Which one should i learn?

Which one should i learn?

Is rust actually a thing? Do any company ever use it?

Attached: vy7sc6ul.jpg (1228x608, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/jobs/4200751002
reddit.com/r/rust/comments/alzs83/rust_fullstack_developer_denmark_or_remote/
aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/firecracker-lightweight-virtualization-for-serverless-computing/
doc.rust-lang.org/rust-by-example/std_misc/threads.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rust is still a meme, although it has a potential to catch on.
C++ is still used everywhere where speed matters, except for places with programmers too stupid to learn C++ or legacy projects (they use C instead).
Learning C++ is pretty hard, though, and most courses are outdated and teach antipatterns (e.g. using new).

There won't be any Rust jobs for at least 20 years.
If you want to get hired, avoid it at all costs.

Rust is kind of a meme, but has potential
C++ is already huge and widely used, but a clusterfuck of a programming language and in decline.

So I'm pretty convinced that all these
>should I learn Rust guize
threads are spammed by rustlets trying to keep their favorite language from fading into the inevitable obscurity

Companes started hiring rust devs, for example amazon and discord
If you learn it now you will be head of the curve in a couple years

>Companes started hiring rust devs, for example amazon and discord
No they are not

discordapp.com/jobs/4200751002
reddit.com/r/rust/comments/alzs83/rust_fullstack_developer_denmark_or_remote/
aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/firecracker-lightweight-virtualization-for-serverless-computing/

rly makes u think

friendly reminder that creator of rust uses swift instead.

Companies might have job openings but they will never hire the type of people who use Rust

He was hired by Apple to make Swift as comfy as Rust

Rust has no concurrency. C++ has the bullshitiest standard library of all languages.

this

I haven't seen anything useful developed using Rust.
>inb4: Redox OS
fuck off

How to learn C++ the right way?

>Rust has no concurrency
That is fucking wrong though ???
Rust has futures, mutexes, channels and is working on finalizing async/await

Meanwhile c++ doesn't have an async story at all

I think they are actually curious about the language. The promises Rust makes do sound pretty nice.
>Meanwhile c++ doesn't have an async story at all
That's not true though. C++ has async and futures and promises as well.

Are you retarded or are you just ignoring everything added in 2011.

Fuck off, memer.

Attached: 2019-02-02-154709_677x347_scrot.png (677x347, 67K)

C++ and C++ templates
Yes they’re two different languages.

Rust is gay and C++ is autistic
Autism > gay

If somebody teaches you pre-11 C++, it's the wrong way.
If somebody teaches you malloc, it's the wrong way.
If somebody tells you to use namespace std in the global scope, it's the wrong way.
If somebody tells you to implement all your methods in a .cpp file instead of inlining them, it's the wrong way.
If somebody teaches you new and delete without immediately teaching you not to use them and to use smart pointers instead, it's the wrong way.
If somebody doesn't make you use -Wall -Wextra -Weffc++, it's the wrong way.

>Which one should i learn?
Nim

Rust is a good language, but desperately needs an uncucked community free of shitlibs and trannies.

C++ at least has fucking threads

doc.rust-lang.org/rust-by-example/std_misc/threads.html

>If somebody teaches you malloc, it's the wrong way.
Care to explain why?

I wonder if back in the day, people said the same thing about Python and Java devs. I think you've lost, user. You want a world without Rust, but, it seems the opposite is true.

How does it feel? How does it feel that companies are starting to use Rust? Do you dream about it? Do you think about it? How does it feel?

1. type unsafe and works poorly with C++'s strong typing of pointers
2. doesn't call constructors
3. new exists
4. but don't use new; use make_unique or make_shared instead or allocate on the stack if possible

Call me when it's out of beta

rust is a toy language for autistic web developers
C++ is for getting shit done
change my mind

Call me when you're out of beta

Give me your fucking phone number

I think you've lost, user. You want a world without Rust, but, it seems the opposite is true.

How does it feel? How does it feel that companies are starting to use Rust? Do you dream about it? Do you think about it? How does it feel?

>look, mom, I replied to every post xd *drool*

@69640263
lol no atomics

I didn't say Rust is bad, but the people who use it are.

Until Veracode supports it, we won't use it.

>If somebody tells you to implement all your methods in a .cpp file instead of inlining them, it's the wrong way.
But isn't that a pretty good practice for someone who is just learning? Or are you saying you inline everything?

>Learning C++ is pretty hard

Attached: idiot_inside.png (400x400, 13K)

I inline everything except when:
* it involves global variables
* the function body adds dependencies to the class

Why are you even using global variables at all?

And function bodies literally always add dependencies. The dependency on the implementation of the function...

So, if the function implementation changes, and it's inlined, then you have to recompile all the code that uses it. Isn't that an obvious drawback? The alternative is that you can change the implementation without having to recompile everything.

Different user but globals (or class variables) are just necessary to express certain idioms. Nothing to get upset about.

>Why are you even using global variables at all?
Because it's needed for signal handling and concurrency as well as singleton patterns.

>And function bodies literally always add dependencies. The dependency on the implementation of the function...
Nope. If a function's body involves vectors but its signature only involves integers, I can put its body in the .cpp which strips the header file from the dependency.

>So, if the function implementation changes, and it's inlined, then you have to recompile all the code that uses it. Isn't that an obvious drawback?
If compile time is a concern, you shouldn't do OOP in the first place.

>a fucking cog

and you probably wont, because most things built in Rust aren't ever exposed to users

it's really nice for shit like native extensions in nodejs (eg: turning electron faggotry into something almost useful) or background worker processes and other stuff that doesn't require any UI work

Rust is an SJW infested meme. The main role Rust fills would be to replace C.
You should honestly just stick with C++ as your lower level language and C# or Java for your higher level one. Those will get you jobs.

Just use Go like everyone else

Attached: e55.png (800x800, 155K)

C and Rust have literally the same thing.

Neither. Rust is another fad. C++ is only useful for game programming.

Everything bad about Go exists because C did it first.

I'm genuinely looking forward to Go2. With generics and less awful error handling, it could become my new favorite language.

Attached: hidamaris.jpg (296x276, 77K)

Where can I properly learn C++?

Read Stroustrup's books or the C++ Primer.

>mfw reading default Rust book

>This example shows how the compiler helps you find errors in your programs. Even though compiler errors can be frustrating, they only mean your program isn’t safely doing what you want it to do yet; they do not mean that you’re not a good programmer! Experienced Rustaceans still get compiler errors.
> "Oh sweetie, they do not mean that you’re not a good programmer! Come to me, hug momma!:

Attached: 1531969045209.gif (740x740, 336K)

Why not both, then make a decision. I've used both and they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Anyone who blindly says one is better than the other is retarded.

Ultimately I have to deal with potato tier java and groovy and work all day so it doesn't really matter.

This so much. Ca't they stick to shitting up the internet with js?

Same, desu.

Is it Blandy/Oredorff's book or the one authored by shitlibs Klabnik/Nichols?

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

Stop tagging everyone, fucking Rust shill.

What advantages does C++ have?

time to filter massquotes
thanks 4chanx

Rust isn't relevant in industry, and C++ is used as an even more soul-sucking alternative to Java.

This.

C++ is a mature, popular and widely supported language. Rust, not so much yet.
Go with C++, but as others said, make sure you learn at least C++11 or newer: previous revisions sucked ass.