This scares and confuses the linuxcuck

>this scares and confuses the linuxcuck

Attached: 594C7C38-3667-486D-A41F-7A6A267ECEC5.png (640x472, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rDSFn6BgtiM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>install drivers
>works
Problem?

>*proprietary drivers

yeah i don't want nvidia garbage in my computer you got me

Correct. People choose nvidua, because they want to use proprietary features that are available to the cards/brands. If a person didn't want to use those features then I would imagine that they would have chosen amd instead.

It's AMD GPU's that frighten me. Theres hardly any support for them in Linux. It's why I dont buy AMD, it just dont werk

And to our left we see the native nvidia shill in its native habitat.

That's why you use the open source non proprietary drivers. It's not like amd's proprietary drivers do anything special.

heh, I installed the proprietary blob on buster and my quadro refuses to render the desktop.
back to nuouveau with this shit.

>Install distro
>Comes with noveau
>Works perfectly
>Don't mind proprietary driver
>Install that
>Works even better
Problem?

>quadro refuses to render the desktop.
Seems like you didn't install the drivers.

Panties in a bunch and sand up the vagina

15 years on debian, I definitely forgot to install the drivers.

AMD should just learn to kode.

I use propertiary Nvidia drivers and literally never had a single issue. Shitnoueau on the other hand...

Hmmm in truth though the open source drivers are a bit shit, you always get problems with them

>15 years debian
15 years default install, and one day you tried to install drivers, but couldn't figure it out. It happens.

Noveau is actually fine unless you want to game, you'd probably even be fine with older games on nevau desu

I never had any problems with open source drivers on Linux though. The problems only happen when I foolishly try their proprietary ones.

Yeah except for when you get those inexplicable random screen blackouts that last a second or so

same assumptions like another faggot yesterday.
I explained to him that we had to maintain a hybrid distro, import sid repos, in order to get our fglrx or novideo driver working.

Doesn't work on my Thinkpad running Arch.
I'm restricted to using the integrated graphics.

>has a dedicated video card
>doesn’t game
Cringe.

My GPU fans spin 100% of the time on nouveau

>explained to him that we had to maintain a hybrid distro,
Doesn't mean that you should be maintaining distros though. You can't even install nvidia drivers for heaven's sake. This is why people think Linux distro are shit IMO.

>I'm a retard therefore nvidia

>the driver was on,
>kernel was tainted,
>desktop didn't render
>novidiot on consumerist board blamed user
first, you have to stop when there's resistance from the Q tip
second, that's the same shilling tact itards use. you are holding it wrong.

Linux user =/= freetard

Nigger you literally installed the driver wrong.

You must not have tried them recently on a new-ish GPU then. Upstream drivers are amazing on my RX 570

so, the package nvidia-driver is the wrong one.
I fucking swear, this boards is getting bumber and dumber...fucking idiots.
I just did apt install --reinstall xserver-xorg-video-nouveau and everything came back to normal.

Have you ever successfully installed any drivers, or is "novideo" the only driver that has ever rekt your shit?

Are you using Wayland?

amd drivers work perfectly on linux. you don't have to touch anything. it's default, just like your xorg.
with novidia, if it doesn't work after you include the non-free repo and you install all those gimmicks inside the various bin files, then you have to mess with other libraries.
cuda is also a pain in the ass to setup, especially if you are on a rolling release like tumbleweed.(been there, done that)

I am on xfce, no wayland for me... at least for a couple more years.

I'm going to try installing buster today with an nvidia gpu, or try to get as similar as possible, and see if I have problems.

Attached: nVidia.webm (1280x720, 368K)

Linux used to be fun before the CoC.

So
>Buster
>Xfce
and what else?

>this scares and confuses the novideocuck

Attached: mesa.png (514x78, 8K)

>deprecated garbo

>Problem?
Yes, binary blob drivers are a problem. Upgrade your kernel and your GPU driver blob breaks. Upgrade Xorg and it breaks. idk how much of a problem this is today but a decade ago it was enough to make me turn my back to novidya forever.

