Fucking wine has better cpu performance than windows

>fucking wine has better cpu performance than windows
you can't make this up

Attached: performance.png (1683x1296, 181K)

>only 8 GB of RAM
Why are you holding back your hardware user

I'm gonna buy more but for now i don't have money

bump

Windows benchmark runs with 3.20Ghz while your Linux one runs with 4.60Ghz.

neofetch shows the max turbo frequency and windows shows the base frequency retard

Attached: 4d1181d4.jpg (1279x719, 108K)

I mean on the benchmark application, not neofetch

both of them get the value from the same place

Attached: Screenshot_20190203_141929.png (624x109, 21K)

who cares

R-right winbros?

Attached: a09.png (772x804, 414K)

I think wine runs your programs on max Turbo frequency, while windows runs them on normal by default. Try redoing the test on the same clock speed for more accurate results.

>I think wine runs your programs on max Turbo frequency,
Wine does not control it, retard.

in both cases the frequency was 4.3 ghz which is the maximum for 6 cores load on this processor
the windows doesn't control it unless you lower it in power settings

I can confirm that Neofetch doesn't check or care what the CPUs actually running at. On Intel it'll show the max boost frequency. I do wonder where it get's it's number from because it shows the base frequency on Ryzen CPUs (even if it's actually idle and running way below or compiling and running above).

Attached: neofetch-fs8.png (1241x734, 103K)

Try rigging your tasks priorities on both OSes for changed throughput and latency.

To clear up-
Wine has overhead and won't be as fast as native binaries
Windows scheduler is worse than macos and the poojeets in charge should be ashamed.

Keep in mind the default linux scheduler isn't great either, but it's better for RedHat so it stays instead of using CK which would be better for desktop use.

>Wine has overhead and won't be as fast as native binaries
That's not always the case. WINE is not an emulator, it's a re-implementation of Windows APIs and code in your executable runs natively on the CPU. Windows programs can and do run faster under WINE. There is one big important exception and that is games using proton which translates DX12 to Vulkan. That translation does have overhead which results in lower performance. Cinebench doesn't use DX12 or graphics at all so it's not shocking that it's faster under WINE.

Wine must go through *at least* two layers of abstraction, that's more overhead than a 64bit program running on win64. (but the same as a 32bit win32 application running on on a 64bit CPU, provided WINE is running as wine64)

To build on this, all the x86 logic runs normally, maybe with fewer interrupts by the Linux kernel. The syscalls on the other hand can have a larger overhead on wine, but I don't think the benchmark tests file IO and stuff like that.

>linux max priotity
1444 points
>windows max priotity
1428 points
but windows max priority actually made mouse cursor lag while performing the benchmark

Winbros ... This is fake right?

>high end CPU
>cheaped out on GPU
>cheaped out on RAM
but y

windows users on a suicide watch

>windows runs them on normal by default.
absolutely seething retard

>2030
>windows software works better on linux

This only goes to show that OP is smart. Seriously. Have you looked at RAM prices this week? You can have 16 GB 3000 CL15 RAM at 3/5ths of what I paid. GPU prices have also gone down a whole lot the last few months. The only thing that's actually gone up in price is high-end Intel CPUs.

It's not like OP can't buy more RAM now that prices have come down. manlets never learn but ramlets can.

That's cool. Does it make it the current year the Year of Linux Desktop?

Linux is still fast enough to where you can use normal stuff with only 8GB of RAM.

>manjaro
hahahaha.

I'm glad your hobbyist OS is making you happy, user.

Wine is not an emulator.

The year of linux desktop will never come, plebs will always be getting inferior product, be spied on and fucked by corporations
Meanwhile a niche group will use superior software with superior performance and no overlord watching over all of their machines

How European are you to not have 50$ for ram?

Who said it was?

Ok, gnulix cultist, just keep having fun.

this but unironically

we'll also have our own underground internet separate from the normie internet which will eventually succumb to telecoms trying to turn it into cable

>he never looked into his Windows power saving option
I bet its still balanced power efficient fgt, try high performance maxed

Of course. Windows has massive overhead from all the telemetry buggery.

nobody gives a shit about neofetch. look at the fucking cinebench stats

Attached: .png (305x84, 2K)

IT CANT BE TRUE WINBROS!!!!

Why is the left one running 4.6GHz, while the right one only at 3.2?

I unironic run Arch
Better luck next time

Attached: 4c9.png (645x729, 93K)

has anyone done a battery of benches?

>doesn't show the end result
So you fudged the workload to fit your narrative, cool story bro.

