SSD prices are too high WTF!!!

>SSD prices are too high WTF!!!
fuck off zoomer

Attached: Screenshot_20190203_151759.png (1195x578, 169K)

It's not 2010 anymore, retard.

exactly my point.
in [current_year] ssd prices are fucking good.

OP is on crack
>overpays for everything
u must work for the gov

Attached: SSD.jpg (693x401, 69K)

IKR, OP you dumb fuck. Maybe use google before you make stupid fucking threads. SSD are so fucking cheap to acquiesce if you just use your fucking brain!!

Simpleton check the date in the first image

Still too high. Call me when they're cheaper than HDD.
>HURR DURR MY OS BOOTS 1 SECOND FASTER WITH MY SSD!

Based and HDDpilled

Found the illiterate zoomers

It's almost as if good and bad aren't objective terms.
You're clearly having trouble understanding the OP's intention.

Yeah, SSDs are pretty good right now, but I'm skeptical that QLC is the way to go.

Your everything will boot faster with an SSD.

Attached: retard.jpg (349x642, 29K)

bought my first boot SSD back in 2014 and it was a 128gb kingston that cost $180, fast forward to last month and i bought a 1tb m.2 for the same price

>1 second
this is what HDDlets actually believe

>needed almost a decade to drop 10x in price

Attached: 1457315131429.png (638x638, 770K)

>ssd only makes boot times better
It's so fucking easy to spot the morons who have never used an SSD in their life

>2010
>almost a decade
LMAO you can't fucking cou... fuck.

Time is running faster and faster

>2010 was 9 years ago
and not a thing has changed really

how many more writes does she have bros? im worried

Attached: 1543512578452.png (672x672, 85K)

sadtbh

probably about 94%

>im worried
There is no reason to be worried
You still have 94%
SSD limited writes is a meme, while it's true that there is limited writes, the limit is so large that only purposeful abuse can cause NAND to fail from too many writes in a short time

thanks gentlemen

I just bought one less than $30 last week.

No shit they're better than 2010 prices, but they only recently became better than 2015 prices again.

you cant just compare prices in the past and imply that they are low now

How do you read that stat?

the program is called crystaldiskinfo

>turn computer on
>walk away
>make cup of coffee
>computer is on but not past windows loading screen yet(in b4 use gnulincuck)
>watch windows logo for another three minutes
>it finally starts
>login
>watch the blank desktop load for another three minutes.

i really hope you enjoy your hdd and coffee making time.

E7 SSD life left

I know, but what are those numbers especially raw numbers mean?

If the current or worst value gets below the threshold value, your HDD/SDD is in trouble basically and should be backed up/replaced
The raw value displayed in HEX is the actual count of certain events
For example power on hours start at a 100 and go down as a percentage basically and once it hit's 0 it's time to replace it
The raw value for the power on hours would be the actual hours the drive has been on

the only problem i've had with SSDs was a SF-2600 drive controller with bad firmware

>drop
>10x

sandforce was absolute crap. everyone I knew said to avoid it like the plague.

You've got 32TB out of a rated 64TB. It'll probably die around 100TB though since those ratings are usually conservative.

Literally noone says this unironically.

>>>computer is on but not past windows loading screen yet(in b4 use gnulincuck)
imagine using an operating system so bloated that you need to buy special extra-fast storage for an additional charge just to make it usable

imagine being a gigantic homo
oh wait you dont have to imagine

Don't worry, I have a Crucial M4 since 2012 going strong at 91%, I'm gonna change it just because 128gb is not enough these days

I can get myself a 1tb SSD for 171 usd I think that's a pretty good deal and prices keeps getting low.

Got one on Ebay for 12€
Nice :)

the funny thing is seagate bought sandforce a few years back

>the hd manufacturer with the worst reputation now owns the ssd controller manufacturer with the worst reputation

>almost 9 years
>1TB still above 100$
Fucking flash kikes

Only if you compare it to 2010 prices dumbass.

If you compare it to HDD like anyone else, SSD are still shit for money if you need storage. I can get 5 TB for $100 today, SSD are lucky to get 1 TB for $100.

However the gap is closing, 2019 should have been the year you would get 1 TB SSD for $50. But due to NAND cartel(they're getting sued by the Chinese government), the prices were inflated.

Found the Zoomers

you're paying for read and write speed more than actual storage space though. why is that so hard to understand? companies should sell you the product for the same price or cheaper because the slower larger alternative has more storage space?

No shit faggot
There's no point comparing it to HDD because they're made for different purposes, only morons use SSDs for storage
nice reddit spacing by the way

So you're saying you won't buy a 5 TB SSD for $100 over 5 TB HDD for $100 for storage?

Wow what a true believer

>>Only if you compare it to 2010 prices dumbass.
What frame of reference are you using for price fairness?

What program can I use to give me a highly detailed deep analysis of an SSD's health? I want to know exactly how worn and/or damaged an SSD I have is, not just read off SMART data saying "ok" all over. Windows or Linux is fine.

There's obviously other factors to take into account
How much can I read/write? What's the expected lifetime of each? Is this a boot drive or storage? Hot or cold?

>boomer brings up 2010 prices to argue about the thread
>I bring up counter argument using 2010 prices
>boomer complains its unfair to use 2010 prices
kek

>If you compare it to HDD like anyone else,
Anyone who compares SSD storage space to HDD storage space is a retard. SSD is going to be more expensive, but they're also going to be thousands to tens of thousands of times faster than any hard drive.

Everyone compares SSD to HDD. SSD are a direct replacement. Claiming otherwise is just being a contrarian. "Oh SSDs are only for quick speed, nothing more" is just post-defeatism rational that sounds good on the paper, but changes nothing about the nature of reality. SSD will continue to get better and replace HDD in the coming years. What next after 5 or 10 years when SSDs reach 10 TB for

HDDs store lots of data for cheap, but have slow access. This doesn't matter for most data.
SSDs store an order of magnitude less data for the same price, but have extremely fast access. This is important for some data such as programs, your OS, or vidya.
Until consumer SSDs start beating HDDs in capacity it'll make more sense to supplement an SSD with a hard drive.

>tfw bought 256gb ssd for $250 dollars back in 2011
Ah yes, a dollar a gig, quite a deal there.

Attached: 1530129852953.png (380x349, 70K)

>Until consumer SSDs start beating HDDs in capacity it'll make more sense to supplement an SSD with a hard drive.
No one's denying that. SSDs prices/performances/storage are subject to change as the technology/transparency/crackdown from government continues to improve.

>>retard