/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: __original_drawn_by_suya2mori2__7e1a5e4c72afa415ae606489ec1c8c1d.jpg (775x1189, 740K)

Other urls found in this thread:

diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/tutorials/neutral-sound-an-utopia/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Katz
innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeLCD4.pdf
youtu.be/DXD6wFEpYeA?t=214
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

WHERE ARE THE CUTE FEET?

CUTE drawing of ME.

Notice how right at exactly the same time we had 3 posters in the previous thread all flooding and spamming the same garbage. They all started within almost the same minute of each other. Purely coincidental and definitely not coordinated shitposting.

Whats the comfiest pair of headphones for less than 200 dollars that sound good enough?

Attached: 88f.jpg (604x516, 31K)

Have you heard the news? Stax SR-009 was rated lower than AKG K701 in blind listening tests.

"The Correlation between Distortion Audibility and Listener Preference in Headphones"

LOL, even the best Stax headphones sound worse than some mid-fi cans.

Attached: 1546498796183.png (1027x1369, 784K)

Attached: shitheiser.png (1000x1757, 357K)

DT770 Pro 80 ohm.
Based and objectivepilled.

i think you spend too much time here. have a break.

Said the shitposter who’s been spamming /hpg/ daily for 4 years straight.

i only started visiting here like 5 days ago. really dude, take a break for your own good

Attached: riot.png (680x1360, 1.05M)

>14:24:38
>14:25:37
really makes you think

what were nikita's headphones again? People keep saying he has left /hpg/ but I don't see it.

Why do you keep pretending that you’re a random new poster Sapphire? You keep doing this but every time you’re asked for a setup pic to prove you aren’t Sapphire you magically shut up.

i have no idea who that is and previous thread you replied to different posters claiming they're this person.. you really need to just have a break my dude. obsession like this over internet nobodies isn't a good thing.

Audeze > STAX.

WHERE ARE THE CUTE ANIME GIRL FEET?

Come on sapphire, still waiting on that setup pic. Deflecting won’t help you.

i'm not that person but i have yamaha hs8 :)

you guys are probably going to bully me, but I'll post anyway in the hopes of getting some input.

I'm looking for a wireless pair for use during my daily commute (various electronic music, occasional podcasts) and for gaming on my PC. Having gotten used to wireless, I can't go back to having to mess around with cables, I've had enough of that to last a lifetime. At first I looked at the steelseries arctis 7 (yes, I know, audiophiles triggered) and it seemed good enough for my needs, but unfortunately it won't do wireless with my phone (android oreo) which is a dealbreaker.

my #1 priority is comfort, they have to be really comfortable for extended sessions. I have a pretty big head so it's a concern. I'm not an audiophile and I'm not fussed about that too much (if I were, I wouldn't go wireless), I just want good detailed sound with accurate reproduction and satisfying bass. noise cancellation is a plus.

kind of tricky with the needs I have. right now I'm toying with the idea of a pair of Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2, they seem overall very solid, and they support aptx low latency, which is clutch for gaming. I could then get a USB receiver for my PC that supports the same standard and I'd be golden. latency obviously doesn't matter when I'm just listening to music on my phone.

alternatively, I can just suck it up and go wired when I'm gaming and go with the sony WH-H900N, which seem perfect for my needs overall. my budget limit is about here as well.

Imagine being this obsessed about an anonymous poster who may or may not exist.

That’s not a setup pic, just you namedropping yet another nobass mudcannon. Still waiting sapphy boy.

Posting setup is like a time honored tradition of Jow Forums too. Battlestation threads, watch threads, laptop threads etc, it's not a /hpg/ trait.
It's not a coincidence the only people shitting /hpg/ with the same senshit shilling don't post setup. They are the same person. You don't see that from other headphone shills.
The only one who posts setup is Idol Trash.

feet are too lewd for 4channel

Attached: toolewd.jpg (1449x2048, 586K)

leave and make haste or I'll bully you

Attached: HS8-large.jpg (654x750, 29K)

>namedropping yet another nobass mudcannon
Why do you hate all neutral products?

Gosh, you headphone only audiophiles are really fucking stupid.