Windows can't into multiple threads, that's a well known fact.

it's not about the hardware...
its about how u use it bros
hardwarelets rise up

Attached: 2019-02-02-173149_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 1.36M)

>doesn't show the end result
its that cool orange bar, orange man

Attached: brainlet-empty.jpg (550x545, 46K)

This may be true. Wine always uses a core at maximum speed constantly for me. Even if I'm in the main menu of a very old game it'll use 100% of a single core on my machine.

No you fucking tard
The workload, the big rendered image on the right of the benchmark window, if you make a simpler one you score higher without any actual performance improvement, hence if it's not shown it's most likely bullshit.

on my machine is the opposite, for example darksouls 3 uses 20% of each core, while on windows it uses 100% of 2 cores

>if you make a simpler one
there are literally no detail settings in the cinebench program, fuck off wintoddler

>Linux is more CPU efficient than windows
No shit.

Do you understand what a fucking wrapper is?

>there are literally no detail settings in the cinebench program, fuck off wintoddler
Well of fucking course they're not gonna give you the way to fake benchmarks in the benchmarks, doesn't mean you can't do it.
Besides the only thing you have to do is redo it and have a complete screenshot, it's not hard so why act like a shitter if you've got nothing to hide.

>OP faked the benchmark by modifying the .exe like a pro hacker just to ruse us winbabies on 4channel!
kys

Attached: brainlet.gif (644x714, 35K)

Why so defensive user, if the claim has merit certainly you can reproduce the results and provide proper proof this time.
It shouldn't be too hard to understand for such a big brained boy like yourself.

>Why so defensive user
Because there's a marketing company monitoring Jow Forums who has university students employed to fill all threads with information that's damaging to Microsoft with regarded fag-talk.

Just look at the lame excuses trying to defend the slow and poorly designed botnet joke of a OS that is Windows, it's not hard to see that these people would write anything to defend their employers customer.

Attached: microsoft-shilling.jpg (6024x5624, 3.81M)

I've got uncropped screenshot, here
I'd say even more, you could redo this benchmark yourself to check if it's real

Attached: screenshot_20190203-103553_3640x1920.jpg (2548x1407, 484K)

You're fucking retarded. Back to /v/, shit for brains.

and here's the windows score

Attached: windowz.png (2466x1380, 1.06M)

Not my problem, if you present results in such a way that they could easily be faked I don't see why I should just take your word for it, especially considering people will shill absolutely anything and not just windows.

Nice thanks
>I'd say even more, you could redo this benchmark yourself to check if it's real
Why would I when I can just yell at people on the internet with some semblance of righteousness.

wallpaper?

sure thing pal

Attached: Cohi.png (2048x1138, 1.07M)

Actually happening right now with some vulkan-based games.

download?

It's a wrapping dynamic linker, though.

Interesting.

Name one

there you go nigger, another test sample

Attached: cinebench-windows-btfo.png (2560x2160, 2.76M)

SHUT THEM UP
HOW WE WILL SELL GOY LICENCES AFTER THAT

Attached: serveimage.jpg (685x476, 49K)

Based shills doing God's work.

better than saving out on other parts, ram is the only part (ok, also your coolers but if you are low budget you're not gonna get a new cooler before you got new ram) you can just go and buy another 8gb next month without having to do additional stuff

Years ago I extensively benchmarked Photoshop CS2 on Windows and Wine running on fuckin' Solaris, and it performed better on Solaris than it did on native Windows. I'd imagine it is even better with Linux.

I'm fairly sure cinebench determines score based on system time, if wine is not using same method of measuring time as windows the score is going to be inflated, instead of comparing score compare real time to finish the render with a stopwatch and that should give us a real comparison.

Well Wine works by providing library replacements and translating system calls so there will be some differences, deep down it's using whatever platform's system calls for stuff like time, unless Cinebench is simply doing the timing itself by storing the start and end times of its run from the system clock and comparing.

You just did make it up, nibba. TrannyCoC lovers are retarded.

>i-it's fake
Recently file creation has been show to be ONE THOUSAND TIMES SLOWER on Windows 10 than it is on Linux. Is there anything Windows does faster than Linux?

The spectrum

Reinstalling Candy Crush with every update

well I point that out because cinebench is pretty shit at picking up grannual changes and score can be inflated in many ways even on windows, just closing explorer, setting cinebench priority to real time and moving window to the side of the screen so it doesn't have to display the render can boost score by few % even if there is no actual difference in render time, this kind of side to side difference with no context to testing methodology is pretty worthless with benchmark like cinebench

>closing cpu hogging processes changes the score
how did you found that out, captain obvious

clearly not obvious enough if you read through this thread

Dynamic linking only happens once when a process starts.

Has never happened to me on either one of my Win 10 machines.