What's wrong with Gnome 3? Why do people hate it so much?

What's wrong with Gnome 3? Why do people hate it so much?

Attached: 1547504700219.png (500x815, 109K)

pressing super all the time sounds good but in practice is bad

lacks consistency and what i mean by that is to be able to see your windows' tasks all the time like in win 95
auto hiding makes the de 'unstable'
win 95 task bar type thing make it 'stable'

>pressing super all the time sounds good but in practice is bad
So don't press it.

>to be able to see your windows' tasks all the time like in win 95
You can configure it to do that.

>auto hiding makes the de 'unstable'
Disable auto hide

>i am an idiot
Stop being an idiot.

>So don't press it.
the point of gnome3 is to press it
>use a hacky addon
no
>Stop being an idiot.
nou

It looks and acts like a phone UI

It lacks customisability and looks like shit.

>pressing super all the time sounds good but in practice is bad
So don't press it?

This. Also where am I supposed to store all my files without desktop icons?

Well if for you the point to use it in inconvenient way, then go for it, I don't mind.
You need to be a little more subtle with your bait.

>Well if for you the point to use it in inconvenient way, then go for it, I don't mind.
you obviously don't understand how gnome3 was meant to be used

besides that a bigger annoyance is the overhead and the slowness or low fps[?]
nautilus could also work better if it loaded only visible thumbnails instead of raping your hdd and making wait all the time

I unironically read the manual how to use out of curiosity, and it never stated "always press super".

It's not Cinnamon

nothing, using it right now.
also I used urxvtd but it's just easier to swap colors with gnome-terminal, also it is daemon based

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-03 09-58-28.png (1600x900, 1.02M)

you ''read'' nothing
in g3 everything revolves around that one button

KDE exists

yes like in other fucking desktops and window managers retard. Like is this the first time you go out of windows? it's not good to steal alt from the system because other programs use it normally, while meta is not used for anything

wrong g3 is nothing like other fucking desktops and window managers, shows how off you are

>meta moves windows
>meta open dmenu
>meta does fucking everything
>hurr i3 is not the same
are you stupid? is the fucking same thing, just that if you press meta once in gnome it opens the overview, which is like dmenu you start typing to open something, or useful to check where you left some window instead of having to cycle through everything.
If you can't use gnome you are beyond retarded.
I love how the overview triggers retards because they think that's like the default view of the desktop

if you want a DE thats bloated use KDE. if you want a light one use LXQT. if you want a wm use dwm. there's no convincing reason to use gnome other than being a mac fag who got lost

>KDE
>bloated

>is the fucking same thing
it's not
your examples = meta + another key
that's just a shortcut

you just showed you don't even know what we're talking about

the point of using gnome is that is not fucking bloated like kde and is a sane compromise to a window manager with the workspace thing. kde is literally linux windows edition. gnome is just the search and applciation launcher, workspaces and settings for hardware, all I can ask for a gui.
avoiding the most wide used de is just being hipster

It's slow, but this is getting fixed with 3.32. You can try the patches right now if you use Arch or Manjaro.

Other than that it's the same shit: press a button, search shit, launch shit, get open windows as a bonus. You can move the dock out of the overview if you want. Customization is a meme. It's a ripoff of fagOS but better than the original.

>waahhh a key does something
you are fucking stupid, you are saying it is made around a fucking key, what the hell?
How is that an argument retard?

i said in practice you have to press it a lot and it gets tiring / disorienting

>hurr durrrrrr pressing key bad me tired
what the fuck? on i3 you have dmenu and kde has the search bar, like every fucking desktop of this decade. If you get disoriented because the window moves in the overview you are just fucking stupid, like go to the gym faggot how can you get disoriented because of pic related? fucking basedboy

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-03 11-19-50.png (1600x900, 528K)

pngquant.org

what im saing [again] is that irl g3's concept doesn't werk good
that's why rec xfce with 1 panel on bottom ala w95

>Removes features
>Tell you that you were using your computer wrong anyway
Nothin personnel kid

Attached: 1ys0zg.jpg (800x800, 69K)

Not him, but what exactly doesn't work well about Super? You can use the top left corner to do the same as pressing Super. In fact, I dare you to name something that HAS to be done using the Super key, because I have used Gnome with a Model M that didn't even have that key and it worked fine for me.

