>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K or i7 9700K - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X or i9 9900K - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>8GB RX 570, RX 580, and GTX 1060 are standard choices
>RTX 2060 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>RTX 2060 is standard
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is standard
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: serveimage.png (1389x500, 2.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/pdmjD2
pcpartpicker.com/list/Dp2Lgw
awd-it.co.uk/amd-ryzen-5-1600x-six-core-4.0ghz-cpu-asus-prime-a320m-k-motherboard-ddr4-bundle.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAnNXiBRCoARIsAJe_1cqjJ9hcroE29hJR7Cr_aNIoF2Nm8TNzsIHUUa-6rP71fiTJkF-qo_kaAsc1EALw_wcB
pcpartpicker.com/list/rz8sQZ
pcpartpicker.com/list/9MT9dX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Radeon VII

Just want to point out something regarding this image and a comment made in the last thread. There ARE different sized ATX motherboards, some are much wider than others despite both types retaining the basic ATX standoff positions. If someone says "large ATX" they probably do not mean EATX.

Ryzen 2600x seems to frequently alternate in price on amazon AU between $328 and $292. I was ready to hit go at 292 and it went back to 328 which pisses me off enough to want to wait again.
Can we expect any further price cuts this year?

Almost certainly. With Zen 2 right around the corner you know there will be some deep sales on 2000 series.

I like the look of the NZXT H400 more than the H500, but it's smaller.
Can you still have beefy gaming rigs in a Micro ATX case?

i didnt expect this performance when i bough 2060, it seems to match 1080 in a lot of games, 6gb ram seems limiting, but remember, it has better compression and the seems is much higher than previous gen, so 6gb of ddr6 will actually outperform 8gb of ddr5 and use less ram for same scene, Overall this card will probably end up around 5% faster than 1080gtx in 4k.

Sure, you can still use a powerful GPU and CPU combo in a Micro ATX motherboard.

does the smaller space mmake it more of a hotbox?

>ordering proprietary, discontinued drive cages from Germany
REFUSE to fall for the rack meme

Attached: pudding.png (445x565, 18K)

Somewhat, shouldn't be a huge difference though, just look into proper case fans positioning so you can have efficient cooling.

To the user who told me to get the 1070TI Zotac extreme Amp edition for $400 thank you. I went from a 960 2gb to this and it's a nice leap.

>Zotac extreme Amp edition
Pretty sure that was one of the worst 1080ti coolers by a wide margin but on a 1070ti it's probably alright.

>Overall this card will probably end up around 5% faster than 1080gtx in 4k.

Not really. 2060's still lose to it.

But there are many manufacturers of standard rackmount equipment.
What's the matter, too poor to buy new?

it has much higher bandwidth than 1080 which is the main limiting factor 1080. In most 4k gaming reviews 2060 actually already outperforms it.

Really? I've heard a lot of positive (not raving) stuff about it from people in regards to the cooler.

>In most 4k gaming reviews 2060 actually already outperforms it.

Such as?

>This faggot is this deadest on putting a overheating turd into the OP
cringe

Attached: inteli9hardboiledeggmaker.jpg (3840x2160, 796K)

>6gb of ddr6 will actually outperform 8gb of ddr5 and use less ram for same scene
Is this true or is user memeing?

>103 C
>STOCK

Attached: DDAC9CBE-20EC-49FA-A897-5C6DCAA98B96.jpg (226x258, 9K)

I'm not completely sure but I do remember GN doing a video on it and being disappointed that such a large cooler on that 1080ti was so ineffective. GP104 (what's on your 1070ti) is way easier to cool though so it's not a big deal. If it's reasonably quiet then I'm sure you're good to go.

Go drink some bleach, shit for brains.

Not him, but what do you mean? That's a 10 minute stress test so not normal usage

just bought a ryzen setup with a MSI Mortar Ti b450
everytime i restart the computer it loses my fan profile??

>tfw got a ryzen 2600x for 170 on black friday

Damn I guess I was lucky

Attached: 1524244843907.jpg (533x624, 35K)

Excuse, it's actually called Friday of color now.

He's talking roo bucks, m8.

Holy shit fuck Australia

Reposting since I didn't really get any advice last thread.

Brainlet with no experience with building or using desktops.

>State the budget
2.5k USD
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
2080/2070
any high-end Intel CPU
>List your uses
Gaming at 1080/1440p at 120fps
>Monitor
1080p/1440p 144hz with g-sync. Fuck anything AMD.

>Brainlet with no experience
>Fuck anything AMD
Checks out.

originally had mid size case, hyper 212 non-evo, just the 1TB HDD, only the ASUS monitor, and a GTX670

it's fine, it's served me well these past 6 years, the new case and CPU cooler are the shit, my parts stay nice and cool all day

Attached: Current build as of 2019.png (1165x854, 103K)

you don't need any experience to know amd is shit-tier level cpu for broke faggots and computer illiterates. they were garbage yesterday and are still garbage today.

pcpartpicker.com/list/pdmjD2
I tried but I run out of budget. Sorry come back when you earn more you poorfag.

alright boys I upgraded my gpu to a used gtx 1080, but I have a weird problem with it.

