Why is mini split not more popular?

Attached: 1543408568570.jpg (1000x1000, 57K)

Idk. They're popular in shitholes without AC culture.
Easy to install (even non-diy ones)

Wait so what's the alternative?

>shitholes
>America still uses these shitboxes
Yikes

Attached: F33F8C6C-6F48-4314-8230-A993777DB9FE.jpg (1000x500, 58K)

RENT FREE

Americans have the type of houses where making a convenient space in the wall to fit such fucking monstrosities be 10 mins with a hole saw tho.

COPE. Enjoy your compressor noise, fat fucks.

I wish they sold those in the UK. Fuck this place.

Why would you willingly buy inferior tech?

Works well for renting. I don't want to explain to my landlord why I drilled holes into the wall.

Those where popular where I live during commie times.

It's all splits for at least 2 decades now.

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

Absolutely seething

The fuck is that?

All in one

I only see those here

Are there other kinds of AC besides this shit ?

Isn't that just a regular AC?

Central air, mobile a/c

They are user. I installed one a few months ago. As long as it's 12000 BTU or lower, you can install it without any special tools. I drilled the hole in the wall, mounted the indoor split unit on the wall. I then mounted the compressor outside. Joined the inside piping to the outside one. Plugged the AC unit into the wall socket. DONE!

lol not having central air is like the most poorfag thing one can do

Because ameriburgers have very low construction standards and short term planing. They prefer a cheap house that is expensive to heat and cool to a slightly more expensive house that have better insulation that will save you money over a 3-5 years ownership.

Not as poorfag as living in a 3rd world climate.

These are best for 2 reasons: you can replace them yourself they are practically a standard size, and maybe more importantly, they can take advantage of the outside air for either venting or more efficient.

Also don't cheap out on the reverse cycle missing ones. Unless you live in Singapore maybe but then you would want dehumidify anyway.

There are no places in the world with temperature in desired (15-20°C)....

>you can install it without any special tools
Releasing refrigerant in air is baaad.

Those shitboxes are OK, compared to this abomination

Attached: 9989.jpg (600x738, 54K)

I have a split, and entire brick! wall is making compressor noises.

Very silly post

it basically doesn't exist in the entirety of new york city (the greatest city in the world)

This is standard in Europe. No one use that crap that you put on the window.

Windows.
In U.S. we open windows by sliding the bottom half of it up. This naturally makes room for a window a/c. Which can be installed/removed in 10 mins or less by consumer.
A single unit a/c means cheap production and logistics cost. No hoses, no holes to drill.

Because inferior window units don't fit proper windows.

I dont understand everyone in Asia are using this, even developed country like Japan.

I'm American. Had this
in a few apartments. They were loud as fuck and have the gaps on the side that let in cold air.
Now I live in Japan and have had OP's type in 2 different apartments.
They are quiet and effective. They have a "dry" mode which is dehumidification. Yeah, they can't pull in fresh air, no big deal. Just crack the window once a day to let fresh air in. The noisy fan is outside and you have more advanced settings like 6 different fans speeds, dry mode, timer, setting the wind direction manually, and finer temperature control.

It’s just mutts projecting their third world status on developed nations. There are no downsides to using a mini split compared to a windowed AC unit.

Here
This is a good point. In Japan, windows typically open horizontally.

Attached: DSC_0136.jpg (3840x2160, 1.27M)

Because not everyone can retrofit central air, especially when house is tiny.
Not everyone can install window aircon, since windows aren't american.
This is why people get split ac and make one tiny 6 cm hole in wall and enjoy cool air and shit.

They’re starting to show up more in the US. Mainly in older buildings without central air

You don't need air conditioning until temperatures reach above 30C for longer than the summer holidays.

Same shit my mom said.
But I installed aircon anyway, and now I enjoy 20°C air, even at 21°C outside.

more horizontal windows

Attached: DSC_1087.jpg (3840x2160, 1.61M)

It's popular in New York city. fucking poorfag newyorkers.

Because you're shut-in virgin with no friends.

Mom, stop using 4channel.

Remind me of my 2nd home
Nipland is always comfy, calm and quiet.

Son, go outside and make friends.

Oof

You mutts will ruin it.

>being this booty bothered that someone else gets to experience your weeb paradise instead of you

But mooom,

Let it stay a weeb paradise and don't ruin it like you did with the rest of the world, davido-kun.

Pretty much the go to air con solution here in south Africa.
What i am looking for is an affordable multi unit single compressor type system.

>Easy to install (even non-diy ones)
Split is not easy to install. You need to drill a two to three inches hole in your wall to pass some tubes and cables to connect the outside unit, which weighs a shitload.

Is it worth installing these in apartment that i rent? Also i only need it for a small room but I don't think anyone sells 5000-6000 BTU mini splits.

