Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L9HaNbsIfp0
digg.com/
digg.com/channel/donaldtrump
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good times.

Attached: digg.png (902x2692, 656K)

then go suck that digg

Attached: Screen_Shot_2013-10-30_at_6.33.18_PM.png (970x450, 196K)

kino
remember KAT?

Oh the 09 F9 shit I remember that. People even turned it into songs. youtube.com/watch?v=L9HaNbsIfp0

I am surprised to see Digg and even fucking MySpace nostalgia on Jow Forums lately. If you actually dislike Facebook and reddit, I hope you see the discrepancy.

still exists

These weren't owned by Zucc.

Remember when forums existed
Remember when IRC wasn't dead
Remember when firefox didn't suck
Remember when every website wasn't a JS abomination

Anons, digg is still around.
digg.com/

So you'd be okay with a website identical to reddit that was owned by somebody you liked? The owner can't overcome fundamental problems with how the software works. That's THE lesson of Slashdot, Digg, reddit, Hacker News, etc. Don't forget that Paul Graham made Hacker News because he was disappointed with reddit. It eventually just became a more serious and higher average IQ reddit.

I think that sucks more than I remember Digg sucking.

I have always felt the main problem with news aggregators is a vote system and abusive power mods. Jow Forums excels in that the only thing that matters is your comment getting replies.

>the only thing that matters is your comment getting replies
Which incentivizes bait. Maybe 2chan was right all along.

But then what is the best content ranking algorithm? random order?

Comments don't need ranking. It is enough to show them in chronological order and have a report function to remove those that break the rules. For news stories it is more difficult and basically an unsolved problem. Bump order floods you with short controversial "guaranteed replies" stories, like "literally who" tweets. Voting pushes stories with the broadest possible appeal to the top and hides everything niche and controversial. You get bland stories that 1000 people sort of liked in place of stories that 100 people loved, which tend to be more interesting. With chronological order noise overwhelms signal.

>they don't even use https

Attached: laughing_pepe.jpg (258x245, 12K)

Their certificate is invalid if you try.

>proto-r*ddit
memba to go back

>content ranking algorithm
monkey brain behaviour: now in numerical form!

Attached: 1549081135652.gif (320x240, 2.79M)

THEY HAVE AN ENTIRE SECTION FOR DOMBULT CLUMPH
digg.com/channel/donaldtrump
AHAHAHAHAHA DIGG IS DIGGING THEIR OWN GRAVE

I remember initially liking it, it was pretty cool and then the more I went there the more I found the community to unfunny try-hard twats. Then later I found out they became reddit. The community never changed.

It all comes from bad old Slashdot.

as proven by roblox, yes

That's a sick gif dude.