How do I learn ASM in 2019?

How do I learn ASM in 2019?

Attached: a22b.png (270x300, 68K)

A book, The internet, basic c programs compiled to object files by gcc

Buy a PDP-11 and a handbook.

You don't
You learn a web framework, find a job, get money, fuck bitches and then in your free time get buff

Attached: laravel_loadsys.png (330x200, 12K)

Is ASM an lost art?

I learned it in school

Which ASM?

If you know absolutely nothing about it,I recommend getting any 8 bit pic development board and mplab. Pic assembly is retard tier simple.

Do you mean assembly language? If so which architecture(s) are you interested in learning?

I'm ready assembly and computer architecture for software engineers. Has a mountain on it. Seems good so far. I'm learning it to get better at reversing

Is x86 a good start?

It's a bad assembly language to learn first because it's a CISC instruction set, but it's so ubiquitous you still should start with it imo

As far as making money from it and barring extremely lucky situtations, I can only think of hobbyist applications for it like romhacking.

Given how many interesting small programs I run into that are either in Python or some web framework language, I'd go as far as to say programming is a lost art.

Learn a simple instruction set first, to learn the idiomatics of it, then learn x86 due to it actually being relevant

>x86
>relevant
He'd be better off learning ARM

arm is most widely used via android, which already shits the bucket by using a jvm

Is there any hope for portability when writing some flavor of modern ASM?

ASM is explicitly non-portable in its nature.
Try a slightly higher level imperitive language.

get fucked webtard
In part yes, but not as much as webzoomers think, its still used in the industrial sector where microcontrollers are abundant. It's just more of a niche sector that won't go away any time too soon.

X86 for i8086 and some risc shit

What's a good ASM IDE for GNU+Llinux