The Cyberpunk Manifesto project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html

"What is cyberpunk?" pastebin.com/hHN5cBXB

Cyberpunk directory (Communities, Media, Readings) pastebin.com/VAWNxkxH
Cyberpunk resources (Miscellaneous) pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx

/cyb/ ftp: ftp://50.31.112.231/pub/
ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/

/sec/urity:
The Hacker Manifesto: phrack.org/issues/7/3.html
The Guerilla Open Access Manifesto: archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt

"Why privacy matters" youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk
"Shit just got real" pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0

Cybersecurity basics and armory pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX
Endware endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html
BBS archives textfiles.com/index.html
Various guides to get started github.com/mayfrost/guides/

Reference books (PW: ABD52oM8T1fghmY0) mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw

Thread Archive: archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//

IRC:
Guide github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/IRC.md
Join irc://irc.rizon.net:6697
SSL Required:
#Jow Forumspunk
#Jow Forumssec
#nfo

Schway SSH Textboard: [email protected] (port 22)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8-KvyKNSV7U
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3402836/The-white-knuckle-ride-death-Euthanasia-rollercoaster-thrill-experts-warn-spend-final-moments-feeling-SICK.html
bbc.com/news/business-47106711
top10vpn.com/free-vpn-android-app-risk-index/
altcyberpunk.com/cpfaq.php
web.hypothes.is/
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Disk_encryption
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what happened to /fucko/

bump

What is the point of this thread

your mom

Thread cross posting cause I'm desperate:

Apparently I'm too much of a brainlet to use hashcat. Anyone care to help?
I'm trying to crack hashes created with this python script:
import hashlib
import binascii

password = input('Give a password to hash: ')
salt = b"2213dcd3820c18c559cc389c8bd22e6b3b0b3f410f01ecf1aac95faf1716e169"
pwdhash = hashlib.pbkdf2_hmac('sha512', password('utf-8'),
salt, 100000)
pwdhash = binascii.hexlify(pwdhash)
print((salt + pwdhash).decode('ascii'))

For testing I'm trying to crack the hash when you input "foobar" into the program.

I wrote this python script to put the hash into the right format for hashcat:
import base64

with open("passwords.hash") as f:
content = f.readlines()
content = [x.strip() for x in content]

f = open("passwords2.hashes", "a")
for hashes in content:
beginning = "sha512:100000:"
salt = hashes[:64].decode("hex").encode("base64")+":"
password = hashes[64:].decode("hex").encode("base64")
hashCatFormat = (beginning+salt+password).replace("\n","")
f.write(hashCatFormat+"\n")

I also created a textfile foo.txt which just reads "foobar" for testing.

Then I run:
/hashcat -m 12100 -a 0 -o cracked.txt passwords2.hashes foo.txt

but I cannot recover the example hash. What am I doing wrong?

Hasn't been seen for years and years.

No idea why OP image was wiped, are frog posting banned now? Unfortunately this means this thread now will sink like a stone.

Meanwhile: any inputs to the FAQ?

Attached: BladeRunnerPoster.jpg (2855x4250, 2.75M)

>page 9
bump

Bump

i am hackerman

>kate
r u a gril?

No i am a non-binary transqueer programmer

none
cyberpunk has nothing to do with cybersecurity

same.

Oh, okay. Kill yourself then.

I can relate

Is vaping cyperpunk?

Is jerking off horses ecofascism?

Is grinding millions of baby chickens genocide?

Fuck man, that just hit me in the feels...

Attached: 3nKwt5w.jpg (1600x1200, 144K)

>I've been waiting for a guy to cum and take me by the hand

youtu.be/8-KvyKNSV7U

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3402836/The-white-knuckle-ride-death-Euthanasia-rollercoaster-thrill-experts-warn-spend-final-moments-feeling-SICK.html

Attached: 303C993E00000578-3402836-image-a-6_1452977724704.jpg (634x466, 44K)

Bumperino

Attached: FB_IMG_1421014111234.jpg (550x365, 18K)

>thread is still up in the morning
noice.
what's everyone doing in this fine day of the Lord ?

Attached: 1548934001122.gif (500x340, 540K)

>ftp://50.31.112.231/robots.txt
lol

yes
I'm obviously not rip :(
it feels like it was just yesterday

recovering from a hangover after 20 hours of sleep

Attached: 1517092203546s.jpg (199x250, 11K)

You are late.

Tits or gtfo ya dumb tripdyke

How do I into hacking? Are there any guides? I got an invite to hackthebox, what now?

Start by reading the /sec/ FAQ.

Attached: 1481897511573.gif (500x700, 999K)

What part exactly? If I install kali linux on a VM, and use it to connect to my network as a physical machine (so that it uses my router as a DNS; it's on the same network), will it still be "secure"? And can I use that for pentesting?

>What part exactly?
All of it. And it isn't too big.
ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/Security/sec_FAQ_V1_Preview7.htm

=== /cyb/ News:
A stretch, perhaps, but Cyberpunk was the result of the socioeconomic times of the 80's. That includes the yuppie era that crashed hard in 1987. And now history repeats itself:

>Millennials' pay 'scarred' by the 2008 banking crisis
bbc.com/news/business-47106711
>Pay for workers in their 30s is still 7% below the level at which it peaked before the 2008 banking crisis, research has suggested.
>The Resolution Foundation think tank said people who were in their 20s at the height of the recession a decade ago were worst hit by the pay squeeze.
That is not so different from the world on 1987. The only difference is that the Millenials have not given much thoughts to the Gen X that took the same hit 20 years earlier.

