Just bought this thing, now what?

Just bought this thing, now what?

Attached: 91zSu44%2B34L._SX466_.jpg (466x300, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gladitek.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=pZ301QEoo9Y
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BogoMips#Timer-based_delays
youtube.com/watch?v=J2S75AhPqnM
carcamcentral.com/guide/recommended-sd-cards-avoid-sandisk-ultra-cards
youtube.com/watch?v=vKWjx1AQYgs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shove it up your ass or pee hole.

Put it in your closet and forget about it.

Mine sat around for a long time doing nothing. I just couldn't find a use for it. I used it as a classic ROM console for awhile, but the fun wore off. Then I installed OSMC and used it as a home theater PC, but I never used it because I have a Roku which works better for the streaming services I use. Then I forgot about it for awhile. Eventually I bought a Ubiquiti access point and now the Pi serves as a low power always on Unifi SDN controller.

Pihole maybe? You like ads or something

Attached: hamstx0r.gif (50x50, 11K)

Honestly they're a pretty dumb purchase if you don't already have a specific use came in mind. I'd wager a bet that 75% of Pi's ever sold are just sitting in a drawer or closet somewhere. The low price is tempting but ultimately I find them to be pretty useless for anything I need to get done. They're unremarkable in every way but price. Forget about using it as a NAS appliance; the ethernet and USB ports all operate on a single USB 2.0 controller. Transfer speeds are abysmal.

Spend 20 on a metal case to realize it fucks the wifi then spend 12 on a case that's plastic, then spend $5 on heat syncs, install Raspbian, get bored. Install retropie or lakka and play Atari thru dreamcast, get bored, make it a Kodi machine until your niggerbuild fails then do all this shit on your real PC and put the pie in a drawer.

This.

>go to microcenter for a cheap case
>body and top are sold separately
wtf

OP buys one and posts this thread every week. RasPi thanks you.

Attached: BeagleBone Black.jpg (390x577, 108K)

Now kill yourself.

return it and get a board with enough power to do something

I just made mine a safe torrenting NAS with omv and a vpn.

Attached: IMG_20190131_233805.jpg (960x960, 108K)

Install windows 10

Attached: raspi speccz full.png (1280x1024, 411K)

Host a simple website on TOR.

First kodi when I was too poor to afford nvidia shield for 4k/hevc/10bit playback.
Now pihole. Served me well.

All traffic from mobile devices heads to VPN running on pi. DNS ad blocker within. Single user it works fine - it's a low power device don't expect more.

>durrrrr how do I use a computer
I'm shitposting from mine right now:

Architecture: armv7l
Byte Order: Little Endian
CPU(s): 4
On-line CPU(s) list: 0-3
Thread(s) per core: 1
Core(s) per socket: 4
Socket(s): 1
Model: 4
Model name: ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7l)
CPU max MHz: 1400.0000
CPU min MHz: 600.0000
BogoMIPS: 38.40
Flags: half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae evtstrm crc32

A modern Pi has more RAM and MIPS than the old IBM Power system which served 20,000 simultaneous logged in users at my University in the mid-1990s.

Up your butt.

>another thread by a salty Intel shill angry that his company spend 300 million dollars making SBC platforms which literally nobody even noticed let alone used
ARM is winning.

Put it in your desk drawer and forger about it, like everyone else.

No you dumb shill people actually use them. Nice Intel-funded FUD though. Choke on an Bihari dick.

For guiding missiles, for example.

When you find out what the fuck to do with this let me know. I made some gay web scraping bot that I thought would be truly epic if I could have it running 24/7 with a pi. Now it's just been sitting in my drawer for over a year.

Imagine being retarded enough to buy something without already having a purpose for it.

Is Pihole EZ to set up?

Is THIS why we have fat practically retarded five eyes shills who can’t do a single fucking push-up making these retarded threads all the time?

And this is information war, which I’m paying for. Holy fuck we’re doomed if a single eight year old Iranian child manages to connect to the Internet. You’re that low speed.

run a server: gladitek.com/

I thought of making a MIDI controller but quickly realized it's more expensive than just buying one pre-built from a reputable company. Then I thought about making the typical emulator but why the fuck would I want that. If you want to skip these steps you can go ahead and throw it in the trash now

Make it a remote control device for detonating explosives. Now attach the system to your body. Press the button and say Allahu akbar moments before it explodes.

