What browser are you using?

What browser are you using?
I'm on Chrome but can't help but feel that Firefox is better / more memory friendly. I wish I could spoiler text that.

Attached: download.jfif.jpg (254x198, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: icecat.png (650x650, 177K)

Attached: google.png (580x332, 78K)

Firefox

Firefox 28

Attached: 3d3d.png (2000x2000, 326K)

Firefox eats more ram than Chrome

firefox has better features. once in awhile they post an update that doesn't leak memory though

Attached: download.jpg (474x263, 6K)

I don't shit on Firefox, I use it everyday and I like it but for me Chrome always be more memory friendly. Even on old laptop with 2 gb ram Chrome works better than Firefox.

firefox - chrome
fucking hell just play with your cocks all day
You realise mozilla gets 85% of its funding from google, right? The browser code is literally identical and the employees of both companies are literally licking each others ass holes

IE, then switched to Firefox in my freshman year of high school. Switched to Chrome in my sophomore year of college
Now I fucking hate Google and am seriously considering switching to Brave

Yeah but I don't care about it. I would use Chrome but fonts looks better on Firefox so

/thread

Pale meme, because new UI suck.

Been using Vivaldi for sometime. Loving it so far.
You can always just change the default font. I personally use Inter UI

Attached: ABhjd.png (396x306, 57K)

Microsoft Edge because I just stopped caring about installing anything and it works

firefox is shit.

Heavily tweaked Firefox

Yandex
So good

>lynx as a daily driver
Yea okay user

Attached: 1546841442978.jpg (734x741, 45K)

>browser code is literally identical
>one is based on KDE code the other on an in-house engine
>both are open source products with literally no single line of code being equivalent
>browser code is literally identical

I have tried Vivaldi but it just has not caught on for me, I still prefer Firefox. What made you make the switch?

WHY in the fuck does Firefox tax my CPU so heavily? What exactly requires so much fucking processing power? Fucking 650mb cpu usage just sitting on a 240p music video, that is atrocious and I demand an answer as well as a new browser

>consuming videos pictures or audio inside your browser

found the brainlet

>650mb cpu usage

Attached: pepe doll.jpg (474x474, 19K)

Its because Firefox doesnt use VP9

Wrong

>Microsoft Edge because I just stopped caring about installing anything and it works

same, just make some settings and if u got win10 pro u can make some more settings in gpedit.msc related to Edge.

i dont give a fuck no more about firefox vs chrome vs bullshit

No joke, yandex. Super fast, better than Google shit.

fpbp

idiot

Using firefox but want to switch to something that doesn't suck as much.

The only thing worse than American botnet is Russian or Chinese botnet.

>better
yes
>more memory friendly
no
Firefox is slower than Chrome and uses about the same amount of RAM. However, it is not a fucking botnet and more customisable. Good enough for me...

Waterfox is the correct answer.

Define "slower", Jow Forumsoy.

Anybody here using Brave?
I mostly use Comodo Dragon.

Attached: brave_browser.png (512x512, 47K)

You should, Brave Is great
I do, it's a good browser

>650mb CPU usage

Attached: 1544390859942.png (933x720, 585K)

>firefox
>memory friendly

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (1438x1079, 305K)

Vivaldi for some things and brave for everything else including this.

>What browser are you using?
Firefox for most of my browsing and Chromium for the sites I use that are heavily JS intensive. Don't care about memory use, I'm not a ramlet. Performance doesn't matter when browsing Jow Forums or reading zerohedge, don't care. Chromium is the only choice for sites that are basically applications and use JS to pull data from websockets & present it various ways; Firefox is just way too slow. The difference between Firefox and Chromium of a few specific sites I use regularly is like using a Pentium II from the 1990s vs using a i9.

Attached: Firefox-Screenshot_2019-02-03_12-05-47-fs8.png (1920x1080, 359K)

Don't fall for the firefox is memory friendly meme, just open a few websites in different tabs on both chrome and firefox to see for yourself.
If you care about privacy and memory usage then the only choice is ungoggled chromium.

