€199 per year for a skinned Netbeans with 5 extra plugins installed

>€199 per year for a skinned Netbeans with 5 extra plugins installed
top jej

Attached: phpstorm_1280x800.png (1280x800, 1.67M)

Other urls found in this thread:

sales.jetbrains.com/hc/en-gb/articles/207240845-What-is-perpetual-fallback-license-
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sublime is better

>skinned Netbeans

Doesn't know you can get every product of JetBeans for a one time payment of ~$250 USD, as many copies as you like, on every device you own, for life... Hmmm.
Did you license your Sublime or do you not sell ANY product you build in sublime? What's a license per machine with Sublime? ~$90 USD?

sublime license is $80 amd you can use it on any device you want

Must have dropped since last time I checked. Also, haven't had to buy anything since like 2011 with my onetime purchase w/ JetBrains. Have made 1/2 Mil in income since then, I'd say it was a decent purchase. I guess it just depends on how you look at it.. if you are just learning or starting out JetBrains is certainly not the way to go... Vim is much better than anything else IMO but I like to be able to use something where my settings sync automatically across devices from *Nix to Macs...
I will agree that JetBrains products are just Netbeans with nice skins and plugins ported to various languages and specs., however.

sales.jetbrains.com/hc/en-gb/articles/207240845-What-is-perpetual-fallback-license-

>Doesn't know you can get every product of JetBeans for a one time payment of ~$250 USD, as many copies as you like, on every device you own, for life... Hmmm.
>for life

>shilling this pajeetware so hard

Attached: j.png (292x393, 22K)

>for life
see

Intellij is honestly much better than NetBeans? Have you actually used it? It has some really powerful features.

You don't have to renew your license, you just can't get the next major version(s).
If you buy the "All Products Pack" for $199 in 2018, you get all of the JetBrains products for version 18, but you can't update to 19.

so what's the point then?

Jetbrains software is way overrated in general

Attached: DxhMu6xVAAAedC4.jpg (741x741, 51K)

>use some generic lsp, refmt, linter in language x
>Same shit that intellij ides without the non free and licensing bs.

I haven't found anything in clion that clangd and all the other llvm tools do ootb. I figure all their other ides are equally lackluster.

>€0 per lifetime using the chink crack

Attached: 1548795124528.jpg (260x264, 27K)

Jetbrains IDEs are the only professionally viable IDEs. Only hipsters don't use them. (Aside from Rider, where VS is still better)

I use it at work and love it. It's not really necessary for small projects though, but it makes navigating through our project at work with almost 10000 files a lot easier.

Phpstorm is fucking awesome and doesn't cost nearly as much. More like 50 bucks and I get my license from my employer anyway

>I figure all their other ides are equally lackluster.
IntelliJ is the gold standard for Java IDEs. It blows all of the competition out of the water - it's not even close.
In C# and C/C++, the competition is a little stronger (see Visual Studio) so there isn't as much of a compelling reason to switch.

But there are small details in JetBrains products that they do better than anyone else. The big one is automatic code formatting.
The auto-formatter in Visual Studio sucks. It screws up the spacing in a lot of scenarios, and won't even attempt to format in others (see inline dictionaries in C#).

It's the only editor I've ever used that supports multi-language syntax highlighting in the same file.
For example, you're writing HTML as a string literal in JavaScript. IntelliJ will correctly highlight the JS syntax AND the HTML syntax.

Live Templates are incredible for saving small amounts of time for snippets of code you write a lot.

If you're writing in PHP you deserve to get ripped off

Attached: 1487776797182.jpg (1032x774, 66K)

If you can't get a license from your school or your employer you have done something terrible in life.

sublime is shit

>It's the only editor I've ever used that supports multi-language syntax highlighting in the same file.
vscode has that too, just get an extension for it

>vscode has that too
I don't like it when people compare IDE vs. Text editors. They're targeting a different problem, sure text editors can have some features of IDE but their end goals are different. So I don't get why people are even bringing up Sublime/VS code in this thread.

>If you can't get a license from your school
You don't need to. Just enter your .edu email address and JetBrains will give you a license.

>sure text editors can have some features of IDE
With extensions they can have all features of IDEs.

what the fuck do you need these for? How hard is it to code something in php these days jesus fucking christ