Pinephone

Pinephone looks fucking based. Only $149 for a linux phone using KDE. Who else is gonna take the pine pill later this year?
fossbytes.com/pinephone-linux-smartphone-149/

Attached: image.jpg (3012x3060, 2.72M)

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/c/kp/18650-rechargeable-batteries
pine64.org/?page_id=1986
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

oh no the penguin has hepatitis

Attached: kde-plasma-pinephone-640x360.jpg (640x360, 24K)

$150
Me probably. Would be a neat toy at the very least.

Is it powered by a single AA battery?

I'm buying it.

18650 you dumb cia nigger

>The kit - internally codenamed Don't be Evil (kudos to those that understand the codename)

cringe as fuck

But Android is Linux.

It's a reference to Google, idiot smolbrain reddot faggot.

Can I install Void on it?

I don't think it'll fit in that case

18650, you can buy them at Walmart

walmart.com/c/kp/18650-rechargeable-batteries

> maybe someday maybe phone maybe for 149 maybe out
Great marketing from Purism repeated again

No shit, you mouth-breathing mongoloid. Literally everyone knows that, you window licking waterhead.

It sounds really freakin cool.

I don't own a phone, and don't plan to ever get one, but I would consider buying this just because of the non-proprietary battery.

>No shit, you mouth-breathing mongoloid. Literally everyone knows that,
Everyone, but you.
>you window licking waterhead.
Why do you retarded fucks from Reddit always get this combative whenever an user teaches your tranny sjw antifa fat asses something?

>Great marketing from Purism repeated again
1: not purism
B; they sell the hardware separately, and they actually exist, so the price is accurate
-, you'll know exactly what you're getting when you purchase it unlike poo-ism

Me

What and where they sell something? So 149 is for some chink devboard?

I don't wanna be a party pooper, but 18650 are pretty large, even for late 90s candybar phone standards

>walmart

Attached: .png (996x997, 344K)

It doesn't look much bigger than that box at the top. Is that an ethernet port?

How the fuck am I supposed to fit this in my pocket?

Attached: PVFxd0U[1].jpg (1708x903, 111K)

size of the battery is 1.8cm diameter and 6.5cm length, a modern smartphone is generally 0.8cm thick...

I guess if you designed the case similar to the WiiU Gamepad you could 'hide' the battery in a bump on the rear.
Bump would be useful as a low stand and a grip whilst holding.

Attached: gamepad.jpg (1776x964, 393K)

Attached: .jpg (740x492, 48K)

How much is that in real world units?

Its a thing for gtards who never came out theirs basements, they does not need to put phone in a pocket

Great, now how do I do it without looking like an absolute faggot?

Oh fuck off
I would kill for an 18650 powered phone
18650s are stupidly available and are pretty high capacity for a single cell
I wouldn't want a brick but if you conform the case to the battery it wouldn't necessarily be that bad

and also a candidate for poor weight distribution, making the thing unwieldy as a phone

accept the superiority of metric, fatty

about 1.8cm, 6.5cm and 0.8cm

>As per the current schedule, Plasma Mobile-running PinePhone’s actual design won’t be finalized until 2019 Q2.

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

Can it run android?

The more I think about it, the less I want it.

I'm just sayin'. Why not AAA, instead?

>how to troll an american
bet your cock is below 13cm lmao

>and also a candidate for poor weight distribution, making the thing unwieldy as a phone
Unlikely, no since you'd hold it via the grip.

Are you some sort of zoomer who's never held a real camera?

a camera has a lens to distribute weight with, dude.

All of the weight is in the lens.
That's why camera bodies have a bump, as a grip to help hold the camera whose centre of gravity is a few inches away from the point where you're holding it.

Tbf the joke was fairly obvious

On a different note, this looks cool and I might pick it up for the meme. Android's been getting worse with each version since 5.0 anyway at the very least

>Tbf the joke was fairly obvious
But which user was taking the piss?

>Why not AAA, instead?
I'll bite
AAAs don't hold dick and neither do the lithium equivalent 10440s
The point of using an 18650s is the fact you get damn good batteries and you never ever have to worry about not finding them years down the line when you need one

yeah, now think about how you would operate a phone with a big flat screen with one hand using your grip-handle model. static hand with buttons in static places VS non static hand with fingers stretching to reach different places on a screen. i.e., grip model kinda unwieldy.

Top kek.
They are 18mm circumference by 65mm long. 18650. Get it? Pretty big.

well first you start by getting any other phone

wouldn't buy it to use as a phone but it has potential for building other stuff around (as you're getting LTE, wifi, jewtooth, etc. already integrated with the cpu board)

>only one 18650
Plebian

Attached: PICT_20190201_185902.jpg (1616x1080, 368K)

Me

Thicc

Nah. You're probably the faggot from Reddit who didn't even know that it was a Google reference.

