Brick my gpu

Brick my gpu

Does anyone have any experience in bricking your gpu for a brand new RMA replacement upgrade near the end of its warranty period?

For research purposes.

Attached: images (31).jpg (259x194, 14K)

You already have bricked your GPU or you want to?

put it into the microwave

One time I bricked my friend's iMac for him by hooking it up to my car battery splicrd through USB. He got a brand nee one free.
Maybe you can do the same with 6pin or 8pin power connector? Just overload it and say there was a power surge and send it back?

So if there is a perfectly fine gpu, but nearing it's end of warranty period, how does one go around bricking it to claim warranty and get an upgraded one.

The easiest way would be to flash a bad BIOS onto it.

Give it up Jamal.

You should have bought a Gigabyte GPU. The bricking near the end of the warranty period is automatic.

>tfw your EVGA GTX 780 Ti dies the week after warranty expires and they don't give a shit

It has to be a way where they can't figure out what went wrong, a wrong bios could void the warranty and they could figure it out easy with they specialized tools

Exactly what happened to me, except with Gigabyte and it was 3 months out of warranty. However, the problems began long before that. About a year before it failed, I kept having artifacts that would go away after a reboot. I contacted support and they told me it was just "driver glitches" or something along those lines.

Then one day after starting up the fans just ran at max speed and I couldn't get a video signal.
Contacted support, waited for 30 minutes before I could talk to someone, and all they did was run me through the basic diagnostic steps, like changing the PCIE slot. Then they said nothing could be done.

If they hadn't just shrugged off the artifacts, I might have gotten it fixed while it was still under warranty. If I ever buy another Gigabyte card, I will brick it right before warranty expires. They owe me a $400 graphics card.

Anyway, what about EVGA? I heard they had great warranties and great service.

>Anyway, what about EVGA? I heard they had great warranties and great service.
Evidya actually let met upgrade my card when my 680 died within extended warranty period. They didn't have any 680s anymore so they sent me a 970 lol free.

static electricity.

Aww, did the warranty period not read stated period + however long your feefees make you think you are extra special? Or was it just the stated period with no stipulations.

Run shit and block the fans?

Just tell them it's artefacting, tell them it works for an hour and then will artefact badly until you power cycle it, tell them you have more then one monitor and This only happens to whatever is in DisplayPort 1. They'll take it, likely not bother testing for a full hour and swap it out.

Are you from the UK?
I had a fucked up used card that I bought on ebay, they didn't care that I never had the receipt, sent me a new card within 2 weeks.
I've heard some stories about gigabyte in other areas of the world being shitty.
Although It'll never beat Asus failing to honor my mobo RMA because apparently it never had a serial number sticker on it. Magically disappeared inbetween me taking a photo of it before I shipped it out and then turning up at their offices. Postman must really like motherboard stickers.

>remove backplate
>plug into computer
>turn on
>gently rub the back of the card with steel wool
>???
>profit

>put a paperclip on exposed GPU PCB
>turn on
>poof
>remove paperclip
>profit

fpbp

I thought OP was telling us to fuck his shit up.

Attached: fraser rollercoaster.jpg (540x679, 409K)

I think this is what happened to my PC before it fucked up. I wasn't careful with grounding it when I first "rebuilt" it in a new case and then I kept touching the HDDs in the case without grounding.

Paper clip on gpu would Leave evidence for shorts

Artefacting would be hard to prove they would. Just say, nothing wrong with it when they tested. And failure to replicate Artefacting would just work in their favour.

Get fucked OP

Static electricity is the only thing that kills parts without visible physical damage.

Buy exact same model, swap into new box, return.

Only realy works if you can indeed buy the same GPU.

cum in it

what's wrong with it?

I have come to respect your full-house digits. They win the hand vs OP's two-pair of dubs.

My GPU was legitimately artifacting and the store I bought it from had the audacity to benchmark it for an hour and tell me it was fine, and then attempt to charge me for their time. I just left with my GPU and contacted the manufacturer directly and got a replacement.

Would sparker from a disassembled lighter, applied all over the components be enough?

Great way to start a fire, burning steel wool.

Attached: nvidia.webm (1280x720, 1.46M)

heat is probably your best bet
put it in the oven hot enough that it will melt the solder but not enough that it starts spilling all over the place

Put it under intense load for a long ass time

noobs really letting the magic smoke out