Be me, self learning Python

>be me, self learning Python
>went up to data structures in my course
>get to regex and seriously reconsider my career path
Has anyone else burnt out like I have? I am looking into getting back into it but it's just so hard to find enjoyment in programming.

Attached: 1_ZUSN2Xhq7MsEMjCvNOy-Zw.jpg (640x480, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

regexone.com/
youtu.be/sa-TUpSx1JA
regex101.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There are a lot of other jobs out there beside code monkey.

Don't worry, you'll learn to live with the pain.

Don't worry, regex is annoying to learn for most everybody. There's no shame in being slow to learn something, it's not always easy.

This. If you’re struggling it just means you’ll need to take more time to learn and maybe even slow down a little.

it might also mean you're retarded, and there is no way to tell if more time will help.

Here is a great little course which taught me regex basics regexone.com/
Good luck!

You can make it far as a retard if you have some work ethic.

Yea, I got burnt out about 2 months ago, learned a week ago that a close friend who I hadn't seen in a year died around the same time, he's the one who got me into networking and programming, visited his grave and remembered all the shit he told me, keeps me going man.

Attached: 1540051923792.gif (495x297, 602K)

I used that too because it was shilled to me on Jow Forums. I bet the guy who wrote it shills regexone on here.

OP here, I figured it out.

Yes, my dumbass couldn’t understand the concept of objects when i got to it in CS1 but once you get the “ah-hah” moment it’ll click and you’ll just feel retarded instead of actually being retarded. Also regex blow ass but are incredibly beneficial down the line so i would recommend ensuring you understand it backwards and forwards before continuing

regex was really easy for me, with this method:
regexr.com or another interactive (meaning it shows you matches as you go) regex tool. then just run through differend shit you have to parse. dont worry about the concepts, just get familiar with the syntax and itll come naturally.
if you need perspective on parsing, compare regex with things like earley parsing, or parsec (haskell lib)
regex is weird but its actually by far the easiest sort of parsing to learn IMO, with the possible exception of just writing your own recursive parser for a specific application

I hated regex at the beginning but I got used to it.

>regexone.com/
i'm gonna attempt to learn regex now
it's pretty fun at the beginning
kind of like how i learned jq

people told me python was supposed to be easy to learn.

regex isn't something you master, there are hundreds of reference websites for it. Learning regex beyond the very basics is a waste of time and energy

youtu.be/sa-TUpSx1JA

>reference websites
know a good one?

>Jow Forums where retards teach other retards
might wanna delete this thread and sprinkle some theory in there, champ

Attached: Regular+Languages+A+language+is+regular+iff+it+is+accepted+by+some+DFA.+Example_+L+=+{w++{a,+b}_+ (960x720, 60K)

>that filename

at least it's regular

Attached: 099f6911f305b12bd80480b4af5aaeb28f954e2d.jpg (1200x873, 179K)

regex101.com/