He is very real though. Unless you’re telling me there are multiple people who shill the exact same 2 headphones, shit on the same headphone brand, use the same buzzwords, images and talking points when arguing for/against said headphones, and share the same behavior of refusing to verify what headphones they actually own.

>who may or may not exist.
The boogeyman accusation again. As if there were such a coincidental thing in the world to see so many anons in a tiny general with only about 40 regular posters obsessed with an obsolete contraption like the Stax ED-1.

That’s not a setup pic. Try again.
>neutral
>massive fucking bass rolloff
Stop spamming.

I think white looks better

You monster.

Yep, another headphone only audiophile.

Probably fat, is a virgin and watches anime too.

Opinion tossed into the trash.

monitors intentionally roll off bass dummy

>>neutral
>>massive fucking bass rolloff
lolwut

Attached: hs8fr.png (1028x732, 44K)

You’re not very good at insulting people Sapphire. You need new buzzwords and insults next time.

Which is why they sound like shit for actual listening purposes and are only used for mastering.
You’re looking at the same graph that i am yeah? 20-50Hz? That rolloff?

>You’re looking at the same graph that i am yeah? 20-50Hz? That rolloff?
The graph isn't particularly descriptive either. Put an actual speaker in a decent sized room and not mommy's basement and watch the real rolloff at high SPL.

>Which is why they sound like shit for actual listening purposes
rofl
hope you get the chance to move out of mothers basement and experience speakers/monitors sometimes and not be permanently stuck to headphones

I'm 100% convinced that 99% of /hpg/ doesn't know what good sound is and they will keep on continuing to shill their retarded STAX based on the delusion that they're superior. This general is truly laughable.

diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/tutorials/neutral-sound-an-utopia/
Not true at all.
Are you done spamming buzzwords? Ready to post timestamped setup?

oh fine. I'll go to a relevant store and ask for help...

how is this image work safe

why don't you keep an open (yet still skeptical) mind? try them first, post pictures of them with your criticisms, and then sell them for what you paid for. otherwise, why are you even here? if you're not here to try anything and you're not here to get advice then what exactly are you doing here?

Because he is Sapphire and he lives to spam.

He lives to get people to buy junk they'll regret.

Attached: hd600sucks.jpg (1440x2444, 1.98M)

It's one samefagging stax incel seething itt 24/7

Reminder this is why actual professionals with three grammies think of the HD600

Attached: bobcatz.png (699x778, 162K)

>Then of course i have my Stax, which I think beat everything out there, with a little bass boost EQ, of course. And second runner up, the open Audeze LCD-X (or 3 if you prefer) sounds real real good without EQ and even better with EQ. After that, what affordable (under $600) open headphone would you nominate for complete sonic neutrality, no ugly HF rise, no ugly presence boost and sufficient bass???? Where is this unit... .and can someone send me one for review?

From the man who wrote the book on mastering audio.

Stax sound like shit dude, everyone knows it. Even researches show that they sound worse than mid-fi, lol.

>$4000 SR-009 sounds worse than $200 K701

From reality ()

this one stax purchaser sure seems happy with his expensive non returnable purchase, the posts really show it

Weak minded people easily become victims of buyers Stockholm syndrome

akg k702/q701

What's the name of the man?

I thought it would be obvious posting the second tidbit after the first one but that's still Bob Katz.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Katz
You don't even dare post bits of the actual study because you know it doesn't say what you think it says. In fact it doesn't say anything of value like much of haram research.

Attached: bobycatz2.png (347x966, 136K)

Bass isn't real

A real shame that the PM-3 is out of production because I can agree heavily with Bob here on it. I recall going demoing headphones before even knowing shit about them and the PM-3 stood out to me as incredibly well tuned. Kinda sad I didn’t pick it up honestly.

Some more fun stuff.

Attached: bobkatzslayingsorny.png (499x695, 126K)

>enjoying music on my pic related
What are you going to do about it, harmantardons?

Attached: 1538317614398.jpg (1274x716, 53K)

The study says that SR-009 was rated lower than K701 in blind listening tests because they sound worse.

Was k701 the best rated headphone in that "study"?

