Me? Yeah, I spent two thousand dollars on my laptop...

Me? Yeah, I spent two thousand dollars on my laptop. I use it for everything and now only require a few accessories to get the most out of my computing experience. I have a big black monitor at home for when I want something just a little larger.

I can't imaging buying some old computer and not being able to use one computer for ALL my needs

Attached: Thinkpad-X1-Extreme-recenzja-5-768x576.jpg (768x576, 86K)

I never go outside so I have no reason to get a laptop.

>PC part breaks
>get repair or just buy a new part
Cool
>Laptop part breaks
>expensive to repair or even fucking impossible to
>have to buy a new laptop instead
weeew

>big black monitor
found the cuck

>buy expensive hardware
>jam it into a chassis where it will run hot and never perform to it's full potential
>greatly limit the amount of repair you can do
Get a desktop and buy some cheap lappy for when you actually need to be mobile. Most of you guys do everything intesive at home and just fuck around in emacs outside of home. You don't need a $2000 laptop to do that

Replacing laptop parts isn't difficult for the most part if you don't own a Macbook.

Walk me through replacing a laptop CPU or GPU.

thats a thinkpad nigger
they are made to be serviced

>switches out old laptop motherboard for the going rate of affordable since it doesn't own a Macbook
>proceeds to enjoys 12" screen

Since you're obviously a braincel, buy a replacement motherboard and install.

>doesn't know thinkpads

Attached: fortnite.gif (931x682, 426K)

>buy the motherboard with most components soldered to it
Try and tell me how this is better than being able to replace individual components.

$2000 on a laptop is silly unless you are replacing your desktop. Otherwise, any laptop between $499 and $1k is more than enough for any mobile computing, which is essentially just running a few programs and some web browsing.

You're making a great case on why laptops are bad. I'll be sure to tell everyone at my local coffee shop they are a bunch of retarded faggots and that they are using a ticking timebomb that will lead them to soul-crushing debt.

>I'll be sure to tell everyone at my local coffee shop they are a bunch of retarded faggots
Based and mochapilled

Is a t440p good enough for most computing ?
Im kinda getting cold feet on my purcahse (even though the price i paid was really good), maybe i should just buy an Air and dont sweat it since i dont play games or edit video

Not anymore sadly.

Modern thinkpads score about as well as a MS Surface on repairability. Everything is made from extremely cheap plastic that feels like crap, the keyboard is certainly not the best on the market anymore, and everything is held together by HP-style clips that will snap off if you ever try to open the device.

Thinkpads also have much worse price/performance than even Apple products now, it's crazy.

After my recent THinkpad purchase (which I quickly back peddled on, having come from an X201, I will never purchase a thinkpad again.

Attached: 06hie7y6uqyz.jpg (564x724, 47K)

Hey it's 2019, time to lower your standards. As long as the device is not glued together/everything is soldered on the Motherboard, I will give it a pass.

don't buy chink shit

Yeah this. I tend to go desktop + dankpad especially due to this reason. Repairability is a major factor.

>being so poor that you can't afford a laptop and a desktop.
>posting about it proudly on this very board
Embarrassing desu my dude

sad feels, but have you thought about an xps? They're very nice. I'm on a xiaomi notebook pro and it's sexy too. Repairability is pretty low on both, but you can switch out the ssd or add another if you want. I like mine and performance is good.