Unsurpassed since 1 million BC

>unsurpassed since 1 million BC

Attached: 1524574683173.jpg (1598x1063, 121K)

Really? What is it used for?

Can we keep these Gas vs Induction debates to /ck/ like they usually are?

Cool you have a gas based heating system OP, mind stop shitting up the board trying to validate your opinion by seeking out like minded individuals?

Leaving the induction on won't kill you

induction ranges actually emit a large amount of dark ions that have been known to fuck mice up in lab experiences

>blaming blacks even in cooking
Yikes.

Big gas shilling on Jow Forums.

Attached: 1280282615384.png (553x473, 26K)

you come from this thread don't you

Leaving the gas on will keep your house warm, you don't need to waste money on a separate heater.

Only if you have ready access to cheap gas and expensive electric power. Say that you live on a country with no gas reserves, so that it all has to be imported, and low electric power prices. Suddenly using electric stoves is not only more appealing, you're going to do a service to your country by not supporting oilniggers that then go fund peaceful beheaders.
I now wonder where's the tipping point on convenience for $/kWh for electric vs $/BTU for gas...
The national regulatory body for the gas network in my country has also been on overdrive with regulations and "just to be safe" policies, and even while gas is cheaper and the norm everywhere, more and more people have been switching to electric stoves. I've talked with a couple of architects and they've gotten their mid-construction buildings suspended twice in the span of a couple of years because they didn't comply with the 2 months old new regulation, and so they had to tear down entire already built sections and re route stuff, and it was all a mess.

Electric may be cheaper but it sucks for actually cooking things.

induction's not bad for cooking at high temps, but an omelette on low gas is miles ahead of the induction switching on every few seconds when set to low

Some of the higher end induction cooktops CAN hold a decent low temp, but yeah, the vast majority of induction cooktops wont do that great.

Imagine having enough gas right under your garden to provide for the entire country for centuries but then the central government sells it off for cheap abroad using the income for welfare while your house starts to sag and break away due to mini-earthquakes that are the result of the exploitation.

i never used gas, it scares me

>live in grandparents house
>they buy me an induction stove for my flat
>forbid me from using the gas stove
>still use both

Attached: download.png (238x211, 8K)

Leaving the gas on will turn your walls mouldy, retard.

Leaving the induction on actually heats the room.

>Leaving the gas on will turn your walls mouldy, retard.
lmao what?

Is this because gas is a "wet" heat?

Yes...? Didn't you take chemistry in highschool? Hydrocarbons burn into CO2 and H2O, i.e. water vapor.

If you honestly think it would be used in anything other than an emergency situation, you're a retard.

I don't care what chemistry you know, unless you were attempting to use your gas burners 24/7 to provide heat, you'd never in your life cause mould simply from using gas over induction.

>If you honestly think it would be used in anything other than an emergency situation, you're a retard.
>I don't care what chemistry you know, unless you were attempting to use your gas burners 24/7 to provide heat, you'd never in your life cause mould simply from using gas over induction.

Attached: 1429263839623.png (327x316, 211K)

Attached: 1440619345092.gif (170x170, 114K)

>you'd never in your life cause mould simply from using gas over induction
Yes, you would, very rapidly. If you left a gas burner on in winter you would very quickly propagate mould.

And the increased moisture in the air and walls would raise the coefficient of heat transfer across them, meaning your home will take more and more energy to heat the more you fill it with the waste gases of combustion.

IDK how this even became a point of contention, don't heat your home with open fires, it's that simple.

>you don't need to waste money on a separate heater.
>If you honestly think it would be used in anything other than an emergency situation, you're a retard.

So you DO need to "waste money on a separate heater"

You'd probably pass out from carbon dioxide saturation long before mould would became a problem anyways, right? Unless he's also proposing to keep an open window in the middle of winter to compensate, in which case it would be twice as hilarious

Not unless you think ~20 people breathing in your home would cause oxygen deprivation, no.