I noticed that if I plug in all four display cables into the gpu at the same time the hdmi goes black once every few seconds and turns on again. I have confirmed it isn't the cable and know that for certain, and I wonder if it is the drivers for the card or the card itself? Could it possibly be my power supply?

Should I be sending the card back to the seller?

Zotac 1080 mini and
evga 600w white psu

>900 burger motherboard
Chief what the fuck

>they were garbage yesterday and are still garbage today.
It's actually the opposite in 2019, though if you have a 144 Hz monitor I suppose you can make a case for intel still. That's about the only use case for intel at this point. And before you jump all over me I have an intel CPU and a 144 Hz monitor but I'd still lean strong AMD if I were building new at this point in time.

You wanted intel right? I'm not sure even that mobo can handle 9900k tbf.

I know it isn't the cable bandwidth because it happens on hdmi even if the monitor is set to 1080p.

I'm using two displayport cables and one hdmi-displayport adapter if that matters.

How does Nvidia keep dabbing on the losers with VRAM? They can't get away with these controversies!

I did. I have no clue about the ins and outs of motherboard and cpu compatibility other than knowing a big boy like that is probably gonna need a lot of cooling.

>2060 hit some problems at 8k on GTAV
2060 is good r-right guys?

IDK man the monitor might not have enough RGB for you
pcpartpicker.com/list/Dp2Lgw

Question. Is Zotac a decent brand graphics card? Do any of you have Zotac?

Nice. Should I top off the remaining hundred with some fans or some sort of cooling, or anything else that would make the rig stable/perform better?

I have Zotac. They're usable if you want to get the absolute cheapest card that's not completely dogshit.

I care more about the fan noise. I don't want something loud.

When do HDDs usually go on sale? I'm looking to get around a 4TB Red or Black WD.

I can't properly respond to that, then. I've never been one to care about noise.

>He doesn't care about coil whine
Lucky you.

I need your help /pcbg/
>have Rosewill Destroyer Case (2010 BCE)
>want to install a 280mm radiator to my PC
>try to check website for radiator support
>Rosewill no longer shows the damn thing
>mfw
I know there's 2 120mm fan slots up top, and a 5 optical drive bay that is never used. What's the easiest way I can make this work?

Failing that, what's a good case, I don't care for LEDs and most of my parts don't have LEDs so windows not necessary

Attached: 1443933516334.png (489x563, 312K)

Now this is fucking weird. I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them and it is doing it again, but with a different monitor, not my tv this time.

should i oc my 2060?

I've noticed with GPU's on ebay shipping to Australia from the US, additional import charges apply. Do such charges also apply when buying with Newegg?

Is this legit?
awd-it.co.uk/amd-ryzen-5-1600x-six-core-4.0ghz-cpu-asus-prime-a320m-k-motherboard-ddr4-bundle.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAnNXiBRCoARIsAJe_1cqjJ9hcroE29hJR7Cr_aNIoF2Nm8TNzsIHUUa-6rP71fiTJkF-qo_kaAsc1EALw_wcB

>A320
>Anus
>1600X
>UK
Why

My i5 2500k just died on me and I have £300 to join the future. The 1600x is just a stop gap.

No.

It sucks being a Canucks with these component prices.

why no

>loving intel so hard you type out this autistic shit

OP thinks this shit is A ok and constantly vandalizes the thread to shill it.

Maybe you have to stop posting chink benchmarks

>who cares if out midrange cpu have overheating problems

Attached: housefire i5.png (2001x1051, 189K)

I can post any benchmark intel has shit thermals any way you look at it

Attached: 9900k has worse overclocking than ryzen.png (1327x1222, 69K)

>800 watts
>still slower than AMD
>"take 250 watt vega out of the OP its a housefire"

Attached: chrome_L1HvvVEO1N.png (708x456, 180K)

Just want to get opinions on this. Doing a complete overhaul of my near decade old system. Also would like opinions on the Fractal Meshify C vs the NZXT H500i. Torn between the two. Love the look of each, kinda love the rgb crap on the H500i, never had rgb stuff before. Fractal clearly has better airflow however and that is important..

>pcpartpicker.com/list/rz8sQZ
>just straight up want a high end system, liking Ryzen 7
>1k USD budget
>gaming, video editing, etc
>migrating GTX1070 over from current rig, no need to upgrade, love this card
>current entire rig is really holding it back and the age is starting to show badly

This pic has been debunked the day it got posted
Imagine being so desperate you bring up cpus no one talked about.

