Just went from 1080p 60 to 1440p 165

Just went from 1080p 60 to 1440p 165.

The clarity is very noticeable. But the refresh rate difference is not really. Did I just get scammed. Everyone said it would be a big difference.

Attached: 1548805578117.png (751x684, 683K)

If you make decisions based on what other people tell you you deserve to lose all your money

>Everyone said it would be a big difference

Attached: 1433796055984.jpg (2407x1196, 1024K)

Had the same experience - the difference wasn't nearly as radical as I was told.
But over time, I got to appreciate it more and more... If you play Doom 2016 and encounter your first cutscene that's locked to 60, you'll think your game just broke...

>He fell for the high refresh rate meme

OH NONONONONO

The only times you'll notice it are when moving your mouse fast.

visit an opthalmologist

If you went high refresh for anything other than gaming, you should unironically kill yourself.

>.jpg
found the brainlet

Make sure the application you are running is set to run at 165 FPS and matching refreshrate as well as verifying that your videocard is set to output at 165Hz, should be in the resolution settings on the specific card settings

woosh

see an optometrist

Maybe your pc is too weak to for the fps to match the refresh rate.

Good job you're blind. Also better keep the display on 144hz and don't overclock to 165, it's worse.

>Did I just get scammed.
You still can return and buy 4k 60

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

the "overclock" to 165hz on the monitors is just the base refresh rate, its part of the marketing to say it "overclocks" higher

Why is Jow Forums getting flooded with /b/ kids, did i miss something?

> Not knowing how to adjust display settings.

The post.

Should have gotten 4K 60.
I tried a 2K 144hz and I smelled the scam immediately, he was very impressed with his trails while moving around on his desktop like an autist though.

>but the refresh rate difference is not really

You high bro? I just transitioned recently and 60Hz looks like shit now.

Humans can't tell the difference past 60fps and 720p so yeah

Bait post.

High refresh is a meme, stable frames are whats important

Exactly, stable 20fps beats varying 50-60fps any day.

Have a (you)

you fucking retard

I dunno man, I can notice refresh rates beyond 60 hz. But this is one visual factor in a myriad of others, gotta take into account screen tearing, micro stutters, frame timing discrepancies, consistent frames as in the highs and lows, input lag, ghosting, all that shit man.

Seriously? Is everyone baiting in this thread? I'd take 50-60fps over a locked 20, it's way smoother and basically the minimum level for playable. Look at PS4 pro exclusives like God of War, when you run it in performance mode it runs at 50-60fps and looks much better than the normal capped shit

It's something console gamers made up to cope with low framerates

how do I refresh my screen?

> Should I get a 120/144/200/240/400000 hz monitor?

If you play games, especially competitive shooters, it's 100% worth it. Every game benefits and it's a nice upgrade however.

If you just browse the web and jerk off, 4k 60 is the better route.

youre an eyelet
i only have a 75hz monitor and it's a drastic difference over my 60hz monitor

u need a mechanical keyboard with no input limit and ducktape F5 key

There's literally no difference, 30fps is all you need. PC brainlets BTFO.

eyelets cant compete, imagine trying to court a female lmao

No man even browsing and shitposting feels much better with a higher refresh rate.

>no difference
>60 fps looks blurry and worse

It's the same person everytime.

no, you're just retarded

You're probably not hitting 120+ fps in the actual game. When I upgraded from 1080p60 to 1440p144 it felt surreal like I wasn't even looking at a screen but at real life. Of course that feeling goes away pretty quickly and you think nothing of it, but when you look at a 60Hz screen again you'll throw up because of how disgusting it looks after 120+.

Not but I thought at first that someone just posted the same picture with different framerates on them as a joke that fps doesn't matter in images. But now when you said it I can clearly see a difference between them, I would go for 60fps every day of the week over 30. Hell, even 60hz is way too low.

Are you sure that you have set your monitor to 165hz? There's a GIGANTIC difference between 60 and 120/144/165/240hz and if you can't tell then you're probably looking at the wrong things. High framerate is only worth it in gaming if you ask me, for desktop use I only notice the higher frame rate on the mouse cursor.