That’s remarkable

Runs on this

Attached: IMG_20151104_191607.jpg (2560x1920, 582K)

I always thought it would be kinda cool to put a pressure sensor on the passenger seat of your car, with some sort of auditory feedback you could change depending on who's getting in. You could make a button say DON'T TOUCH THAT out of the speakers when they touch it, or anything you want.

of course, there's always youtube.com/watch?v=pZ301QEoo9Y

stick it up your ass

Copy and paste bash script. Then set your DNS on your router. Done

Zoomers in a nutshell.

Sell it.

> BogoMIPS: 38.40
Oh doge
model name : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G1610T @ 2.30GHz
cpu cores : 2
bogomips : 4589.3
120 times slower than the old Celeron core.

use it like dust attactor

bogomips isn't comparable across architectures, especially ARM.

See: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BogoMips#Timer-based_delays

In mid 90s my whole university ran off maxed out sparcstation 20, guess about the same specs as $10 chink orange pi.

>Sony

wut

Too bad, I didn't know about that. Thanks for this article.

Could I use a SBC as a small and low powered device to slowly download JAV from shitty DDL filehosts?

yes, if you're smart enough to follow instructions with a few steps.

I want to set up a nextcloudpi
Should i get the minimal debian image or with desktop?

>$12 fan in a $35 computer

SwagPi

Minimal ofc. mc is all you need for file management/navigation.

Run a light server with it.
I have a odroid and im planning on using it as my nextcloud server and remote vpn server.

Compute

Make it a Tor node.

Install plan 9 on it

Attached: 07.gif (245x184, 984K)

Sony manufactures the Pi

>using sõōœóôòöyhole

i found it actually works better as my DHCP server but my router isnt actually that good

I use mine as a mumble and lighttpd server. Also use it for metasploit.

Not much sense now but runs quiet and cool in summer.

Other fans sound like blenders.

Make a smart mirror to impress some dumb roasties
youtube.com/watch?v=J2S75AhPqnM

I prefer pi-hole for my rspi

Finally a good answer.

mines literally been sitting in my closet for 3 years now

Arduino is more fun.

Install gentoo

Attached: 1536767228075.jpg (641x443, 63K)

Build a clock

launch it on a balloon so you can share your loli pictures over-the-air

seeJust without the vpn snake oil meme. And even for that it's fucking underpowered. Picrelated are the speeds I get on my gigabit network through SAMBA. And running a GUI is borderline retarded. If you want an SBC that's actually useful, buy an odroid. There's even a NAS version with SATA port and heatsink which gives you actual gigabit speed.
Many people like me bought a Pi because it was the first "mainstream" SBC and it's getting shilled literally everywhere. The truth is any other company makes better ones. Raspberry is just the apple of SBCs, just 1000 times shittier.

Attached: Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-02 um 19.59.55.png (1370x1418, 810K)

Moron.

I've found it's good for three things, streaming media, playing old games via Recalbox/Retropie and installing pihole to block ads.

I have two. One has pihole installed and and the other has OpenElec and is pointing at a 1 tb harddrive full of movies and TV shows on my desktop and it also has access to YouTube and Reuters News via Kodi add ons.

why not just connect to an already existing dns that block ads. Why go through the trouble of setting up your raspbery pi as a dns server.

I'm putting blackarch on mine but Idk if 32 GB SD card I got in it is enough, already had to move pacman cache to a flash drive lol

>OpenELEC
obsolete, use LibreELEC

Install mpd on it and hook it up to your amplifier.

I'm thinking of doing the same. What SD card are you using with it?
Got concerned after reading stuff like this carcamcentral.com/guide/recommended-sd-cards-avoid-sandisk-ultra-cards

Attached: 1542486692909.png (303x353, 257K)

youtube.com/watch?v=vKWjx1AQYgs

Just set it up. ( I already had a pi running for something else. ) I had bind running on the pcs I cared about and was using that as my dns, but this gets my whole network. I already had the pi running and already connected to the same ups as my router so it was dead easy.

refund

>gladitek.com/
That jukebox.

get a heatsink and overclock it.