>Economic analyst Nye Cominetti said the UK was "finally starting to deliver a pay recovery", but added: "Whether this recovery continues to build momentum in 2019 will depend in large part on what happens with Brexit."
If history follows the same pattern, and I hope not, we should remember that the recovery in 1995 ended in the dot com crash 5 years later.

So we should be in a position for a Cyberpunk renaissance.

Attached: Trppy2.gif (500x500, 300K)

bump

We started a discussion a while ago about knowledge management/commenting system, but we didn't reach a conclusion.

Essentially what would be handy, is a way to comment/annotate contents on one web site/page (such as the FAQ), and have the comments on a separate web page/site using highlighting and connections between the two.

This is getting close to cross site scripting, so it is hard to find solution. Anyone got one?

Attached: HM2019.gif (1080x1440, 640K)

Attached: cyb-sec.png (2142x858, 598K)

Many ask for VPN advice. Seems main advice is avoid
top10vpn.com/free-vpn-android-app-risk-index/
Also many seem to be owned by Chinese companies.

Why not run OpenVPN on a VPS. You have greater control over 14 eyes. It is great for learning. The potential down side is misconfiguring something and screwing yourself. And how other servers/webistes see you.

What is the point of the comments persisting on the FAQ. Anything that can be said about the FAQ on another site should be discussed here. It sounds like you are trying to bridge two message boards.

>What is the point of the comments persisting on the FAQ.
The idea was not to have the comments persisting on the FAQ but as inputs to editing. Wikipedia has shown that community editing fails to work when the barn star collectors are basement dwelling sociopaths.
>Anything that can be said about the FAQ on another site should be discussed here.
That is the idea. Unfortunately there have been little inputs to the FAQ and we have not seen any revisions since last year. We have open questions on cypherpunks that remain unanswered.
>It sounds like you are trying to bridge two message boards.
Nope, that is not the idea. Rather I would like to experiment with a knowledge management system that does not rely on hosting all source material at the same site as the comments and annotations on the knowledge management site.

I like the Jow Forums model of anonymous contributors where self promotion is not the thing. Reddit and Wikipedia both represent the polar opposite and are unbearable to me. It seems to me that sites with down voting capabilities quickly turn to poo. Certainly there is a lot of noise on Jow Forums but the signal is better than on the other sites. Perhaps the best alternative would have been the pseudonymous culture of Usenet News (where the FAQ originated) but that is dead these days.

BTW I am the FAQ editor, and I think an annotation system would also be a help for me, adding notes before editing.

Attached: YKK_CP.jpg (1200x848, 87K)

I am not sure how you getting more out of the annotation system. I do not think it will get more interaction with the FAQ. As of looking throught archives I have decided to help you with what I can. For annotations on the FAQ and the paste in general maybe we move it to github. For the management system maybe you could forward the logs of comments to an internal/external client and the client can annotate.

>I am not sure how you getting more out of the annotation system. I do not think it will get more interaction with the FAQ.
The original FAQ is here:
altcyberpunk.com/cpfaq.php
I used a lot of links, bookmarks and notes to update it to what it is now. I started somewhere in 2017 and I am not finished yet. And it was really messy and I have since that been looking for some way to keep all the information in a way that is usable. So even if nobody else contributes it makes the editing job easier for me.

For instance, often I come across relevant pages elsewhere that I want to use. A bookmark is easy but I need more than that, such as annotations. Far too often web sites fall off the net so I need a separate site that will not fall off the net. I have a couple of servers I can put into this.

I also have to track what is missing, such as
- what happened to the cypherpunks and cybergoths?
- what happened to Andy Hawks, and is FC still running hidden on the net?
- what is is the origin of alt.cyberpunk? The .chatsubo is documented but I need to add more on the anthologies. Also what happened to the regular crowd?

>As of looking throught archives I have decided to help you with what I can.
That is much appreciated.
>For annotations on the FAQ and the paste in general maybe we move it to github.
I never knew Github had annotation functions, I'd be interested to hear more on that.
>For the management system maybe you could forward the logs of comments to an internal/external client and the client can annotate.
Strangely many web annotation tools are discontinued but one that looks close to what I need is
web.hypothes.is/
A system that takes logs and creates annotation would work. The task seems daunting.

Attached: YKK_38.jpg (800x1148, 92K)

Euro-night is here. Let's keep this alive.

Attached: Cold-Comfort_Rob-Gonsalves-e1437770937202.jpg (1000x997, 324K)

What are some cyb/sec books?
Both fiction and non-fiction are fine

Looking for suggestions to secure my computer in various ways. Post suggestions and how to's.

>For example:
>Hard Drive Encryption - How to do

Arch wiki for dm-crypt

It's not too hard good luck :)

I can not help you with cyb questions. Use a server to mirrior sites. As for web annotations go I have no experiance with them so I can not speak on that. As for making something to web annotate that could be an interesting project.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Disk_encryption
stop shitting up the thread with bad questions

>Hard Drive Encryption
anything that also gives you plausible deniability.

vpn tor and good opsec

Bumping a thread with no image on OP.

>cyberpunk thread
>using ftp and not sftp
you guys are fucking morons