I'm surprised I couldn't find anything on Jow Forums about this little boy

I'm surprised I couldn't find anything on Jow Forums about this little boy.

tl;dr: it's an eReader that doubles as a note-taking gadget. Uses a stylus (iirc a Wacom one) and runs Android 4.4 on a 1 GHZ CPU with 512 MB RAM. No OCR but you get to doodle Japanese girls on it.

The company that came up with it is pretty retarded PR-wise (I get the feeling they rely on word-of-mouth and e-mail for pretty much all communication) butill managed to collect nearly 4 times as much shekels during their indiegogo campaign. Oh, and their CEO or whatev, the guy behind it is called Wang.

Personally I find the concept pretty nifty. Have a 7+ years old Kindle Keyboard on which reading still feels pretty darn good. Had a couple hundred to spare, ordered mine when it was 40% off. In comparison to ReMarkable and existing ereaders, this felt dead cheap.

One or two questions: why haven't the big guys thought of this before? And whaddayathink?

Attached: MobiScribe.jpg (695x521, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x-WGiYiHppg
youtube.com/watch?v=NoKnistSq4A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>1ghz
>512mb ram
That belongs in the trash. Just carry a thin and light laptop along with a notebook

>why haven't the big guys thought of this before?
If you're talking about eink readers with stylus, then I guess that they have been thought of before. It's just that dressers as whole aren't popular.

Yeah, I have doubts as well.

It's just that I had a Samsung SII with 768 or so of RAM and it did pretty good with KitKat. And I mean, it's monochrome and stuff, should not be so heavy.

B-buyers r-remorse, eh?

I work in a medical field and this sort of thing should fit nicely in my scrubs pocket. And carying a laptop (or better yet, an X-Series ThinkPad) is kinda not an option. And I currently have two or three notepads which is cumbersome by itself.

I mean compact notepad sized readers/writers/doodlers. So yeah, small, cheapish eink with a stylus.

Nigger my 5 y.o sub-$100 tablet has better spec than that shit

Attached: 1548935120949.jpg (2000x4000, 1.63M)

I've been using an ereader for notes, it was working pretty well until the stylus disappeared. Ordered another one and it turns out UPS delivered it to the wrong house yesterday, meanwhile class starts on Monday

It doesn't have an E Ink display though

>It doesn't have an E Ink display though
That's the selling point.

>that image

Attached: 1268336093257.jpg (320x213, 11K)

>having a worse display is a good thing

It's actually a good idea, can't kindle do that?

>Worse display
It's not an overpriced eink display though.
Eink is a legit rip off.

I'll gladly get "ripped off" if it means I get to use E Ink over your tablet's shitty display

>16M color
>1280*720p
>somehow worse display compared to something with 4 shades of grey

I dunno what metric you're using

>note taking
>generally done on paper
>implying a display that literally exists to mimic paper would't be the best digital way to go
I don't know about you but I don't need 16 million colors to write down shit I hear in class.

>I'll gladly get "ripped off"
A fool, and his renminbi
>your tablet's shitty display
Jokes on you. I'm a different user, and it's not my tablet.
E ink is a fucking scam, and they only exist, because retards like you exist.

Look at me. I'm the big gay op. I'm so refined that I don't even need colors, and shit.

>A fool, and his renminbi
Not a fool in the slightest, I just don't see it as getting ripped off. It costs more but it's worth more to me.
>Jokes on you. I'm a different user, and it's not my tablet.
I don't see your point, who owns the device is rather irrelevant.
>E ink is a fucking scam
Starting to sound like a broken record
>and they only exist, because retards like you exist.
Actually the exist to mimic paper, which they're pretty damned good at.

>Falling for the eink Jew
>Trying to convert anons to get need
>Delusionally attempting to cope with a shit, purchase that you're actually trying to get other people to fall for this trash
KYS op.

tldr; op has shit taste, and wants other people to have shit taste

I'm not trying to convert anyone to anything. I'm just telling morons shitting on E Ink that they're wrong. Also I'm not OP, learn to read.

Eh, I just bought a Kindle

You're still being a massive faggot.
Eink is the audio cassette of tablet computers, and you're a complete hipster faggot for acting like you're some refined aristocrat by pretending to enjoy them.

>Eink is the audio cassette of tablet computers
Not at all, it's simply not as general purpose. You see it as a tablet, I see it as an ereader. It's a device explicitly designed to replace books. Now quit whining just because it doesn't work as well as a toy compared to your tablet.

>I see it as an ereader
Everyone else sees them as a low end tablet, and low end hardware with stiff limitations on functionality paired with a steep premium when considering the limitations of the technology used, and build materials.

Well given it's a personal device it doesn't really matter what everyone else sees it as. It works fantastically for textbooks and notes.

Hey my friend I put together this shitty tablet for $5, but it's your lucky day. I sell to you for $399.99.
Please understand that this is a good price, and I need to charge you this much, because for some reason not that many people buy them.

youtube.com/watch?v=x-WGiYiHppg

You sound like an audiophile trying to justify his $3000 headphones that hurts his ears when he listens to them.

It's the closest what we've got to real paper and thus it's great for mango and books. It is however slightly expensive you could argue, because there's no real competition due to patents I think. They're also slow as shit and have no colors.
It's not a tool for everything of course, I use a Tab S2 or a SurfaceP4 for other things than books or mango, which is rare though. I've bought a ton of books in the past but these days I just grab them for free online and read them on my ereader. If you don't read tons of books it's not for you
really only made to read books and get close to a real paper feeling (no backlight).