I got a 240hz 1080p TN-panel as a replacement while my 4K 60hz IPS is being repaired. Best/worst of both worlds, will be fun to see what I decide to do when it gets back from the shop.

I have a 120hz monitor and god fucking damn. Problem is between the low resolution and crappy image quality it feels like its only use is for games that can reach that framerate.

going from 60 to 120+ feels really nice, although not essential. going back from 120 to 60 is extremely painful until I get used to it again.

Should have gone 4k

You will get used to it. I spent around 5 years using 120hz and went back to 60. Not pleasant at first but nowadays I'm fine on it.

>Should have gone 4k
Stop upgrading until they release 16K.
The old analog technology (50mm film) was the equivalent of >14K.

The film 2001 by Kubrick was shot on 70mm. You would need than 16K+ to see it in all it's glory via digital.

Attached: Drive In Theatre.gif (1040x500, 338K)

My bad auto-correct.

You might not notice if you don't know what you're looking at. I find the difference between 60 to 75 noticeable. I even stop playing shooting games after I bought a 60hz 1440p monitor.

You're just blind, I can tell the difference between 60 and 75 FPS with no issue and that's a much smaller difference.

personally I can tell the difference between 50, 60 and 75 hz just by moving the mouse cursor or a bright window around, but I've been computing so long I'm used to the afterimages from 60 hz, so not seeing them is very obvious to me.

Why did you go back down? 4k?

Nah, this was years ago. 1680x1050 TN 120hz to ultrawide 2560x1080 IPS 60hz.

My whole philosophy is to go up in every way, so I'm going to do what OP did.

Frequency and refresh rate matters little to me too.

Any new screen blows me away with how good it is. I used to play games on a shit tier CRT monitor once.

If you have the budget go for it.

In my case it's kinda bothersome, because the 120hz monitor looks absolutely awful in comparison with this one. No amount of calibration will fix it. However 120hz is still impressive.

If you don't atleast have stable 60 frames what are you even doing

/thread

I went 144hz to 75hz Ultrawide and can never go back, using a 16:9 monitor again feels like shit and movies on it are fullscreen.
I'm not exactly a heavy gamer and when I did game I could never really push more than 80-90 FPS unless I played on low settings anyway. Ultrawide in games feels amazing, Resident Evil is very immersive. The PPI is shit (35" 2560x1080) but then so was my old monitor (27" 1920x1080).
When working with multiple programs open it's much more convenient than multiple monitors, or if you have a massive excel sheet open then it's bliss.

Just because the analog "resolution" is there does not mean that it is visible at normal viewing distances.

I was thinking about anything 2k or ultrawide with freesync, that's all that matters to me. Aside from image quality too, to be honest. I was working a few months ago with a really shitty freesync monitor by philips and that was legit headache inducing, the monitor had terrible backlight bleeding. And it being bigger on 1080p didn't help of course. I'd rather have a small 2k than a fucking gigantic 1080p monitor.

Ultrawide is nice but I'm not gonna lie, sometimes it's cumbersome with a few games. Right now CS:GO has a bug with ultrawide resolutions where it stutters heavily, ever since they went f2p and included danger zone. And sometimes I'd like to switch to windowed fullscreen while also choosing a 1920x1080 resolution to save frames, but can't do that. Native or bust.

Dumb fucking OP. Can your graphics card even output anywhere near stable 165 frames? No? Then youre not experiencing 165Hz. This is why adaptive synchronization (freesync, g(ay)-sync) are mandatory for higher refresh rate monitors. This way your monitor's refresh rate will always match the frame rate and give you a smooth, consistent, lag-free gameplay experience. Unless you're running Doom 2016 on Low with a 2080 Ti, you're never going to see a stable 165fps in any (recent) game, let alone on high settings.

And if you don't play games, then why the fuck did you get a 1440p monitor and not a 4k one?

explain why u wouldnt just get a larger 16:9 4k with more vertical size as well as width vs an ultrawide

I don't want a giant fucking TV as a monitor?

Doom runs on any card, it's not just the 2080ti and it can run at ultra settings with 165+ fps

4k and 8k are the future you fell for the poor fag 1440 p buyers remorse scam

Did you actually change the refresh rate?
Also you really notice it if you go back to 60 after using something higher.