>what exactly doesn't work well about Super
didn't say that, it werks, i said in practice it's bad mostly to switch windows; that's why you'll never see it on an accountant's pc anything government [ie adults]
it sounds great but it's really not, so shit like d2d could help but then you don't use the comfy overview

gnome3 is a joke

no de should abuse your pc just so it can work
it should never be felt or heavy

Manual clearly states when you need to use activities overview and when to use shortcuts (and don't use it). GNOME developers fucking tell you not to use overview if you use keyboard. But you chose both inconvenient and NOT recommended way of use and manage to say that its how its meant to be used.

Are you really THAT retarded?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-03 21-45-15.png (1015x494, 66K)

so you're saying gnome has ppl press 2 keys to change windows and call me a retard

javascript

I am saying that you are retard because not only you are using it in a inconvenient way, but also blaming developers for you using inconvenient method like they are holding your hands and intervening each time you are trying another (and actually described in a manual) method.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-03 21-57-35.png (1008x528, 71K)

>customization is a meme
Spotted the zoomer who hates variety, options, and free thinking
>just sandbox my shit bruh I'm already brainwashed

Attached: IMG_0378.png (500x400, 412K)

>free thinking
oh sorry I'll just install i3 and put an anime wallpaper like everyone else

so fucking slow, I ran it on a weak computer and it run like shit, but kde plasma was smooth

Attached: nojazz.jpg (540x720, 53K)

could you speak english please

do you have a reading disability or something

As mr. Torvalds himself once said, it took them two years to finally be customizable enough to look almost as good as gnome 2 did

How can you not fault the developers for giving me the option to use it ineffectively?

Because Gnome 2 is objectively better in almost every way

Why does gnome 3 not have a system tray by default without an extension?

I wouldn't have a problem with it if the devs wern't such assholes, it didn't rely on systemd, wasn't coded in javascript, and didn't try to hide and remove features. I went from gnome to openbox and it's so much fucking better though it's a shame gnome has so many issues. I like it's workflow and it would be so much better if it was coded well
they removed it for no fucking reason

This.
The fact that I can make Plasma 5 function basically the same as GNOME 3 (Window key centric stuffs) at a fraction of the resource usage yet the opposite is true in all senses when it comes to making GNOME 3 function like Plasma 5 should be very telling

Attached: 18465cb8b5d560d825cd85ddf6d58ec17166e77b3ad387a78c4e2bfa3c66f9c0.jpg (670x503, 31K)

>Removed for no reason
Wtf

It's shit. It breaks every two minor versions, you have to install extensions for everything because the devs think having options is bad.

Microsoft unironically perfected the GUI shell. There's no need to fuck with it. Gnome fucks with it, and its unintuitive garbage.

xfce is the only *nix desktop environment that has its shit together.

>There's no need to fuck with it
ui's peaked awhile ago, but adult daycare is better than homeless people I guess

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 11K)

>at a fraction of the resource usage
Pfffft,get a load of this clown.Both DE's use almost exactly the same resources, it's been shown time and time again in these retarded threads.

>at a fraction of the resource usage
>plasma-shell 280MB
>*krashes*
>gnome-shell 140MB
come on faggot, kde is just windows on linux

Attached: GNOMEvKDE.png (1345x469, 302K)

they hate us cause they ain't us

I like it for laptops or 2-in-1 laptops. Never install it on desktop or personal thinkpads.

KDE 4 or Gnome 2 are the best choice for windows users migrating over.
Gnome 3 is for tablets and phones.
KDE 5 is for Krashes and screen tearing.