>without AC culture
We call it temperate climate.

No one likes a bulge hanging off their wall.

>single hose instead of dual hose

Attached: 1527801204967.png (645x1260, 440K)

Im not even mutt senpai

>Is it worth installing these in apartment that i rent?
No sensible landlord is going to let you install them yourself.

How is it every year these sell for $99 for a 5k BTU one? Been the same price for decades regardless of inflation.

Even a decent fan like a Dayton costs mote

Every single house and apartment in Japan has these.
Houses generally have two or three. Often the duct they're routed through is used to route fiber into your home/apartment as well.

Attached: _THE2054.jpg (1600x1067, 1.09M)

Wow he really struck home with that fat fuck comment huh? Head over to Jow Forums and they can sort you out so you won't fly off the handle because of your weight issues.

I call it insulated thermally optimized construction. Too hot? Have more IR reflected by your glass surfaces and more ability to absorb temperature inside the house + then exchange it at night and all that

installation is a rip off

solid state heat pump with no compressor is almost here though

You think that's hard ?

NotHim, but its not a case of 'drilling a hole in wall, and join with pipe' - those fucking things are full of refrigerant, you need vacuum pumps and all sorts of shit, you cant just wing it, and keep filling it up with gallons of OzoneKiller #54 till the leaks are fixed. Not even in Murica

newer design use water and co2

yeah? cant be as efficient as Ozone Killer #54 tho

>You need to drill a two to three inches hole in your wall
In american carton houses it is easy
>which weighs a shitload.
baasedboy cant lift 20 kg?

>he doesn't use purge lines using refrigerant

Really?
Newer use R32, modern used R410A, good ol use R22.
Only R22 kills ozone.

still a decade away, but hvac techs are going to be decimated

God I just love Japan

?
CO2 requires insane pressures.
At least it is not flammable as R32, which runs on same pressures as R410A (more-less)

If unit costs $299, vacuum pump is not needed.

And yeah, what about energy consumption of CO2 stuff?

if it is +35°C outside, no insulation/tint will help.
AC is the only way, even in europoor countries

It is easy.
Just connect pipes, open service port with wrench, open slightly one valve, let some freon out (worry not, only 5g), close service port, close valve, check for leaks with soapy water, and after that pray that there is no water, and open all valves completely.

This is how cheap a/c are installed in thirdworld shitholes.
Sure, in US (and maybe some Germany) it is illegal, so you have to do it silently.

And yeah, R410A (and probably R32) systems work at 40 bars, so be careful.

actually, they no longer use refrigerant at all and just use a coolant like water
eg: Integration of a magnetocaloric heat pump in a low-energy residential building

Because the central air scam is more billable hours.

>2019
>still no silent AC technology

Attached: 1540455910465.webm (640x640, 1.75M)

Actually it's even easier than that
You just stick in in the window you don't even touch a tool

>magnetocaloric heat pump
Sure, cool. Will it perform as good as simple compressor system? How much will it cost?
While classic compressor-based heat pumps (most split air conditioners are heat pumps), don't cost much, are pretty efficient, and if properly installed don't leak refrigerant.
>in a low-energy residential building
There are still old building with shitty insulation.
>actually, they no longer use refrigerant at all and just use a coolant like water
How?

his punches are horrible

>Sure, cool. Will it perform as good as simple compressor system? How much will it cost?
COP of 5 instead 4, and should cost significantly less

And yeah, coolant won't be water, but some anti-freeze, which tastes sweet

Cool.

Imagine being so poor you don't even have central air

Very inefficient way of placing the outside body in that pic.Waisting allot of electricity and cooling/heating capacity just to make it more aesthetic

imagine being

If Japan cared about AC efficiency, they would insulate their homes.

Sitting under the kotatsu with three sweaters and a hanten is simply more aesthetic than cental heat.

idk, they're great. You can get a whopping 2.5 coefficient of performance from an air source heat pump with a temperature differential of 60 degrees freedom. It's mind blowing how much they've improved, you can use one for 90% of the year in almost every state of the US, and the low capital cost and maintenance means it's probably cheaper than anything else unless you have natural gas run to your house. You can usually get steep discounts and tax breaks too. Ask your electric company if they have a program.

But for some reason people keep putting in oil heat instead of heat pumps with backup propane. Cheaper, cleaner, less maintenance, no oil smell, works as air conditioning too. You can't lose. Normies are just retarded.

What is the difference between these two?

One is a heat pump system and the other is a window mounted air conditioner.

Attached: Cool-A-Mobile-Home-in-Summer-Heat-Pump.jpg (1474x799, 130K)

At computers

Attached: 1498699165860 (1) (1).png (1000x1100, 73K)

you can have a window mounted heat pump too

Imagine being this triggered