>intel isnt housefire i promise

Attached: 9900khousefire.png (1112x833, 74K)

417.75 hotfix appears to alleviate the problem a slight amount. Now it is flickering on the tv again but now I'm positive it is a driver issue and not a hardware issue since it did the same thing on two separate monitors.

this is a shit benchmark this faggot did not have this AIO setup right
A 2700X stock reaching 64C is retarded considering a 2600 with a 4.1 OC barely hits 62 under full load in prime95
2 more cores dont cause that much more heat, especially with a chip that can clock higher easier

r8 my video / photo editing rig. I'm fairly uncertain about the CPU.
Budget would be around $2k.
pcpartpicker.com/list/9MT9dX

>Ah, sorry, I though you were being genuine and not a shill who just throws dirt and lies.
have mercy lad, don't bait me like this. I sit dead center and a good bit of the upper half of the panel is all dark unless I crane my neck up or tilt my monitor all the way down.
Who unironically defends TN shite

Ummm have you tried using a monitor-mount that allows for a lower height? Top edge of the screen should be roughly at eye level for ergonomic reasons alone, and it will help with your viewing angle issue

I'll try something. Thankfully I'm getting an XB271HU next week so this is just temporary.

I would get a better case desu
also a 580 over that $400 1060 (jesus christ) you could atleast get a 1070 or a used 1080 for that price
that SSD is kindof shite but thats what you get at that price range currently
if i were you I would get a 250-500GB EVO and then get some high cache/high RPM disk drives that have decent reliability
also with that CPU you're definitely going to need case fans to go with your build or its going to become an oven
also get the better Noctua Heatsink, the one with two heatsink towers

i have a 1950x and a vega 64. what ram is good? currently running 2933mhz cl16 iirc

also what are some good large capacity ssds? looking to upgrade from my $40 2tb hitachi server drive as my storage drive.

Ahem... *clears throat ... Pooga and Poolaris are housefires.

Attached: gpuperformance122018.png (1143x1005, 520K)

Alright, can we stop recommending the RTX 2060 now? The joke is going too far.

What's a good case, in your opinion?
The GPU is $150 cheaper in my country for some reason.
The system is supposed to be siltent so ideally no HDDs. Storage can be scaled up later on, depending on current need and SSD prices.
Good point with the case fans, I'll look into that. According to pcpartpicker the fat Noctua cooler isn't compatible with either the case or the socket. Maybe it's just being retarded.

Tell me a better alternative retard

a 1080 kek

>'gamer' implies competitiveness
Not at all.

Thank you
these TN nutjobs are quite idiotic
Visuals are every bit as important

Probably represents spikes at max c. Mine spikes up that high at times with an NH-D15. But its usually for half a second at most so some hardware monitors record that as max.

guise, i'm still on an Intel Core i5 4590

will this be good enough and not outright choke some mid range navi card?

Attached: 5123453254.jpg (300x222, 17K)

is ATX generally recomended over mATX for gaming?

Doesn't matter, get whatever you fancy.
Navi is vaporware.

>end up
is the key word there. Driver/game optimization is going to be focused on turing going forward and the 2060 can potentially leverage DLSS, even though that's a total meme right now. OC 2060s already beat stock 1080s in most cases and it's very realistic to expect the gap to grow a few more percent in the future.

cool, so no major downsides to mATX?

Just wait a little longer we're almost there. Mid-range Navi card will most likely be around GTX 1070 in performance. The question remains how costly will it be. Navi is an evolutionary change, not a revolutionary one. It's still the same basic GCN architecture.

matx boards are typically aimed at the extreme budget market so there's not many midrange or higher end choices, especially for AMD. Most mATX cases end up being about the same size as mid-tower ATX cases anyways, plus again you suffer from the same lack of choice since the vast majority of the market is focused on ATX. For example the NZXT H400 is just 40mm smaller in a single dimension than the ATX H500.

If that doesn't bother you there's not really a downside though.

i see thanks for the info - yeah i sure will ... 7nm will reduce the power draw greatly and will be refined down the the road

btw. is there anything that is considered wrong with the GCN architecture?

Attached: 1477053311996.png (217x190, 55K)

Basically it's all about whether you want something like using multiple PCI-e cards or GPUs. However as of late multiGPU setups aren't common since there's enough titles that don't work well with them, it's worth more to just grab one really decent GPU instead.

Another thing is generally, thermals are important. You grab a mATX board, you might not want an ATX case but a mATX case instead and you gotta look for decent ones in that case. While many people like small form factor builds they have the downside of getting a little bit too hot unless you compensate with liquid cooling.

Other than that there's no downside. I would even consider miniITX, though unlike mATX those are actually expensive.

Attached: IMG_20190203_050010.png (2493x834, 755K)

How good is preapplied paste on AIOs? I have arctic silver I planned to use left over my last build, but just realised there’s preapplied paste on my h115i. Should I clean both the cpu and aio with isopropyl alcohol and then apply Arctic as per the norm,

Interestingly, the Mobo I was recomended for a Ryzen 5 build was an MSI Mortar Titanium, which appears to be an mATX board.
I never set out to make an mATX build, but if that mobo is good, and if the H400 doesn't suffer with thermals vs the H500, then I could be tempted

why the FUCK does microsoft not have online tech support?
jesus fucking christ

They do though?

Planning on building in a Fractal S2 case. How do I control the three 3-pin fans included ?

Crucial MX 500 500gb 70€
Samsung EVO 860 500gb 100€
which one should i buy for everyday use?