The flu gases of a gas hob have the same water content as a boiling kettle, the only difference is you can see the vapour from a kettle.

>Was previously completely unaware of the phenomenon
>Somehow 100% sure it won't make a difference

>Was previously completely unaware of the phenomenon
Lmao, if you actually think that's true, you need to leave Jow Forums.

If I believe a site full of a bunch of NEETs don't know basic chemistry, I should leave? I think you give your company more credit than it's due.

>omelette
>low
What do you mean by low? I pretty much set it just low enough that the butter doesn't get burned for omelette.

Burning hydrocarbons produces lots of water. You can mitigate this a bit by turning on the exhaust hood but that also exhausts a good part of the heat. It's not very effective and bad for your home.

>Leaving the gas on will keep your house warm
I heard from people in Russia, they did that back in the days when gas was super cheap/free

>all that loss of exergy with electric heating
Gas is better

gas: instant heat, instantly off or lowered when needed

electric: long time to heat, long time to turn off or lower

this. heating up a full teapot on my electric stove takes a good 12-15 minutes. It's fucking obnoxious.

get an electric kettle then. they are based.

the only good electric heating element is the electric kettle

110v amerimutt detected

it still sucks for cooking food

think again, bucko

Attached: horse.jpg (736x882, 66K)

>6
i have one with 4 and its one to much, 3 is the best number the rest of them wont be usable because your pans collide. Also multitasking more than four increases chances that your food will taste like shit.

>he heats his food
>not just eating it raw

>eating

Attached: cute pearls.png (338x515, 192K)

>oven
>110V
found the fucking retard

burgers have 60hz and 120v for home

>being this uneducated
large appliances are all 240V in US

Get a decent one then, mine can boil 2 liters of 8 °C water in less than 3 minutes and the minimum level is low enough to not cook at all a 4mm beef slice left on for 1 hour. It's superior to gas in every thinkable way exept for making roast chestnuts

>Thread about stoves
>Gets confused about ovens
Still based dubs

well to be fair most ovens are also stoves

wtf is a dark ion

good way to fucking burn shit down and explode the house into flames i guess

>he doesn't have fire insurance

Jesus Christ LMAO

>90% efficiency in induction cooking
>55% efficiency in electric coil cooking
>50% efficiency in gas cooking

>gas: instant heat
>electric: long time to heat
Party myth. Induction heating is actually faster at heating than gas. Electric Coil heating is slightly slower.

Being able to cook something while the power is out is nice.

Third world country much? Actually that's a legitimate concern for third worlders since their power goes over regularly.

DAILY REMINDER

If you use an electric stove you are a poorfag and can't cook

What is this nonsense? Why do you zoomers buy standalone cooktops of any type? And why do you measure a cook top just by how fast it can boil water? Do you just not have any use for an oven and never cook anything more complicated than ramen?

how are yo going to burn it down retard?

>using gas

Attached: 2834871aed0529b804b1db7fdb780505.jpg (600x360, 217K)

gas stove is good its an extra lighter if lighter runs out

Breatharian master race.

Cooking is deprecated. If you don't eat out for all your meals, you're a luddite.
>t. don't know how to boil water and proud

What if the gas goes out?

enjoy paying 200 burgerinos a month for power thanks to your """""""modern"""""" induction panel

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 31K)

Cooling the intel i9

Induction has surpassed gas in most aspects of cooking except durability (good luck if you drop a pan/pot on the glass).

Typical home cooked meals average about an hour each day on medium heat which assuming 2 burners used about ~1.5kWh used every day. Assuming meals are being churned out on a daily basis that would all average out to about 550kWh/year or about ~$88 if 16¢/kWh.

Gas can't do that, a $20 20 lbs tank wouldn't even last you a week assuming similar usage.