Opera but I'm eyeballing Vivaldi right now. Other browsers have absolutely awful UI. Yuzu on my phone, same reason.

~20 tabs open on each instance

Attached: Taskmgr_2019-02-03_22-34-57.png (899x57, 8K)

botnet

Literally only 4 tabs open. At least it doesn't unload tabs like fucking chrome does

Attached: lmao.jpg (612x61, 5K)

Vertical tabs that actually work. Customizing the UI freely. Tab stacking.

All of this natively while retaining the pros of using Chromium.

How good is the ram management on ungoogled Chromium compared to Firefox anyway? I only have 4GB of RAM and I feel like Firefox is leaking memory even though I closed the fucking tabs.

Attached: images (2).jpg (219x302, 9K)

this
also check'd

Extremely good. After opening the browser with 2 or 3 extensions installed it only uses 79mb ram. The ram uses is less than firefox in every way.

literally impossible

Well, try it yourself. Report back.

I'm using firefox and I think about use Brave is it really that good ?

Its just Chromium with built in https everywhere and a shitty adblocker if you are outside the US.
Not worth using imo, but a good normie browser

Its also good on Android since Firefox is pure aids on mobile

It is, it's a great piece of kit, it has a native adblocker so it will perform better than uBlock or anything like that and it has https everywhere, tor and a script blocker built in

>It is, it's a great piece of kit, it has a native adblocker so it will perform better than uBlock or anything like that and it has https everywhere, tor and a script blocker built in
You forgot the bittorent integration through webtorrent or something

No. Brave is a shitty browser with a built in ERC20 shitcoin. It is designed to funnel shitty tokens to the creators of the shitty web browser, and even goes as far to defraud uses by misleading people to thinking that money would go towards the people who run the websites you view, when in reality it just get sucked up by the scammers who created this mess. Don’t use Brave. Just use Ungoogled Chromium or Firefox (or some fork of it), and install plugins to get all the features you actually want (and not get shafted with a fuckload of shit you don’t need).

Don’t listen to these shills:

Fuck. I made a mistake. I was meant to link to *552 where I accidentally did *442 instead

That I did, I personally dislike Brave's bittorrent client but it's there if you like that sort of thing

But you quoted 552

I hate brave. That's why I mentioned the shitty integration of bittorent

firefox with the mitigation guide
spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html
because it is better / more memory friendly.
gnu icecat is also good, for configless brainlets.

firefox at home and chrome at work
its the same shit desu, I just have to keep switching between them at home because after a while they just stop working right

Cent browser just got an update, fucking up de UI again like Chrome. How the fuck do I change it back?

>Vivaldi
Thanks

Unjewgled Chromium would be perfect if this fucking thing would do anything in Chromium.
Firefox can mute the entire tab if you click the speaker icon, in Chromium its just there to show you where the sound comes from

Attached: 12345.jpg (75x49, 1K)

Ungoogled-chromium, but I just started switching to Librefox. I miss the UI customization and I'm worried about Jewgle's URL and adblock breaking shenanigans

There used to be a flag to enable this behavior but Jewgle removed it for no reason at all like they usually do

>The browser code is literally identical
why are you retarded

but why, its so useful

spbp

Go fuck yourself Mr. Pooteen.

We'll never know. Jewgle has been doing it forever. Even the flag to disable smooth scrolling is gone

Chrome isn't exactly known for always doing the things that are the most "useful"

>All of these people bitching about memory leaks
>Doesn't have a Tab Suspension extenstion.

I was able to load about 80-100 tabs keep below 1,000mbs usage just by using the power of that Great Suspension on Chromium.

>Firefox on Mobile
>bad

Bullshit. Firefox fucking ublock orgin or umartix working on it's browser.

Performance is fine as slow you don't install memory leaking extensions.