Is apple doomed?

Is apple doomed?

They're raising prices and getting rid of universal ports in order to trap their current customers but this will prevent new customers from buying i no their ecosystem.

Attached: applestorefrance.0.0.jpg (1400x1400, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

statista.com/statistics/263264/top-companies-in-the-world-by-market-value/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

universal ports ?

ports that are universal

Tim Cook is a retard and is releasing too many variations of the same product line. There are 3 different iPads FFS, Make it simple.

>iPads
4 actually

Attached: file.png (1309x441, 32K)

This. Also as much as I hate Apple, if they want to keep pulling in profits they need to hurry up and release their "netflix for games" or whatever. Subscription services are the only way the big tech companies can actually make big money anymore.

>telling a 900 billion dollar corporation how to do business
go to bed kiddo

Apple are based. Blocking google and facebook apps was a great move.

apple slices with peanut butter is still good.

Attached: 1544391383394.jpg (900x720, 120K)

itoodles b-t-f-o

Attached: 1522363669894.gif (500x282, 316K)

bassed

Why did the HomePod fail lads? Tim Cook said it was a revolutionary device!

Attached: HomePod-Siri-1-780x536.jpg (780x536, 44K)

They locked out full functionality for competitive services like Spotify handing the win to the Google Home.
Basically you can't tell the Airpod to play X song on Spotify through voice commands so it's a fail.

statista.com/statistics/263264/top-companies-in-the-world-by-market-value/

Scoreboard lol.

>May 11, 2018.
lmao

Attached: 1539125190708.png (1158x946, 661K)

Oh no, were just slightly less the most valuable company in the world. haha oh man.

cook is really spending on shills huh.

they are barely *not* meeting expectations. "doomed" is hysterical.

based

>itoodles
kek'd harder than i should have

Forgot the 1st gen 12 inch iPad Pro

>getting rid of universal ports
>USB-C and thunderbolt are about as universal as you can get
ok, poorfag

It's inferior to devices like the Sonos one or the Bose Homespeaker 500 in both, sound quality and streaming service support.

Apple is currently rebranding as a non-tech brand, mainly appealing to Asians and women both of whom enjoy high estrogen because of šôÿ. I think the last time they even attempted to court actual people who knew about computers was about 2009. Their current customers are the kinds of people who pay hundreds for a poorly stitched Italian handbag made in Vietnam.

>we're
Yikes!

>store design by Josef Mengele & Co. Interiors
Is apple doomed? - fukin a they are, just look at that shit.

>removing universal ports
They literally switched their laptops and iPads to type c you troglodyte

Why would anybody possibly need a non Apple service?

What is the absolute patrician phone choice right now Jow Forums?

Waiting for a Samsung Galaxy s10

Attached: samsung-galaxy-s10-s10plus-render-geskin.jpg (830x467, 109K)

S9

Western Electric trimline in brown, with the square buttons.

Smartphones are for gay retards.

What kind of phones do straight retards use?

Isn't Apple for grannies?

Where were you ten years ago?

bazed

There even are rumor that they will do the same for the next iphone

Samsung keep mogging the fuck out of Apple

i have iphone 7 and S8

iOS is very well optimized. iphone's got smaller battery but the hardware is power efficient, same screen on time as the S8 if not more

Probably cost as much as a house

apple is killing is macbook

the 2012 pros where the pinnacle of mbooks.

Up gradable ram + HD

Strong

nice keyboard

sure you have to replace the HD cable due to an manufacturing error,

Apple has being trying to kill of macbooks to goto ipads

>getting rid of universal ports
>Replaces everything, including their proprietary ports, with thunderbolt 3/USB-C, a port so universal it can do everything from outputting video from a devices internal graphics card to connecting a external graphics card
Imagine if your laptop charger used HDMI, you could use USB over HDMI, you could connect PCI-E devices through HDMI, and eaphones had a HDMI cord on them.
That's fucking universal

Rot in hell Steve Jobs

Where is Roman Empire now? Empires fall.

Are you suggesting that usb c isn’t universal?

Not necessarily. Spotify is a really popular music streaming subscription service, and as far as I know it _still_ isn't profitable. Games could be different, though.

How long until Apple offically kills off the Mac line?

It was filled with faggots by the end of the empire. Just like apple

Steve would have never allowed an apple product to use a connector that wasn't 100% In-house

They'll switch to ARM. T1&T2 have just been tests, along with the System-on-module 2015 Macbook

This is just my opinion but Tim Cook is unfit to lead Apple imho. He's deviating from the formula jobs set forth. Not a bad thing in itself but he's not improving on his ideas instead he's reversing back to the ways Apple was before Steve Jobs:

1. Too many products and no clear explanation why product 1 is better then product 2
2. Compatibility issues/dongles by not introducing enough ports
3. Not providing enough native solutions to make everything work flawlessly (Jack, AirPods, ...)
4. Little to no innovation: OLED is the only noteworthy thing i can think of
5. Apple support is not helpful they tell you to buy a new device
6. Failing to introduce a strong WANT in people (what do Apple fans want/need?)

Of course the global slowdown in smartphone sales is also to blame but Cook is not trying to breach into new categories either.

His current solution is to switch to a service based model. People spending money in the Apple eco system, he wil prob lower the prices of iPhone or introduce more possibilities to upgrade "cheaply" to the newest iPhone to keep people in the Apple eco system.

This smartphone sector is missing real innovation, the VR sector is rather promising Apple should invest in that area desu. If they could succeed in building a helmet where people can live in a virtual world they would be an industry leader.

TL;DR Cook is unfit to lead Apple, there is no innovation, service based model will be the new Apple

samsung galaxy s5 or s6 active

no bullshit

no stupid curved screen for garage cases

no sealed up phone where you can't remove the battery (with a tool)

both have microsd slots and headphone jacks which is apparently a rare feature these days

both of them have lifeproof cases you can easily buy online

Neither of them have usb-c but until phones get uncucked we won't see any good, practical phones with these basic features and usb-c at a good price point for years

It's as simple as that.
Apple under Tim Cook doesn't really seem to have a direction.
The MacBooks switching to USB-C in 2016, 2 years before iPads switched, 3 (maybe) years before iPhones switched.
Having to buy a cable to connect your phone to your laptop out of the box, 'it just works.'

This isn't even mentioning the quality issues with the butterfly keyboards. Three generations and there's still keypress issues, plus the new flex cable issue.
I'm not even going to start on the fact that the MacBook Air is thicker than the 13" MacBook Pro.

Tim Cook is going after short-term profit, but there's no real strategy for the long-term if he continues as he is. I highly doubt he'll ever lower the price of the iPhone, apple products are more expensive than ever now.

>I'm not even going to start on the fact that the MacBook Air is thicker than the 13" MacBook Pro
The Macbook lineup makes zero sense. The current "Macbook", without any appendages, sounds like it would be the base model, rght? Wrong. It ought to be called the "Macbook Air", since it embodies everything the old Air stood for, and the "Macbook Air" should really be the bread-and-butter "Macbook". Instead we have an Air that's thicker than a Pro and almost as heavy (only about 100g lighter), and is both thicker and heavier than the Macbook. Even Michael Spindler's model naming conventions made more sense than this.