/hpg/ - Headphone General

Ear rape edition.

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: Headphone-Zone-DT-1990-PRO-13_2000x.jpg (1160x1160, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/o7zkgbc1b6flevp/Beyerdynamic DT1990 (Analytic Earpads).pdf?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Someone's butthurt levels have been elevated over the course of a day.

Attached: destroyed.jpg (1062x1052, 236K)

>precise and lively sound
>ear rape
harmantardons...

Attached: 1522627352532.jpg (530x407, 35K)

*HONK*
*HONK*
*HOOOOONK*

I have an announcement everybody!!!! *HONK* Everybody, I have an announcement!!!!! *HONK* *HONK*

I have an announcement everybody!!!! *HONK* Everybody, I have an announcement!!!!! *HONK HONK*

*blows up balloon and makes a balloon dog* This announcement is gonna be monumental!!!!!!

*sprays water from fake flower* The biggest *slaps you with rubber chicken* most amazing announcement *pulls string and bowtie spins like a fan* you'll ever hear in your life!!!!!!!!! *HONK HONK*

Get ready, for *takes off size 30 shoe, inflating a giant balloon hammer, then whacks you with it* the announcement *starts pulling line of multi-colored cloth from throat* to end all announcements!!!!!!!! *HONK HONK HONK*

Here, just lean your head in closer to this sack of announcements and you'll hear it!!!!!!!

Closer...

Clooooosssseerrrr...

*HOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNKKKKKKKK*
*presses a cream pie into your face*

Stax SR-009 WAS RATED LOWER THAN AKG K701 IN BLIND LISTENING TESTS.*HONK HONK*

Attached: 1549142986442.png (240x221, 87K)

got those and hd660s incoming, i'll tell you if they are earrape and if hd660s are a ripoff later
i work with sound and am not an audiophool

You bought the right Sennheisers at least.

Attached: HD6XXvs.jpg (946x480, 215K)

Based and objectivepilled.

Remember that Stax are objectively garbage and sound worse than mid-fi.
Even their best model scored lower than cheap AKGs in listening tests.

Attached: 1546498796183.png (1027x1369, 784K)

Why are the DT 1990 on any charts if they're consider ear rape? What would be the alternatives?

reminder that the hd600 will forever be shit on as long as hd600 cultists continue to shill them and that this is all your fault. no amount of samefagging will fix this

Attached: 1541480575211.png (1001x1100, 1.08M)

Take a look at this frequency response. No surprise that Stax headphones sound like shit.

Attached: lmao.png (716x942, 235K)

dt1770 if you like closed, intimate and comfy sound

I can try the HD 660s for as long as I want and I found them a rip off for $400-500
I would pay $250

OP is a multi years worth of recurring trolling who generated 3 OP in a row of /hpg/ over the course of a day out of butthurt.

Attached: sapphire.png (1581x543, 98K)

dropbox.com/s/o7zkgbc1b6flevp/Beyerdynamic DT1990 (Analytic Earpads).pdf?dl=0

DT1990 is absolute dogshit. DT880 is better. T1 2nd generation is better. I'm not a Sennshill. The DT1990 is arguably Beyer's worst headphone and audiophools eat that shit up because they're deaf.

Yeah, Stax sound even worse than Beats, lmao

Attached: 1546655414111.jpg (4032x3024, 2.53M)

That’s funny, the Stax looks fine. Meanwhile the HD600 has no bass, screeching 3K peak and veiled treble, famously known as named by Oratory1990 as the “Sennheiser veil”

Jewish communist marketing lies

we get it, you like your non-replicable curve that is psuedo-science

Attached: sameshit.png (662x775, 156K)

Nice Jamal target curve you got there.

How long before I have to stop listening to stax when my ears get sweaty?

>hd660 7hz and 10hz peak
Did someone order treble rape?

they have a moisture guard between the pads and the stator. they have a dust guard between the driver and the outside world. stop worrying about it

You don’t. There is little to no risk of electrocution.

>those 3 and 4khz pushed down further vs the rest of the spectrum
Sennheiser finally designed a good HD6.

Those measurements don't even line up with Tyll, Oratory or Jude. HD660S is darker than HD600/HD650.

Is the dust guard the thing my ear touches, or is it below the grill?

i have a really OLD lambda stax though not the newer ones...i fucked up didnt i?

>You don’t. There is little to no risk of electrocution.
I don't think you could get electrocuted even if you touched the naked wires. But maybe you could get the stators to short and burn themselves?

you don't get to cherry pick measurements and the criticize others for cherry picking. you posted the goldenears graph for years

WARNING: These headphones carry the severe risk of no bass and may sound tinny and cause deafness.

Straight outta L300 manual.

>Oratory
Wrong.
And jude is a literal sponsor shill.

Attached: better2.png (870x1245, 418K)

>i fucked up didnt i?
the old lambdas have a dust guard as well, but it doesn't block out all the dust you fag which is what those foam fillers are for. your bought old lambdas, how did they get so old in the first place and still work?

>harman "curve"
not even top studios or engineers could give a shit about this

Thanks for posting the measurement that agrees with my post. Also here's a dirty little secret. I ordered the HD660S before it was available in the US and resold them a few days later. It is darker than the HD600. I bought it before there was even measurements available.

please recommend me a headphone
>punchy, resolving bass. emphasized >high mids for female vocal that gives me emotional tingles
>laid back trebles

>budget
$200

>I don't think you could get electrocuted even if you touched the naked wires.
I have been zapped by the bias supply of an open amp while it was running. it happens to spritzer all the time apparently. shits so low current it doesn't even matter what the voltage is

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-02 19-13-31.png (1074x458, 68K)

I unironically like the veil for weebmusic and no I'm not sapphire.

