I just gotta see if it's gotten worse.

Console peasant: Spotted.

All serious now lad, PC Gaming has actually grown stronger than ever. Sure yeah, there's more talk about consoles these day, but PC Gaming has made a resurgence somewhat. I mean look around Jow Forums board and if you're that much of a cancerous plebe, the PCMR subreddit.

does anyone know if the TUF B450M-PRO GAMING supports 3600mhz ram?

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg (550x548, 24K)

Well I also heard that some people had issues getting their hands on these two boards, so y'know... A shame, considering those BIOS updates essentially buries every other ATX/mATX B450 board (aside from the Pro4 by virtue of being cheaper).

Speaking about AsRock, they're going to release a couple of B450 boards as well for some reason, even though you'd think that they'd focus on B550/X570 or whatever.
>anandtech.com/show/13902/asrock-unveils-b450-and-b450m-steel-legend

Why do retards still buy AIOs ? Why do youtubers shill and make it seem like custom loops are at all practical or viable for anyone besides rich kids wasting money?

Liquid cooling is literally a scam.

Attached: ff.gif (240x422, 1.11M)

>Console peasant: Spotted
I haven't owned a console since I bought an Xbox 360 that redringed out of the box.
PC gaming is dead. Microsoft, and steam killed it a while ago user.

This user, right here, what a fuckin unit.

>AMD Ryzen™ 2nd Generation/ Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics/ Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics/ Ryzen™ 1st Generation Processors
>4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 3533(O.C)/3466(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666/2400/2133 MHz Un-buffered Memory
>Dual Channel Memory Architecture
>ECC Memory (ECC mode) support varies by CPU.
>* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
>* Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).

asus.com/Motherboards/TUF-B450M-PRO-GAMING/specifications/

tl

dr

no

Maybe I'm just in denial, but I feel PC Gaming has grown stronger than ever. It's been "dying" for the last past twenty years or so. Hell, by the time PC gaming dies, We'll already have actual ways to emulate PCs without issue or failure.

>but I feel PC Gaming has grown stronger than ever
I think so as well. The technological stagnation of consoles really opened the path... even though there are fewer PC exclusives.

Viva la PC my brother?

At least until Chinese and South Koreans stop buying GPUs for PUBG and other e-sport stuff. When that happens, we'll be fucked.

What is the best 1440p high resfresh rate monitor out there value wise? Is vsync / gsync worth it? Thanks

>Based apathetic tech jesus
Really though,the channel has turned into an XOC channel, they haven't reviewed an individual piece of new hardware since pre CES. Which is abysmal seeing as so much launched at CES. It's just all XOC stuff

XOC?

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/6FyPWD

For a friend, the LC Vega 64 is fairly cheap in Austin, considering the Vega VII will probably launch at over 1K and it has an many CU as Vega VII, seems like a decent deal

Not falling for non-X CPU meme, want better clocks for more stable high refresh rate. I got a 2600 and its voltage req for approaching 4GHz all core is stupid

Australia, not Austin

Extreme OC.

It works, but the MasterCase is nothing special. Nah, honestly I just find it fucking uggo. Ad for the GPU, the STRIX is cheaper apparently, I'd pick that one up instead.
>au.pcpartpicker.com/product/7nYWGX/asus-radeon-rx-vega-64-8gb-rog-strix-video-card-rog-strix-rxvega64-o8g-gaming

I saw the strix, but I think I'd rather give him the LC as it boosts higher, and with the rad in exhaust, the heat won't be recylced by other parts above. My whole system of my 2600/rx580 runs at +25°C over room temp because the GPU pumps out so much heat even at idle.

As for the case, he likes it and it has good flow, so not much point in changing.

I'd personally get the h500m for myself if the comp wasn't in my room

Honestly mate? go for anything NZXT. I own an S340 and have never looked back.

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/HVvwXP Here's my parts list for anyone who wants a look.

What are my upgrade options?

Attached: 1st gen i7.jpg (701x546, 168K)

Get faster sticks of RAM, and check for any GPUs that might not actually bottleneck your system. Other than that, you're in the clear amigo.

Either that, or do a complete overhaul and find a way to keep the drive.

>Ryzen 2600
>MSI gaming pro carbon
>define s2
>intake 280 rad with 2 140 exhausts
>16gb 3200 CL16
>1080ti
>1440p monitor
>500gb evo 860
>2TB & 4TB barracudas
I did pretty good I reckon

Someone send that to steve

Good job mate. I'd say 1080ti is a bit overkill, but you know what they say, ain't quite no kill like overkill.

Should I really wait for ddr5, because when it gets released they'll be expensive as fuck and it won't be affordable for consumers for a long time, right?

I mean I got it used with 2yrs warranty left for RRP of the 2060 so yea overkill for sure but well within my budget.

Also as someone who’s only ever used 24” 1080p going to 27” 1440p was night and day.

I can't believe gtx1000s are STILL this expensive lol wtf

Game set and fucking match my guy.

Preaching to the choir buddy.

>Ryzen 2600
>ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming
>NZXT S340
>be quiet! pure rock slim
>two basic bitch case fans that came with the case
>EVGA FTW2 iCX 1070
>1080p monitor
>1TB Barracuda

Rate. Planning on getting an SSD and backing up the OS to that as to free 70 GB of space for more games.

>16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 MHz
Forgot to mention the RAM

lol @ that pic

>hard drive died
>got shiny new Western Digital to replace old Seagate
>reinstalled windows [spoiler]07[/spoiler] and made sure to hunt down and disable all telemetry updates
>for some reason Jow Forums thumbnails are blurry now, yet full images are clear as always
Fuck
Why

Nice spoiler tags. Retard.

[spoiler]Thanks[/spoiler]

you're not a retard

Well.. Aren't you charming

[spoiler]Acting all rude and such[/spoiler]

C:

y-you too

Get raped and kill yourself you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

Anonmance confirmed? Why the fuck is it not in /b/ of all places this is happening?

pamper yourself and be alright you fine person

Will do. Shall I get the bath salts and fall asleep in the tub like a lazy jackass?

The RAM speed is not reading correctly. its 1333
bottleneck calculators are telling me its the CPU.
I dont want to do an overhaul at this point, not satisfied with the current gen stuff, and older stuff is still expensive.

I'm thinking of upgrading to a Xeon, or a 990x. Maybe find a pair of 980's, they go for around $150 each.

>those ram speeds
Oof my dude

Smart bet kiddo.

I've got a Q8200 with a 1050 inside, so I know the feel man.

Don't knock it kiddo, it does everything I want considering I'm only using it for overkill 1080p gaming.