Those are your words. Now quote a part of the study that actually says that, verbatim.

No, a recording of a heavily equalized K701 played back through a SR-009 was... by a margin of 0.2, and based off of a sample size of 8, which were told to rate subjectively based on perceivable THD. You be the judge if that equals to what Nikita likes to claim.

I would put forward that if he were comparing the Stax and the LCD 4's instead of the X's, then the outcome would be different.
I think personally when you are approaching the very high end of audio fidelity it becomes much more about preference than quality, because everything is going to sound amazing unless you are just intentionally being biased.

I am trying to find appropriate comparisons between the two but its difficult because people use different measurements and test types, done in different environments using different tones/mics/software.
Maybe I was hasty when I said they look like they would ruin the music, but they honestly look like they will, in my experience.

I am struggling to find appropriate comparison charts, i can see the shape the stax tend to have, which is recessed highs and lows, but considering I don't know the context of the tests that could mean different things.
>inb4 there is no flat headphones
there are some flatter than others

also, slightly related - but audio engineers - Bob Katz included, are WELL KNOWN to be shills for companies. That motherfucker endorses anything that can write a check, even if he is brilliant at the job.

Headphone A is K701, Headphone E is SR-009

Attached: 009garbage.png (622x451, 60K)

Even heavily equalized K701 sounds better than SR-009, kek

You still refuse to post a single FR graph of Stax and continue to shill the LCD4 when it’s clearly not flat. Why are you evading the point?
innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeLCD4.pdf
Look at that rollercoaster treble. Sure it has a flat bass and lower mids response (as does stax and every other headphone with a front chamber seal, by the way) but why is the treble all over the place? How is this any metric of flat?

Well, Harman headphones wins in a Harman study (even if by a slight margin), I'd stay very suspicious of that study. It's like trusting Mars doing studies what food good for your health.

It’s within margin of error in a subjectively rated study with an incredibly tiny sample size. I’d hardly take anything in it seriously aside from the very line in it saying that THD does not affect listener preference very much.

he's old and losing his hearing, of course neutral headphones will sound murky

Yes, and K701 sounded better than SR-009

In other words, the low distortion of STAX does not matter in real world listening according to TRAINED LISTENERS.

Another LCD4 measurement showing similar response: Flat bass and lower mids but dipped upper mids and treble. This is hardly any golden standard of a flat FR. I would even call it recessed.

Attached: A7A91415-90EE-4487-B729-36864D566357.png (534x402, 22K)

Bob Katz has more integrity than you give him credit for. There's a reason why he rolls over the HD800 and it's not because Sennheiser doesn't send the paycheck.
You want actual shills look at mainstream retards like MKBHD. Man loves everything from the M70X to the HD820
Zeos is almost certainly a shill too, there's nothing he doesn't like except for the truly absolute worst trash level stuff.
Bob Katz was also no stranger to EQ so if there's a minor but easily corrected FR kink he didn't overly mind it (hence his mention of bass boosting Stax) so long as the headphone can handle it, which again, electrostat have no problem with boosting to the high heavens.
Not sure where you're going with Audeze, Katz loved them too.

>TRAINED LISTENERS
Pretty much this. Fat STAX incels think their opinions matter more than trained listeners. Now that we've established that STAX are an audiophool meme, lets go back to praising the HD600 as the peak of headphone fidelity.

STAX are also recessed but the delusional STAX incels cannot accept that it is.

Attached: VMnbBdS.jpg (400x2639, 288K)

ANOTHER LCD4 measurement showing, guess what, the same thing! This is the supposed music producer’s arbiter of flatness. I find it very hard to believe that anyone could actually talk shit about Stax for not being perfectly flat while shilling this.

Attached: B528F1BB-7F89-40CA-BEAA-577289CF0CFE.png (768x443, 51K)

Go away already, aren't you the same person everyone's complaining about?

It's obvious he's some lying poorfag, no real graph reader would buy the LCD4 when it measures almost exactly the same as the LCD2C

Attached: tonal-balance-all-lcd-open.png (1226x776, 158K)

That looks like a really neutral FR curve, thanks for posting this! Will have to try stax now.