% efficiency in gas cooking
100% efficiency in heating the house

>slightly slower
>coping this much

But don't forget the inefficiencies in generating that electricity, unless your country uses exclusively renewable energy.

>having explosive gas pipes built into your house and under the neighborhood

who the actual fuck would envision something like this

must be lead/mercury poisoning or advanced syphilis lesions in the brain.

Attached: 0000_.jpg (600x432, 20K)

And inefficiencies in gas generation. WEW. You didn't think gas generation is magic did ya?

Then why not also factor in the energy required to drill and extract the gas, compress the combustible it for storage inside the gas tank, as well as having to truck the tank to the nearest gas vendor and finally into your house.

So? The point of efficiency is that an induction stove heats your pan faster and your kitchen less.

I pay 36 cents per therm of gas, of which the average gas stove on a day where it's used for an hour is about 10,000 BTUs. My monthly cost to use my stove for an hour a day is a little over a dollar. The monthly cost in your example is over $7. I don't know what the fuck you're talking about but you're retarded and electricity would have to cost less than 2 cents per kWh for your nonsense to be correct.

all these poorfags without natural gas connection to their home

>induction
Gas heats water > turns into steam > makes the turbine spin > generates electricity > electricity is transformed and transported for kilometres with huge losses > it arrives to your house and it's transformed into heat again
Very inefficient
>gas stove
Gas is burned and directly heats your food.
Much more efficient and better for the environment.

Running gas pipes into homes is the stupidest thing I have heard since flat earth

How exactly does gas directly heat food?
Hint: It doesn't. There are losses there.
It probably comes out a bit more efficient to use a natural gas stove than an induction stove powered by a natural gas power plant, but the difference is much smaller than you think, as gas generators are more efficient than crude home appliances that burn gas to heat pans.

>I don't care what chemistry you know, unless you were attempting to use your gas burners 24/7 to provide heat, you'd never in your life cause mould simply from using gas over induction.

I agree, how long will it take to get my humidity up to about 40%?

Attached: 20190202_222716.png (720x1045, 43K)

B R A I N L E T
R
A
I
N
L
E
T

Imagine being this setthing

move into civilization you rural retard

Just pray for him, I'm sure the gas loicense his grandfather filed for the family in 1972 will be approved shortly so they can file for the gas permit to their dwelling

>having LIGHTNING go through CONDUCTING metal wire strands built into your house and under the neighbourhood

Attached: durrr.png (1300x2000, 307K)

>Running gas pipes into homes is the stupidest thing I have heard since flat earth

Hank, buddy, you're gonna need to calm down

Attached: serveimage (14).jpg (640x480, 45K)

>having explosive gas being funneled into your home

>>having explosive gas being funneled into your home

>having hundreds of volts tied to your walls

If theres a problem with electricity either the breaker does its job or surge protector triggers

If theres a problem with gas it fucking explodes killing dozens

Attached: 57.jpg (1585x1527, 140K)

Induction is more efficient and boils water faster.
It has been surpassed.

How DID Hank ever rationalize to himself that grilling with propane imparts no flavor and there's zero difference between it and just cooking on the stove inside anyway?

we have a new technology goyim....whats that, your pans dont work anymore...ehehehehe that's too bad to hear goyim, but lucky for you we have some new pots and pans on sale, fully compatible eheheheheeee

DAS AMAZIN.

Attached: jesseleeamazin.png (275x314, 42K)

>Owning teflon and aluminum pans
There are much faster ways to kill yourself, user.

If theres a problem with electricity either the house burns down or your pet salamander gets electrocuted.

If theres a problem with gas you detect the leak and repair it.

Attached: family.png (1064x1204, 278K)

fuck off sven

Attached: F4BDAB90C776468E9347EBA27579ED04.png (448x538, 16K)

according to resources of Finnish Safety and Chemicals Agency most electrical fires are result of user error.

gas is just fucking retarded

My house doesn't even use gas. All new houses here in the Netherlands don't use gas.