On September 8th, 2019, Joseph Konopka, aka Dr. Ch@os...

On September 8th, 2019, Joseph Konopka, aka Dr. Ch@os, is scheduled to be released from his 20 year sentence at Colorado's Supermax ADX prison.

Along with his "Followers of Ch@os", he was responsible for over 28 blackouts in the Wisconsin power grid. Read more about him here: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Konopka

What does Jow Forums think? Is he truly /ourguy/? Will he become enshrined in the Pantheon alongside Stallman and Terry?

Attached: Joseph_Konopka_Closeup.jpg (565x392, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

325.nostate.net/2016/03/30/open-letter-from-joseph-konopka-dr-chos-usa/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

explain to me why anyone should get 20 years for causing some blackouts

People died?

While the blackouts were his most notorious crimes, he was put away for hoarding cyanide in the Chicago metro tunnels:

>In 2002 the 25-year-old Konopka was arrested by theUniversity of Illinois at Chicagopolice while trespassing in the underground tunnel system beneath the UIC east campus. The arresting officers found a small vial of white powder in Konopka’s possession; tests indicated the powder wassodium cyanide. The subsequent investigation revealed that Konopka was hoardingpotassium cyanideandsodium cyanidein an unusedChicago Transit Authoritystoreroom in theChicago 'L'Blue Linesubway.Konopka had picked the locks on several doors in the tunnels, then changed the locks so that he could access the unused rooms freely. Konopka had briefly associated with a Chicago-areaurban explorationgroup in order to obtain information on how to access the large network of unused tunnels and abandoned rooms in Chicago's transit system as well as to lure juveniles to help him.The cyanide had been stolen from a shuttered warehouse, formerly owned by a water treatment company on Chicago's South Side.

Here's an open letter he wrote in 2016: 325.nostate.net/2016/03/30/open-letter-from-joseph-konopka-dr-chos-usa/

Some excerpts:

>The problem with technology isn’t the technology per se, it’s the sociopolitical structures that implement it. Machines make great impartial arbiters, and provide a way to have rules without rulers – think Bitcoin, of TCP/IP. A technocracy can be the epitome of freedom or fascism: it’s up to the programmers. Open to scrutiny and understood by all, or closed corporate hegemony. Transparent and provably trustworthy, or declared trustworthy by CEO’s and spooks

>The same power that gives life to the PRISM and the Facebook Control Grid can also facilitate the conduct of communication and business in provable privacy.
Free men and women – rational anarchists, if you prefer – must acknowledge the freedom of others to not be free, to choose bondage in exchange for ‘security’ or convenience. The majority of the sheeple want all their personal detritus safe in the Cloud. They believe anyone (else) who seeks to have a private conversation that’s not archived and indexed for posterity must be up to something. They want to outsource their opinions, appoint corporations as the arbiters of privacy, have their habits and fetishes analyzed in the name of curated contents. The will of the masses to wear the yoke will not be denied.

>Joseph Konopka
Why was he held in such a high level security prison? Sure he was conspiring to commit terrorism but it never came to pass. How are these things determined?

I understand white collar criminals tend to go to lower level security but I imagine supermax prisons are for violent/sexual/repeat offenders.

he's a scary hacker
that's all the reason they needed

The official statement from the Department of Corrections is that they only send people to ADX that they think pose actual real danger behind bars, but if you look at a list of high profile inmates there, there are several that are completely nonviolent such as the convicted spy Robert Hansen.

It really comes down to the lawyers. Some people end up there as an alternative to the death penalty for a guilty confession, so there is some politics behind it

>How are these things determined
your ability to harm inmates or personnel.

they're obviously afraid that he could incite riots.

Yeah that's why the leader of the Aryan Brotherhood is there now. He orchestrated several murders behind bars and got correctional officers killed

that's cyberpunk as fuck, but why did he need the tunnels? and who was he trying to kill?

Yeh that movie was dope

Based and redpilled, 10/10 Jow Forums approved

Attached: 1543137462634.png (550x428, 593K)

Attached: Professor_Chaos.png (200x232, 90K)

Bump

>locked up for over 20 years

I'd be more interested in his reactio, when he sees how much technology has changed.

He's speaking about fb, I think he keeps himself up to date.

was it autism?

How the fuck does he know about PRISM, Facebook and Bitcoin if he was imprisoned in 2003 and served his time in ADX Florence? I thought ADX Florence kept all their prisoners extremely isolated.

Not same. Think about it. No phone booths. Cars look different. Cameras everywhere. Random spergs wallking around making youtube videos on their phones.

It's really not that different aside from them sticking cell phone circuitry in PDAs so people can justify buying a pocket computer.

>Why was he held in such a high level security prison?
>How the fuck does he know about PRISM, Facebook and Bitcoin
Don't you guys get it? He was held in such high security not to isolate him from us, but to isolate our prying eyes from him. He's been on the outside working for alphabet agencies all this time.

You get a tv and also they'll let you write letters and correspond with people for good behavior.

it's called news paper.

cause murica

So can I pick him up in Colorado, I live here

>one single Jow Forums thread
>page 8
this place is dead