Not the audeze poster, but I'd prolly love those LCD-4 based on the graph you post and despite being a treble head. I always preferred headphones with the presence region nailed down a bit, while I do prefer elevated mid/upper treble, but that would be exceedingly easy to boost on a LCD-4 because the response is pretty regular so just put a shelf filter.

cute drawing of me

Unless that pic he posted last thread was someone else’s I think he’s genuinely some idiot who fell for the Audeze scam.
And that’s fine. But pretending that this is the golden standard of flatness (and somehow the LCDX is massively different and should not be compared) is beyond foolish.

>matter more than trained listeners.
trained listeners believe you are peddling veiled shit

Attached: better2.png (870x1245, 418K)

I won't believe it until there is a timestamp.

Buy HD600

Attached: ety4.png (307x131, 17K)

I haven't evaded anything, I've told you that I cannot find appropriate comparisons done by the same people, we cannot compare the data from different tests.
I didn't know, when I asked what Stax audio was and why I haven't come across them before, that I would be prompted to begin doing frequency response comparisons. I didn't come here to debate you all night, i've never posted in the general before and I certainly won't again.
You attack and attack when I told you multiple times that you are correct and that I am struggling to evidence my thoughts - not that it means my thoughts arn't correct.

I assume you do not mix, you do not master. You do not work with high fidelity audio, because otherwise we would not be having this conversation.

I'm not going anywhere, they both look great and as I said i'm sure are both very high quality. Again, I should not have said they will ruin the music - they obviously wont, no high quality cans will.
And everyones gotta pay their mortgage, i'm not hating on him at all.

Is this what you guys have to deal with every time, Stax posters getting mad at the others?
The Audeze are Warm. Very, very Warm. They are truly a pleasure to listen to, to produce on. You have never heard a true sine wave tone until you've heard it on a nice volume on these LCD4s. A mix on these headphones will translate *exactly* correctly to any car, any phone, any monitor. The proof is in the mustard.

What's plankton?

A term made up by the bunch of cultists at the SBAF forum.
It's not worth looking at.

>I've told you that I cannot find appropriate comparisons done by the same people, we cannot compare the data from different tests.
But you make all these fantastic claims of Stax having dips and valleys. I’m not asking for a comparison, I’m asking for proof that these graphs exist.
>I didn't come here to debate you all night, i've never posted in the general before and I certainly won't again.
You sound more suited for headfi or reddit if your sensibilities are so easily offended by demands of evidence.
>not that it means my thoughts arn't correct.
You claim that Stax measurements have dips and peaks everywhere, prove it. If not you are objectively incorrect on basis of lack of evidence.
>I assume you do not mix, you do not master. You do not work with high fidelity audio
I do. In fact I’ll go a step further and say I produce and record my own music in my own studio as well. The fuck do you know about audio, Mr. LCD4 is flat?

>But you make all these fantastic claims of Stax having dips and valleys. I’m not asking for a comparison, I’m asking for proof that these graphs exist.
Not him, but see:

I know nothing about audio, but a spectre in the mist.
Can I hear a mix of yours?

Addendum:
>Is this what you guys have to deal with every time, Stax posters getting mad at the others?
No one here is mad. I’m just extremely dubious about the fact you refuse to prove that Stax “sound bad for their price” based off of whatever measurements you’re looking at. I don’t care about comparisons with Audeze or any other brand. I want to see what you are making these claims off of. Very simple.
>You have never heard a true sine wave tone until you've heard it on a nice volume on these LCD4s.
I assume you’re talking about THD, which Stax have incredibly low measured amounts as well. You do know that planars and electrostats use very similar tech yes?
>A mix on these headphones will translate *exactly* correctly to any car, any phone, any monitor. The proof is in the mustard.
And now you’re telling me you mix on headphones and not speakers. So much for Mr. Hifi Production.

I want headphone that'll make me cry

I’m unfortunately not obligated to post personal information about myself. After all if you refuse to substatiate a single claim of yours, I have no need to care of proving mine either.

Ultrasone Edition 12.
youtu.be/DXD6wFEpYeA?t=214