>It's why I dont buy AMD, it just dont werk
You do have a point.

I have.

>amd drivers work perfectly on linux.
No, sometime they don't. Every kernel between 4.18.20 and 4.19.17 will crash if you have 3 monitors connected with DisplayPort and you turn them off and on again. 100% reproducible. This total scandal went on for months, kernel version after kernel version, with no fix.

Attached: kernel-4.20.3-mysterious-amdgpu-message-fs8.png (2983x1997, 1.25M)

>non-free hardware
I'll pass. Until Nvidia makes all of their products open-source I'm not going near that shit.

>wants free hardware
sorry bro that's not going to happen, AMDs got free open drivers but neither they or NVidia are about to just give you free hardware out of the kindness of their hearts. They are evil for-profit corporations, they don't have hearts. They only pretend to be like people, in reality they are not.

Attached: dsc_0372.jpg (720x478, 128K)

>Supported by Intel and AMD.
>Shipped default on Linux and BSD's
>deprecated garbo

ok

*openbsdcuck

original pic from the background pls

>Thinks free hardware means giving away physical products.

here you go
youtube.com/watch?v=rDSFn6BgtiM

Attached: 8376d3fd1424be935cc4c039f0e10fcd.jpg (1280x1920, 282K)

This.The levels of misinformation in this thread are pathetic.

Oh ho hum he tee hee hee look at choo fags lappin up this negro sheit
men get a life this thread is called a "shill" thread, basically, AMD pay people to create threads like this. Not saying NVidia or intel dont do it, just saying be aware of it

nogo driver are terrible, its barely better than you what you get with MS basic display driver on win7

Retarded criticism. If you were to list all of the random bugs in the edge cases for Nvidia's shitty blob the "scandal" would be pages long

>muh proprietary drivers

Freetards are worst than commies

You do realize just like 4 years ago
AMD literally dont have linux drivers

>NV desktop with arch
>integrated to nouveau
>just werks
>seamlessly move from nouveau to proprietary drivers
>just werks and can run cuda C garbage now
what the fuck are guys doing that makes it so hard

>lubuntu
>Buy a new ryzen 5 for work, mobo + mem
>Random segfaults all day, every morning needs a cold cycle
>Spend an embarrassing amount of time researching a myriad of issues
>Chance on replacing the nvidia card with amd
>Rocksolid. 3 week uptime.
Nvidia. Never again.

>what was fglrx
I had no problems with my 7870 nearly 7 years ago

Unfortunately that's not correct. Every self-motivated linux user is a freetard.

Attached: 1548248552188.jpg (622x647, 75K)

now they just suck CoC

UwU

nvidia-docker only works on linux you retard

>buy $500 card
>it runs like a $50 dollar card from 2012

>install drivers
>works fine

What's the matter ?

Ps: linux user dose not equal freetard. Not everyone using it is an idiot

I've seen nvidia-docker break in the weirdest ways imaginable. There was the whole ruckus with needing libnuma installed or stuff would break between the docker daemon and the nvidia drivers, and the fact that it updates out of sync with upstream docker makes it semi painful to manage.

It is still cool though, but isn't a difference from how painful the drivers are to work with, where everything is fine and dandy until Nvidia decides on their own way and everyone else in the open source community chose something else so now Nvidia's shit is breaking everything else. I actually wonder how they are doing their Gsync compatible implementation on Linux without conforming or being part of the discussions on VRR implementation in Mesa.

i am not a gaymer but, i have used both nouveau and Nvidia's driver on linux and they both work good for running my video card, the only thing about the nvidia driver is if you upgrade the kernel or xorg packages it is best to uninstall the nvidia driver first, then upgrade your kernel or xorg packages, then afterwords you can reinstall the nvidia driver

>lol shit distros
werks on my Arch™ machine

the whole point of a distro is to keep your packages from breaking