Attached: 1548892151652.png (746x1600, 1.36M)

Haafee hd1

HD58X.

>It is darker than the HD600
>t.doesn't know how to read measurements
>doesn't concur with oratory's experience
>t.has a HD600 with ratty 3 years old flattened pads, getting the driver closer to the ear, which should brighten things up and remove some of the bass

why people give a shit about redditor "acoustic engineer" now

>I unironically like the veil for weebmusic and no I'm not sapphire.
The last part was absolutely unnecessary, sapphire would never unironically mention a veil.
It's fine they fit your preference. Nobody's going to take your lunch away.

no one did until harman retards started abusing his measurements so we quote him to show that even he disagrees with their bullshit.

>why people give a shit about redditor "acoustic engineer" now
I'm merely countering sapphire's appeal to authority by showing what his authority actually thinks. I don't personally care what oratory likes because he thinks haram curve is good and I don't.

>how do they work

It's simple, they don't work for long and that's why they are being sold. Also the seller use dust cover to wrap the whole headphones so when the poor buyer doesn't cover it ends up *dead*

>sapphire
fucking stop this already holy shit

>im a stax mafia...just kidding
What the FUCK did spritzer mean by this????

Attached: 1549105902194.png (310x321, 79K)

Older pads make the response warmer. Nice try though.

Best headphones for anime and asmr?

Attached: 1549159602922.jpg (1000x1357, 281K)

You'd want accurate headphones such as HD600.

Accurate in portraying the sound of the veiled valley

Why didn't you give him a recommendation you faggot, why did you respond to my post. You're only here to shitpost.

>You're only here to shitpost.
>t. spams /hpg/ daily for the last 4 years

>everyone who recommends HD600 is sapphire
Fuck off.

>japanese shadman

beyerdynamic dt990

Dude is literally feeling invested in a mission to get every single soul on earth to buy a HD600 and ER4SR regardless of budget and desires.
Post setup + timestamp. We'll be waiting.

HD600.

Let’s see
>uses buzzwords like “accurate”
>spams HD600
Walks like a duck, talks like a duck...

Daily reminder that the shill is the only recurrent, spammy poster who just won't ever fucking post setup.

Attached: silenceisgolden.jpg (881x1386, 257K)

Thanks
He got reddit'ed but still good. Thanks for headphones.
Thanks

Have some butts

Attached: 1549164083249.jpg (920x920, 220K)

Ignore the trolls, get the HD600, it's well received among the weebs here for heavy vocal content.

>Ignore the trolls,
Post your setup.

Sapphire pls...

post yours shill

The usual K702, DT880, HD600 recommendation is a safe starting point.

Unironically the HD600, post moar butts pls.

I know you still won't post shit though.

Attached: t1.jpg (804x1122, 155K)

>treble cannons

Attached: f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg (680x680, 85K)

NO BASS IN EITHER HEADPHONE!

Yup, exactly, NHA pattern.

>is a normie that listens to amateurishly created anime music or other crap
>wants analytical headphones made specifically to make sound engineers job easier

i will never understand, explain to me lads maybe i can finally get it

Analytical is a buzzword, regardless of genre, you want accurate headphones. It's like looking at a calibrated display, colors are accurate, you wouldn't describe accurate colors as analytical would you?

Yeah I don't get why people buy Stax either for weebshit like the 20 year old virgin boomer.

forgot to mention how closed headphones or setups are the standard and preferred thing and what engineers aim for for typical stuff

>>wants analytical headphones made specifically to make sound engineers job easier
That's a fucking meme. There's absolutely no consistency whatsoever among the so-called """"studio"""" headphones. The Sony 7506, DT770, SRH440, M40X/M50X have nothing in common
And they're not really meant for actual mixing and there's no serious attempt at marketing an actual production headphone. People in studios use headphones for things like tracking. The real end job in serious studios is done on speakers.

for music that is released on all the typical platforms engineers like to check with closed setups too as that's what more than half of you listeners will be doing.

They'll check if something sounds wrong. But most of the work involving good mixing is getting stereo imaging right and there is NO replacement for speakers for that.
Nobody has produced actually good records mixing solely through a fucking headphone.

did you forget about dr. dre the best at studio mixing with only a headphone????

What actual professionals think about headphones in general, including the shilled "my accurate headphones" HD 600.

Attached: bobcatz.png (699x778, 162K)

wtf i love planars now?

Attached: 1526397033707.png (697x929, 971K)

He's old and deaf, what do you expect?

>IT DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE I SAY SO
Midfi COPE

He's produced three grammy and you can't even post a pic of your headphones. We know where you lie on the totempole.

Attached: stupid.jpg (600x428, 47K)

>mouse cursor

YIKES!

Attached: 1548908248566.jpg (1000x664, 97K)

>stax are veiled mudcannons
>stax are bright treblecannons for deaf people
pick one already, atleast be consistent in your faggotry

This man is content with his life and his headphones. Can you say the same?

s-shock me daddy

How do you guys solve the hot ear problem? Every pair of headphones I've used gives me really hot ears.

velour pads

Did you try any open over-the-ear headphones?

>pick one already, atleast be consistent in your faggotry
Yeah, on one side
>stax have no treble
On the other
>he calls HD600 murky and prefers stax because he's deaf and hears treble better on the latter
Mind you he also called the HD800 brittle. Peaking at 6khz is a bit more offensive in general.

get speakers/monitors, basically

Openback over ears. Stuff like the L700 are so comfortable it’s easy to forget they’re there.

>he's happy
>you cant even see his crying face

He is basically wojak boomer.

Attached: 1548406431549.png (604x608, 12K)

Large earpads, velour, open headphone, something that doesn't clamp and weight.

>H-HE'S CRYING BECAUSE I SAY SO
Absolute state sapphire, absolute state.