40 keks

That's jaundice, retard.

Integrated 10 000 mAh powerbank?

17,000mah.

Attached: IMG_20180923_180107.jpg (5312x2988, 1.32M)

>KDE
It's CPU intensive and bloated even on a real computer. What the fuck are they thinking?

metric system is dog shit, poorly optimized, that's why people say "inches make miles" and not " centimeters make kilometers. Everything should be done like the British, __ Stone

huh? KDE runs just fine on 10 year old computers

>those welds
My solder joints looked better.

Inches make subway sandwiches...
Centimeters make space flight possible, super sonic passenger planes possible...

First time ever doing it on the left, progressive finish on the right.
I did it wit a car battery and some copper house wiring that caught fire every 5 welds

Left ones look better
>I did it wit a car battery and some copper house wiring that caught fire every 5 welds
Absolute madman.
Still, not my level, since I soldered battery, while holding it with my feet.

Goddamn, Americans are so fucking stupid.
Yeah, I am sure measuring things in fucking feet makes more sense to you, dumb cunt.

>Centimeters make space flight possible
That's still inches.

Attached: moonflag.jpg (620x478, 104K)

This is true. But, as most apps will probably run QML, there'll pretty much be about 30MB overhead for each app that is running.
QML was a mistake. I'd like to be persuaded otherwise, but if they were going to run what's pretty much a Javascript engine, why not just use Javascript?
Anyone have much to share regarding this.

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

First man in space was slav, that used german design rocket.
Second niggers in space doesn't matter.
Зa poдинy блядь! Ein Reich Ein fürher !

I soldered the first pack but the spacers were stupid

Attached: IMG_20180914_184000.jpg (5312x2988, 1.45M)

When you solder, it is very important to have paper circles glued (or some insulator that won't melt) on top of positive terminal, since strip will get hot, and cell will become a tiny space rocket.

Shitty quality, but I this is mine battery pack for scooter. (part of it)
Stip - tinned copper

Attached: cell.jpg (720x844, 120K)

I soldered it with a 250w iron. Soldering process was about 1 second per pad. But note taken.
That's a lot of gule

And yeah, it is done with 30W tiny iron, which is amazing...
But yeah, I miss my CXG 60W iron... And I miss best K-tip

Attached: 34224.jpg (800x800, 36K)

>That's a lot of gule
Those cells were stolen somewhere so they have some glue on them.
>I soldered it with a 250w iron.
Lucky bitch.

I like how this thread went from discussing pinephone to two faggots flirting over their soldering skills.

At least we compare iron power, not dick length.

It's hard to compare what you don't have, mister micropeen.

It is easy, it you have micrometer.

This made me kek way too fucking hard ty god bless

Idk, I just saw a thread full of people saying they want a 18650 powered phone, so I posted mine and now no one is giving me (you)s because they see just how fuckhueg it makes it.

I recognize that speaker. Absolutely disgusting, but if the reviews are good and the allwinner meme drivers reversed, then why not?

Бeйcд und Rotepillehaft

user that is a dev kit.

Does void support the pine64 board?

Their website.
Dev boards have already been sent to devs(postmarketOS,KDE Mobile,ubports etc.) the phone was actually known to have been in production for about a year now. And if i am not mistaken they are going to show it off along with their newer laptop and tablet in fosdem 2019.

Btw their (old) laptop costs $99

>Second niggers in space doesn't matter.
Slavs shot dipshits into space, and missed the moon.
Americans took a shot, and hit the moon. Nobody gives a shit about the fags who missed their shot.

user i managed ro run kde5 on a pentium M laptop with 1 gigabyte of ram (dell latitude d500 btw) and it run just fine(albeit slow).
I am not worried about plasma mobile.
So far the lightest applications i have used on android are qml based.

>Manisha Priyadarshini
so this is the power of poo

Only if I can run Arch on it.

I'd be amazed if any of those is above 2400mah

kudos :DD you sound like an interesting worldly guy :D

You had a point, but you defended it poorly. "Window licking waterhead"? Really? Man, calling him a fucking retard would've worked better than that.

pajeet, go shit on the street and never come back you brown lump of fecal matter

So you are a plebbitard yourself? go the fuck back and kys

2400 is not bad. A lot of high-quality 18650s are around 2500, some low cdr ones can go up to 3000 while high cdr ones are usually less than 2000.

>meanwhile my AA/LR6 size ALDI NiMH's are rated for 2500mAH but regularly charge to 2800-2900mAH

yes, but why on earth would you do that
pine64.org/?page_id=1986

Yes but they output 30% of the voltage

>So you are a plebbitard yourself
How did you come to that conclusion? Can't you follow a simple comment chain?

Dumbass the ccr*n ge poster was the obvious redditard.

>ponyos