Regarding the OP, I don't even know how it would look if you tried to draw on a slow as fuck display with an 1Niggahurtz CPU. Maybe it works well enough but I've once tried writing on a similar tablet and it probably had better specs than that. and it was shit.

I have one btw if anyone has questions
It's pretty expensive but also really good

Attached: 81DQrMqa-UL._SX425_.jpg (425x531, 18K)

>it's the closest to real paper
What's wrong with just using paper?

Paper can't do this

Attached: IMG_20190128_0243487.jpg (1352x2028, 419K)

and this

Attached: IMG_20190128_0243124.jpg (1352x2028, 418K)

and this

Attached: IMG_20190128_0259261.jpg (2028x1352, 412K)

I'm not justifying anything; I'm explaining to you that it's great for replacing paper and that some people find that to be worth the premium. You clearly don't. Great, keep your tablet. Personally I have no use for a tablet outside of what I use my ereader for. The pros you see over E Ink are moot for my uses. Meanwhile the pros E Ink has over traditional display tech are taken advantage of whenever I use it.

or this

Attached: IMG_20190128_0311356.jpg (1352x2028, 481K)

paper can't do this either

Attached: ss (2019-02-02 at 11.35.34).png (949x1024, 139K)

I would have loved having this back in school, I even came up with a similar idea. Too bad that's 20 years ago.

I'm in college now and I'm sad I only got it a few months ago, this thing can replace my entire backpack with all books and notebooks.
Well at least I still have like 18 months of college left where I can use it, I feel like nothing can beat it there.

Need to dust off mine and try out that writing to text function.

It's alright, I don't really use that one much (might as well type on a computer and it's not that good on math formulas)
The software has come a long way though, if you're used to how it was like a year ago

>It's pretty expensive
How much? Also this explains why it 8snt popular. Same with that 1000 USD eReader by Sony.

$599 for the tablet + pen + 10 marker tips (one tip lasts about 3 weeks of daily usage)
$100 off if you know someone with a referral code.
The tips cost $12 for a pack of 8. That should last half a year of daily usage.

Yeah, this is why I'm not getting one. Thanks though.

Yeah if it was $300 instead it would be unbeatable and I would have bought it instantly.
Now at the current price I actually waited 1 or 2 years before I decided to get one, it barely got any cheaper

Fuck that.

If you want a digital e-paper, just buy the $17 digital paper.

>youtube.com/watch?v=NoKnistSq4A

That's a toy, it probably doesn't even save

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

Gearbest have range of option from $5 plus.

Its similar to except there's stylus so allows basic e-paper writing/drawing capability to your fullest talent.

And it doesn't have save function. Its just a digital e-paper in a "truest" sense. I'd get one for rough sketching stuff since its only $5.

>Paper can't have manga printed on it, nor could people write on it?
Zoomers are retarded.

But paper can do all of that. They can also, get this do all that, but in color.

You would probably have better handwriting if you wrote on regular paper.
>having the penmanship of a five year old.

Paper can't do that, a printer can. But then the paper can't be used for anything else anymore, you can't erase it, have to carry it with you, keep it in order, pay for the ink and paper, can't easily share it without scanning each page in, and so on.
Go print 800 pages of manga and you'll see the advantage.
I have the exact same handwriting on paper

Attached: IMG_20190202_1241179.jpg (4056x2704, 2.8M)

>drawing on a screen is handwriting

Attached: 386317452_6bfcf3e83c.jpg (301x500, 112K)

>literal luddites
Why are you even here

Actually I'd say I have even better handwriting on the tablet because not only does it write exactly the same, but I can properly undo and erase mistakes, as well as rearrange content on the page and copy-paste. Looks much cleaner because of that.

>literal retard
Why weren't you aborted

how do you convert a amazon ebook into a pdf ? i didn't have problem with calibre but now it doesn't work, what up with calibre ?

Really nifty idea but JFC $200 for that isn't worth it. I'd pay $100 for it, tops.

good one dad

boox max is the only ereader worth getting

Attached: file.png (810x456, 556K)

You disappoint me, son. I will never be proud of you.

Colors are for toddlers. Grayscale is the patrician choice.

looks great. I'm looking for an ereader that you can draw on. Was interested in the sony product but it was too expensive and you can't turn off the botnet.

Everyone else sees a poorfaggot addicted to anime and gachashit when they read your post

What's the best ereader for notetaking and web browsing?

Samsung s4.

>Ereaders are hip my man
old-man-dressed-as-an-average-youth.jpg

Samefag

Yes. It was.

SameChad

ぜろ
Do you even 日本語?

I already realised when posting, it was just a demonstration

why not just use an old tablet with better specs then turn on grayscale mode and download koreader. maybe throw in a matte screen protector and youre set. or go full autism with an e-ink monitor

Attached: MAX_11.jpg (500x400, 41K)

If it don't have access to wi-fi for 30 days the note taking apps stop working. It's probably spyware?

When do the e ink patents expire

They already have around 2015 I think.

Then how come nothing has gotten better? I bought a used kindle years ago and nothing has compelled me to want another version. Either e ink tech is a dead end or the E-ink corporation is holding onto some bullshit somehow.

The chinks make a few small and low res eink panels but they're still expensive. I have to think it's just too expensive to manufacture.